Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyno Tune is done

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 08:47 PM
maineultraclassic
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Dyno Tune is done

Well I got the dyno tune done today, and while the numbers are a bit lower on each from what I "wanted", it runs a lot better then it did before. I had hoped for 100/95 for backflips, but what I got is still very good. It runs great, real quick throttle response, and pulls solid from start to finish.

Zippers 320cfm Air Cleaner kit
Power Commander III usb w/rev-extend
Supertrapp Supermeg 2-1 Exhaust
1550 SE Flattop Pistons - 95"
Andrews 26G Cams
Big Boyz "Street Ported" Heads
CC'ed and Milled for 9.6-1 Compression
Cometic .030 Head Gasket
SE Quick Install Pushrods
SE Clutch Spring
SE Triple Platinum Spark Plugs

98.33 torque, 90.02 hp
4th gear SAE

From 2700 - 5100 the torque is above 90 ft.lbs........and it feels real strong.

We tried all kinds of combos with the discs and endcaps.......even nothing at all on it. In the end we went with 10 discs and open endcap.........that gave the best torque numbers and curve. We took the air cleaner off completely to see if there would be any difference........and there was none, it ran the same with it as without it.

Now to get some more miles on this build and enjoy it.

Steve

Old 12-07-2006, 08:49 PM
maineultraclassic
Elite HDF Member
Default RE: Dyno Tune is done

Here is a dyno chart of my previous stage 1 build that I use as a baseline -

Steve

Old 12-07-2006, 08:59 PM
Bryan TTM
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

i'd havta say you definitely got it goin your way....good job

Old 12-07-2006, 09:01 PM
pittguy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

How new are the cams?I have read on another site about something being up w/them. http://www.*****************/forums/sh...ad.php?t=94509

Old 12-07-2006, 09:02 PM
CNC WHEEL GUY
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Steve:

I think for what money you have into it, you have one hell of a boost in power. I would be happy with it!

What did you think of R&R Cycles? I am curious. Did you get a tour of the machine shop where they make the billet motors (and head work)?

Denis

Old 12-07-2006, 09:07 PM
DI75
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Real nice Steve. At 97 Torque your pulling stumps!! I just had mine finished, now have to ride a 1000 before the dyno and it's cold out Maybe i will send mine to texas so Bryan can put some miles on it!!

Old 12-07-2006, 09:09 PM
maineultraclassic
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: denispetit

Steve:

I think for what money you have into it, you have one hell of a boost in power. I would be happy with it!

What did you think of R&R Cycles? I am curious. Did you get a tour of the machine shop where they make the billet motors (and head work)?

Denis
Yes, we went right out back to the dyno and hung out back there. Talked to Reggie sr. and Reggie jr. and one of the machine guys a lot, they are very friendly and knowledgable...........that place is amazing. Just by looking at the outside of the building you don't think much of the place. But as soon as you get inside outback, you will be amazed. All the CNC machines, all the tables and racks of parts........and they are building a whole new huge building right out back. They want to produce 4 complete motors per day when they are done, that will put them at #2 in the country. I'm very happy with the dyno tune, and I'm confident that it was done right......those people know their $hit.

Steve

Old 12-07-2006, 09:13 PM
bountyhunter
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Steve, hit up Santa for a cybertune...guaranteed 100/100 in time for Xmas...don't even think of asking for another exhaust system or a bigger air filter!

Old 12-07-2006, 09:18 PM
CNC WHEEL GUY
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: maineultraclassic

ORIGINAL: denispetit

Steve:

Denis
Yes, we went right out back to the dyno and hung out back there. Talked to Reggie sr. and Reggie jr. and one of the machine guys a lot, they are very friendly and knowledgable...........that place is amazing. Just by looking at the outside of the building you don't think much of the place. But as soon as you get inside outback, you will be amazed. All the CNC machines, all the tables and racks of parts........and they are building a whole new huge building right out back. They want to produce 4 complete motors per day when they are done, that will put them at #2 in the country. I'm very happy with the dyno tune, and I'm confident that it was done right......those people know their $hit.

Steve
I am in the CNC Machining fielld, and have been all my life. It was amazing to me to see the stuff they do. The manufacturers of their machine tools (older model they had) came over from Japan to see how Reggie was getting his machine to do the work he was making it do. Reggie had called them in the past and asked them how to change parameters in the machines to make it do what he wanted, and they told them it could not be done - He proved them wrong. (He came from a computer engineering background) They were so impressed, I think they implemented some of what he was doing into their newer models.

Not only in the manufacturing aspect, but the motor building and service they do is far superior to anything I have seen/witnessed. So, from what I know of them, they do know their $hit!

Glad things went well for you. Hope you liked your results of your hard work, and hope you get to enjoy it ! Good work!

Denis

Old 12-07-2006, 09:23 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,226 Likes on 1,841 Posts

Ahh, so you went to R&R for the tune....just couldn't stay away after I had been there huh?
That is an amazing place. Did he talk to you about your build at all, because remember what he was telling me so I was just curious what he said to you? I spoke to Bean on the phone for awhile the other evening to keep all my options open.

Quick Reply: Dyno Tune is done