Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Was it just me?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2011, 03:48 PM
Jinks
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Yeah, you're crazy! Who would waste time crawlin' around a motorcycle........ I have a 25 year old FXR sittin' in my garage. This morning I was re-arranging the garage after gettin' some stuff from a project out of my way. The Road Glide was out of the way, & the FXR was just sittin' there in the open. I spent about 20 minutes just lookin' at the lines & rememberin' some of the good rides. Had to make myself get back to the re-arranging, so yeah, you're crazy...........like the rest of us.

Old 12-19-2011, 04:14 PM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 307 Likes on 199 Posts

Been crazy since 1967 .....love motorcycles..all motorcycles! Sure my wife thinks I'm nuts, but we met in high school, my first vehicle was a motorcycle, no not a Harley, just a Honda 305 Scrambler...man I was the shitz! ....fast forward a few years....still riding...and loving it. My SG is in the garage, nice and warm, new Mustang GT convertible sits outside....OK...I'm crazy! So Sue Me.

Keep on being crazy, never grow up! We're all kids at heart.....that's what makes us the way we are....and I'm not changing....

Old 12-19-2011, 04:48 PM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

My wife loves to ride, and always has. But to her, a "motorcycle is just a motorcycle. Doesn't matter what make it is". I spent 5 years trying to enlighten her why I was waiting to get a Harley. I could have bought another bike but I was waiting for a Harley. I lived and breathed that dream for a long time and she just didn't understand. Even after I got it, and we went on a few short rides, she just didn't get it. I too spent all my spare time either riding it, cleaning it, or just admiring it. To her, it was still "just a motorcycle".

About a month after getting it, we rode down to San Angelo, Texas, to visit her daughter on her birthday. 1,020 miles round trip. And every single time we stopped for gas or to just take a little break, people would come over to us and talk to us about the bike. How new was it, how many miles are on it, where did we come from, where were we going, etc.,. One guy pulled in off the street and drove completely around the store to come talk to us about the bike and the PGR.

During our trip home, she finally looked at me and said, "Ok, I finally get it. It's NOT just a motorcycle".

Old 12-19-2011, 05:14 PM
keith_stepp
Banned
Received 1,505 Likes on 1,077 Posts

Can't say that I ever obsessed about a motorcycle, though I do love to admire my bikes, no matter the make or model. I do that with my cars and trucks too though.

Old 12-19-2011, 05:58 PM
Roadking Cal
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"Crazy"?

Sir! Present, sir!

Old 12-19-2011, 06:47 PM
Gearhead3
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think it's a "guy thing" that a Woman would never understand. (unless she's a biker, too)

Old 12-19-2011, 06:50 PM
smitty901
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 10,321 Likes on 5,480 Posts

Originally Posted by StreetGSP
My wife complains that all I look at is Harley crap on her ipad! She's right, what else is worth looking at?
beats the heck out of **** tell her.

Old 12-19-2011, 07:29 PM
thenewrage
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I still remember the day I got the sg. Smiling from ear to ear. Got a picture of it too. I still spend a lot of time with it. I bought it all kinds of Christmas presents this year too. The sg is one happy machine.

Old 12-19-2011, 07:34 PM
KCFLHRC
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,301 Likes on 781 Posts

My wife knew I was crazy when we had our first date 33 years ago and I kept trying to put the 8-track tape in upside down. But I have an excuse, I was impaired.

Old 12-19-2011, 07:42 PM
z71_fourwheelin
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm in the same boat and now the wifey said she wants to take the rider learner/safety class. Guess Its rubbed off on her now... YAY!!!!

Quick Reply: Was it just me?