Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyno Tune is done

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2006, 07:49 PM
maineultraclassic
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Dyno Tune is done

ORIGINAL: BirchwhiteHD

Steve,

I hope this rain coming through washes away the salt on the roads,so you can get out and enjoy bike.You got my respect......... my skills are not enough to even think about doing a build like that myself. enjoy the upgrade!
They are saying 50 and sunny tomorrow............so hopefully I'll be able to get out. It's raining right now, so that will help wash the salt & sand away. Just have to be careful out there for sure.

Steve

Old 12-13-2006, 09:04 PM
wnogood
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: gilbos440rt

Hey Steve, your numbers and bike are great, and it's can pull stumps, could've used you sunday oh my back Didn't nogood smile a little bit bigger when he had his numbers corrected for temp etc etc etc? It's the same numbers just run thru a math formul ( DAMN I can't spell ) so you can compare place to place and allow for temps most likely invented in the steamy south Heck get your dyno sheet corrected, if was already forgive me I bet your numbers would improve even more not that I can see anything to complane about! Hope the 37's I got from Phil do at least that good little worried about spark knock though. Anyway any time you can do it yourself give yourself a pat on your back, an since your huskey like me just allow me to give that pat!!! Good Job!

You hit it on the head man. Numbers are just for bench racin'! What you feel in the seat of your pants is what matters.....

nogood o~`o

Old 12-13-2006, 10:34 PM
maineultraclassic
Elite HDF Member

For sure...............the chart looks good and the numbers are inline with what the 26 is made to do.

I talked to Bean the other night and he said it all looks good and right on par with what he had predicted for the build.

I really need to put a few thousand miles on it to get the feel for it, it's still a brand new build (800 miles), and I'm not used to it yet. I need to get up in the mountains and hit some good grades and just roll-on the power.

I'll play with discs/endcaps.............but I'm sticking with what I have.

Steve

Old 12-14-2006, 01:19 AM
maineultraclassic
Elite HDF Member

I received an email today from the dyno tuner, I had requested a SAE chart with AFR chart attached. They had sent me one yesterday, but it was the wrong one.....it wasn't the final tune. So today they sent me the right one, 4th gear SAE............and the numbers were slightly better.

I fixed the first post in this thread to show the new chart and numbers.

I'm curious if the flat spot between 2700-3000 is caused by the slightly lean AFR in that same spot. That was the spot he played with at the end of the dyno tuning, he was simulating a road test and doing small adjustments to make it smooth and get rid of any popping. I can't really say I feel the flat spot, but it is visible on the chart.

Steve

Old 12-14-2006, 02:42 AM
fiddledicksr
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Steve
you and I exchanged a couple emails right after you completed the build, dont get hooked on the numbers. How does it feel good pull where you ride.

I had an 99 ultra 95" with a woods 5g and SE heads, High compresion pistons, SERT, White bro 2:1 e series with 10 disk and only pulled 98 tq and 95 hp. It pulled like a hell at 3500 plus but below that it was ok. Now I ride at 50 to 80 mph or 2800 to 3200 rpm most of the time and 2000 to 3200 in street traffic.

Be proud yours is big enough to brag. this build will run long and strong.

[IMG]local://upfiles/6027/51609818F5C74331AB093C36004EB5BB.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/6027/61E8D982F0834B9898077CCEAA09B47A.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-14-2006, 06:21 PM
gilbos440rt
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Good news Bro!!!

Old 12-14-2006, 07:54 PM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

VERY nice, Steve!!!!

That looks really good! Don't sweat (over analyze) the AFR. It looks fine and remeber that is a representation of 100% throttle, which will very rarely be used anyway.

Congrats Dude!

Much ado about Nuttin!!!!

Old 12-14-2006, 08:02 PM
maineultraclassic
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: PhilM

VERY nice, Steve!!!!

That looks really good! Don't sweat (over analyze) the AFR. It looks fine and remeber that is a representation of 100% throttle, which will very rarely be used anyway.

Congrats Dude!

Much ado about Nuttin!!!!

That final run was done after he had done the "normal riding tune". He rides the dyno as if in regular traffic and on regular roads, 4th gear cruising at like 2500 rpm, then crank it up like you are passing a car.........all the usual stuff we do on th road. The whole time he is monitoring the AFR and making adjustments as needed to make rideablitly better.

I went out today for a little ride, and it ran strong. 4th gear at 3000 rpm is a blast to go WOT........hold on tight.

Steve