Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel moto quickie pushrods kicking my ass

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2011, 08:32 PM
ngaraiderman
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel moto quickie pushrods kicking my ***

Im trying to get my fuel moto quickie pushrods installed after in just put in a set of tw-555's and i cant get these damn things in. My throat is sore from yelling and cussing. The tube holder that was in the kit is damn inmpossible to for me to get installed so i can adjust the little bastards. Any sugesstions. I a good wrench and can follow instructions well but these things are kicking my *** big time. Been trying since 6:30 so thats 3 damn hours at it. Im at my witts end and said F it and came in to get a beer. Please help

Old 12-16-2011, 08:39 PM
volksrod2110
Advanced

Fuel Moto is an awesome company but do yourself a favor and get a set of Screamin Eagle push rods. They are way easier to install. I had one set of Fuel Moto push rods that would not stay tight. I lock tighted the jam nut and with in 10 miles the push rods collapsed and started ticking. Readjusted and they did the same thing again.

Old 12-16-2011, 08:40 PM
volksrod2110
Advanced

Also with the Screamin Eagles, you dont need the tube holder.

Old 12-16-2011, 08:45 PM
ngaraiderman
Cruiser

Looks like im going to have to get some eagles. I hate wasting money. I looked in my book and they offer two different sets. Which do you guys recomend? Was hoping to get em done tonight and ride tommorow but ohh well

Old 12-16-2011, 08:47 PM
Sam2010
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 217 Likes on 158 Posts

I had trouble with them comin loose to. However last time i tighten them about as hard as i could no problems since. First couple times i had trouble with getting push rod tube holder in but after 3 times it got easier. Walk away try tomorrow or go get the push rod tubes that are made to access push rod adjustment.

Old 12-16-2011, 08:50 PM
volksrod2110
Advanced

Originally Posted by ngaraiderman
Looks like im going to have to get some eagles. I hate wasting money. I looked in my book and they offer two different sets. Which do you guys recomend? Was hoping to get em done tonight and ride tommorow but ohh well

I dont remember what the difference was but I just went with the tapered pushrods. What year and model?

Old 12-16-2011, 08:54 PM
volksrod2110
Advanced

I was able to return mine to Fuel Moto. Give them a call, they are great people and easy to work with. Truely a top notch company that dealers could learn from.

Old 12-16-2011, 08:54 PM
Lowcountry Joe
Elite HDF Member
Received 66 Likes on 46 Posts

Im at my witts end and said F it and came in to get a beer. Please help
There's always tomorrow. Put riding out of your mind for now. Walk away, do some searches to find how others have been successful, and try again tomorrow. No use getting upset. It's only a motorcycle and you WILL get it right, you know you will, so do yourself a favor and take your time.

Old 12-16-2011, 08:58 PM
X Iron Butt
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Not sure how the FM's work but if the upper tube collapses into the lower collapse them and use a coat hanger with a hook bent on the bottom. Hook into bottom tube lift up and attach it to anything above it that will hold by bending it arround something (throttle body anything). You can make four of them if you need to and hold all four up at once.
Drink one for me
Good Luck

Old 12-16-2011, 08:59 PM
ngaraiderman
Cruiser

09 street glide. The tappered ones in the book are 164.95. My brother from another mother works at the local HD shop so i will get him to get them for me in the morning. He get s cost plus 10% as his employee discount. Wonder if jamie wojld give me refund on the adjustable's? Guess i will call them tomorrow also. Thanks for the advise guys. Think im gonna finish this 6 pack and call it a night. To pissed to hurt my baby

Quick Reply: Fuel moto quickie pushrods kicking my ass