Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lost throttle response on my 10 RKC today,WTH?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2011, 11:15 PM
SamStone
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 177 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by dickey
That damn TBW is a piece of lagging crap--which is why I will NEVER own a touring bike newer than '07. Don't like it...don't trust it...don't WANT it!
+1 on that. I love having cables.

Old 12-21-2011, 01:28 AM
6 gun
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,747 Likes on 982 Posts

That damn TBW is a piece of lagging crap--which is why I will NEVER own a touring bike newer than '07. Don't like it...don't trust it...don't WANT it!
you and me both Dickey

Old 12-21-2011, 06:34 AM
santajim
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 329 Likes on 224 Posts

Throttle By Wire sensor.

Old 12-21-2011, 06:55 AM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,609 Likes on 2,727 Posts

I kid, I kid!

Old 12-21-2011, 07:13 AM
Geezr Glidr
Grand HDF Member
Received 264 Likes on 131 Posts

My 09 Classic started doing it after about 15K miles. It was corroded connectors at the end of a wiring harness, in the fairing. Don't know the technical terms --- I'm not much of a mechanic! Harley is aware of it, and mine was fixed under warranty. I could be riding down the road & all of a sudden, no power at all, but get to the shoulder, shut down for 10 seconds, fire it back up, and it could be fine for 2 more weeks or do it again in 2 more miles. Kinda cool when it does it at 75 in the passing lane of a 4-lane. Harley finally admitted that they know about it. Make 'em fix it.

Old 12-21-2011, 07:42 AM
TUCCI
Extreme HDF Member
Received 219 Likes on 167 Posts

So does gooping the connector with di- electric grease fix it or is it more complex than that? Ive been making my way around all the connectors with the grease.

Old 12-21-2011, 08:05 AM
Allen Dye
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 2010 Limited went into limp mode when it had 12460 miles on it. I had to limp four miles back home at ten mph. Got it reset, next day rode 13 miles, put my wife on back and made it 50 feet out of my drive and it did the same thing. The Harley dealer that fixed it first replaced some connectors, but it ended up being the induction module. I've put 3500 since the induction module change and so far so good. Still feel a bit nervous if going more than a hundred miles away from home.

Old 12-21-2011, 09:01 AM
Geezr Glidr
Grand HDF Member
Received 264 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by TUCCI
So does gooping the connector with di- electric grease fix it or is it more complex than that? Ive been making my way around all the connectors with the grease.
Might help, but on mine, I was told connectors were corroded. No problem after the harness & connectors were replaced.

Old 12-21-2011, 09:43 AM
Damascus
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TUCCI
I've been thinking about doing the same for peace of mind too. I love my RK, but losing power like that isn't even close to funny. Damn!

I don't know how Harley could do a bad/cheap connector recall and fix. So many connectors on so many bikes ... ??? ... that sounds like a nightmare.

Old 12-21-2011, 10:37 AM
TUCCI
Extreme HDF Member
Received 219 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by Damascus
I've been thinking about doing the same for peace of mind too. I love my RK, but losing power like that isn't even close to funny. Damn!

I don't know how Harley could do a bad/cheap connector recall and fix. So many connectors on so many bikes ... ??? ... that sounds like a nightmare.
Well, just like relacing the shift linkage with Heim joint we need to do a pre-emptive thread on how to replace the connector in anticipation of failure down the road. Where are these connectors is the first step? Is it the ones inside the handlebars? In the Nacelle? Where they at so we can do a fix before your farked DIY......

Quick Reply: Lost throttle response on my 10 RKC today,WTH?