Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can some recommend a battery charger/

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2011, 05:24 PM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by vistavette
Get a Deltran Battery Tender Jr. you should be able to find them on-line for about $25. Best thing I ever did. You can keep your bike plugged in all the time and the unit will turn itself on and off. I have one on my Harley and one on my Triumph. My brother keep on on each of his three bikes. Always reliable.

I agree, but you can get one here for $17.50.

http://www.jafrum.com/Accessories/Ba...-PTBATTEND12JR

Old 12-20-2011, 05:55 PM
FBFletch
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by All Aces
I am looking for a battery charger/trickle charger for about $50. I just don't see the benefit to buying just a battery tender since most chargers will do the same.
Not true. Battery tenders are intended to maintain a battery that is already charged. Battery chargers are intended to restore a dead battery. You can not use a battery charger to maintain your battery. If you leave your battery on a battery charger all the time, it will destroy it.

Originally Posted by All Aces
....I really never use a battery tender but dummy here left the switch on and drained the battery. Since I am buying a charger anyways I would like to know what is a good one for all around use, car and bike. Any opinions?
I apologize in advance because once again I'm going to get on my soap box. IMHO, you should be using a battery tender all the time. And, your bike should be plugged in every single time you park it even if you ride it every day. I promise you, it will dramatically increase the life of your battery and it will pay for itself. I've had mine for five years now and it paid for itself three years ago (based on how often I was replacing batteries).