Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fairing Factory Vented Lowers? Quality? Difference from HD brand?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2011 | 07:12 PM
kyleplusitunes
|
Road Master
Default Fairing Factory Vented Lowers? Quality? Difference from HD brand?

Anyone have Fairing Factory Vented Lowers? These are for sale for almost 200 dollars cheaper, and painted than the HD brand.

Wondering what the cosmetic and quality differences are from the OEM vented lowers?

Old 12-17-2011 | 07:15 PM
nlando
Tourer

Subscribed. Wondering this myself.

Old 12-17-2011 | 07:20 PM
piesik650
Road Warrior

HD knock offs. some show up perfect, some dont. there streched bags and fenders are close to junk.

Old 12-17-2011 | 07:27 PM
DGlide04
Elite HDF Member
Default Fairing Factory

I had a set on my Road King for 2 years and had no problem with the fitment or quality. I took them off this year since they really didn't suit the look of the other mods that I made on the Road King. For what they cost and the use I got out of them, not a bad deal either. No, they're not HD and they're made "overseas", but they fit well and the paint matched my black bike, no complaints.

The only thing that I changes was the glove box covers. I replaced the plastic snaps with metal snaps and a set of the HD box covers, other than that, they were a good investment. They're for sale if anyone is interested.

Old 12-17-2011 | 07:34 PM
amabeetle
Cruiser

I have them. I went to the dealer yesterday to compare. The only difference I could see was the stamp "fairing factory" on the inside (unseen). There are Harley part numbers molded that match the oem prolly from the original mold. Mine as all are vivid black. I have black so it was perfect. The fit is perfect and they come with high quality quick removable hardware. The only issue is the finish and paint. There are a couple more bumps on edges and bubbles in paint than should pass oem inspection. I have a bike full of little blemishes so this is absolutely perfect for me. That can be buffed and touched for better finish if needed. I have the vented lowers, 6.5 speaker boxes and hardware delivered to my home $450. This is a discount from eBay ad, if you contact them directly via email you will save the money, pay with PayPal and you're safe. I am satisfied, to me Harley does the same thing but demands $3-4 hundred more than what I paid.

Old 12-17-2011 | 09:29 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by amabeetle
I have them. I went to the dealer yesterday to compare. The only difference I could see was the stamp "fairing factory" on the inside (unseen). There are Harley part numbers molded that match the oem prolly from the original mold. Mine as all are vivid black. I have black so it was perfect. The fit is perfect and they come with high quality quick removable hardware. The only issue is the finish and paint. There are a couple more bumps on edges and bubbles in paint than should pass oem inspection. I have a bike full of little blemishes so this is absolutely perfect for me. That can be buffed and touched for better finish if needed. I have the vented lowers, 6.5 speaker boxes and hardware delivered to my home $450. This is a discount from eBay ad, if you contact them directly via email you will save the money, pay with PayPal and you're safe. I am satisfied, to me Harley does the same thing but demands $3-4 hundred more than what I paid.
if you're running vivid black, and can settle for slightly less than perfect, they can be a good deal. but if you want to get them painted to match any other color than vivid black, then unless you are a painter yourself or have a good connection, it's gonna be cheaper to buy the color matched from one of the discounters (i suggest pcpain here on the forum). i paid $480 for my denim black lowers, though vivid black and other colors are a little more expensive, $530 or so. and they do come complete, with nothing more required to buy, mounting hardware, glove boxes, and lids (with snaps)....

Old 12-17-2011 | 11:33 PM
dbell66253
Ultimate HDF Member

I have a black bike and don't want to pay extra for the speaker pods, so I'm seriously thinking about fairing factory.

Old 12-18-2011 | 02:04 PM
bald1der
Road Warrior

I looked at them and thought hard about it. Unfortunetly since I'd still have to get them pained to match my bike, for me it's cheaper to go with the HD's from a discount dealer

Old 12-18-2011 | 02:27 PM
jdiamondv
Cruiser

i had them and i have a black bike, they looked great at first but the movement was less than perfect. It always bothered me everytime i had to open or close the vents. I ended up having a little mishap and had to replace one side, i replaced them both with HD after State Farm picked up the tab because the one didnt match the import. If i had to do over again i would go with HD parts they just look better and they are better made. jd