Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rockford Fosgate 300X4 Did it BLOW today! Need Advise

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2013, 02:16 PM
DRM510
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by almuerzo
Well....my first one, I went to the tree for the ground. (Before finding this thread) My second went to the battery for the ground. Both of those have burned up. I'll hook the third one up and see how long it lasts.

I never did change the factory settings either. I'm not sure about the pass setting. I kept the gain at about 50% also. Any pointers anyone? I'm not having very good luck.
ustill running a pbr?? im done with it myself..im looking at the soundstream now. summer is near and running speakers off the deck isnt cutting it anymore..ive been told to replace my alpine speakers also as they were contributing to my problems..

Old 03-04-2013, 07:48 AM
almuerzo
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DRM510
ustill running a pbr?? im done with it myself..im looking at the soundstream now. summer is near and running speakers off the deck isnt cutting it anymore..ive been told to replace my alpine speakers also as they were contributing to my problems..
Well....my third one just burned up too. So no. Unless they can be repaired for stupid cheap, I'm pretty sure I'm done with them. I'm currently researching like a mad man to find another amp that will fit in a FLHX fairing without brackets and cutting plastic and having to remove headlights and all of that other jazz.

I'm currently studying the PA D4000.4 very hard. I think it may be what I am looking for. IDK....Have you found anything that'll work yet?

Old 03-04-2013, 07:56 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by floridapoolboy
Sorry to hear about your problems, not a good sign for the RF amp longevity. I've read too many reports of RF amps running way too hot and/or shutting down, makes you wonder. I disagree, however, on the statement that avc needs to be disabled on any amplified system. My Rev 70.2 amp specifically advises to set the avc at 3 bars, which is what I run mine at. No problems, and I wouldn't want to run without it, it's a great feature. Good luck with your new amp.
I agree. A nameless manufacturer posted a video on youtube a while back showing off their install and clearly stated that the AVC must be turned off.. What a crock! If your product can't handle AVC then you shouldn't be selling it.

As for the PBR300x4, just a terrible amp, bad quality, bad output power, no longevity as FPB pointed out above, and heat that will drive your exhaust to drinking.

Old 03-04-2013, 01:17 PM
rg_dave
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

I've had the arc ks125.2 in for almost 4 years and 40,000 miles and its still going strong.