Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PBR300x2 Remote Lead Wire?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2011, 12:09 PM
phnxrider
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PBR300x2 Remote Lead Wire?

I'm using the RCA connections on my HK to Amp. You guys that have done the same, where are you connecting the remote wire to? I thought I heard someone say to use the lighter wire, does this sound correct?

Old 12-21-2011, 12:57 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

You can use the cigarette lighter or the unused connector on the headlight harness; I've used both at different times.

Carl

Old 12-21-2011, 04:42 PM
phnxrider
Advanced

Thanks I'll look into the headlight harness idea.

Carl, I believe you have the Dragonfly 6.5" speaker adapters on your fairing. Did you get yours mounted flush to the fairing? I've got the screws pretty tight (afraid to tighten more) and still have about 1/16 inch gap between the adapter and fairing. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Chris

Old 12-21-2011, 06:20 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Yes, the adapters fit flush. As to why yours are not, I can't say. I'll try to take a look over the holidays. IIRC, the shallow side goes towards the center of the inner fairing and the fat side towards the outside of the inner fairing. And you only use 3 screws to install with shortest of the three screws on the thin portion of the adapter.

Carl

Old 12-21-2011, 08:23 PM
Badgerbob
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Carl and o.p. iron cross audio are providing a service now that will give you a amp trigger wire out the back of the harmon head unit. The only reason I know this is I just sent mine down for the I-pod plug to be put out back and Maria got me to talk to a tech. and he said they were just bringing this out, so I had this done as well. No I am not affiliated in any shape or form.

Old 12-22-2011, 12:37 AM
phnxrider
Advanced

Originally Posted by Harleypingman
Yes, the adapters fit flush. As to why yours are not, I can't say. I'll try to take a look over the holidays. IIRC, the shallow side goes towards the center of the inner fairing and the fat side towards the outside of the inner fairing. And you only use 3 screws to install with shortest of the three screws on the thin portion of the adapter.

Carl
That is how I installed them. Torqued the screws pretty tight. Long screws up top and shorter screw low and outboard. Still could not get the adapters flush with the fairing... left it alone. I'm afraid I'll mess up the inner fairing if I torque the screws tighter. I'll check again tomorrow. Thank you for your replies.

Old 12-22-2011, 12:39 AM
phnxrider
Advanced

Originally Posted by Badgerbob
Carl and o.p. iron cross audio are providing a service now that will give you a amp trigger wire out the back of the harmon head unit. The only reason I know this is I just sent mine down for the I-pod plug to be put out back and Maria got me to talk to a tech. and he said they were just bringing this out, so I had this done as well. No I am not affiliated in any shape or form.

I put the remote power lead into the headlight harness. It was very straight forward (the adapter was already wired).