Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel moto quickie pushrods kicking my ass

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2011, 07:26 AM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member
Received 2,043 Likes on 1,105 Posts

When/If you get the SE push rod "Kit"... take the shoulder nuts and throw them away. They are made of a light weight metal and will bend to an egg shape when you tighten them. When this happens the shoulder nut will slip the threads and cause the push rod to collapse.

ACE hardware carries a hardened shoulder nut that works fine. It's a little larger in diameter but will fit inside the push rod covers just fine. The extra weight of the larger shoulder nut is of no consequence unless you are ramping up to racing RPM's all the time.

Old 12-17-2011, 07:30 AM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member
Received 2,043 Likes on 1,105 Posts

I removed all the BS guys. Was uncalled for in the first post... he is now on a watch list for trolling.

Cheers

Old 12-17-2011, 08:03 AM
Noble Jim
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I tried the SE tapered adjustables. After about 20 miles I lost the jam nut on two rods. They broke in half. Prior to this, even though they were the tapered rods, they "ticked" on the tubes. Search the posts and you will find similar stories. They may have corrected the problem since last summer, I just don't know. I went with Andrews, all is good.

Old 12-17-2011, 08:22 AM
ColoSpgsMark
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Echo the others challenges. I was putting the first one in and stressing that the thread locker was setting up on me. Went to a small screwdriver to pry it - carefully - and then the rest went well afterwards. For those that don't know the challenge of these, they use the stock covers and you have to really compress those covers upward to get to the adjusting nuts. The spacers hold it open once in, but they are a bear to squeeze in there.

They are great pushrods, and better solution may be just getting some covers that have greater clearance, like the SEs

Old 12-17-2011, 09:45 AM
uscanuck
Road Warrior
Received 51 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by aviscomi
I tried for an hour to intstall the FM pushrods adn a friend to me to go to the dealer for the SE rods, they come with the shorter chrome covers.
The FM pushrods work just fine. I've had mine in for 6000 miles and no issues.

If you still can't get the holder in place just pick up a set of new covers with the shorter lower tubes and you will have lots of room to install/adjust the p-rods. Cheaper than buying complete SE P-rods.

Old 12-18-2011, 02:54 PM
ngaraiderman
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Finally got them little bastards in. Went to HD this morning and the shorter tubes were in stock but the clips were backordered for a couple of weeks. That **** just wouldnt do so i forked over the 114.00 with my brothers employee discount and bout the screaming eagle pushrod kit just so i could get the tubes and clips. So now i have an extra set of screamin eagle adjustable pushrods not the tappered ones that id sell on the adjustable's cheap if anyone needs some. Once i had the room the fuel motos were easy to put in. Thanks for everyones help. Nkw i need another beer and the new rineharts put on and i will be ready. Lol

Old 12-19-2011, 09:27 AM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,166 Likes on 1,358 Posts

The FM pushrods are very straight forward to install. The trick to get the tube holder in place is to put a piece of tape or a rag on a cylinder fin and use a flatblade screwdriver to pop it in place, once you get this technique down it is simple. The actual pushrod adjustment is just like any other adjustable pushrod. This specific design was built for maximum strength and durability and we have used them in literally thousands of application including all of our 107 kits as well as with our cam packages. They also have a lifetime warranty. If anyone has any questions on installation or adjustment you are welcome to contact us at 877-729-4754

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

The following users liked this post:
RATFINK53 (01-19-2018)
Old 12-19-2011, 10:59 AM
pled55
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ngaraiderman
Im trying to get my fuel moto quickie pushrods installed after in just put in a set of tw-555's and i cant get these damn things in. My throat is sore from yelling and cussing. The tube holder that was in the kit is damn inmpossible to for me to get installed so i can adjust the little bastards. Any sugesstions. I a good wrench and can follow instructions well but these things are kicking my *** big time. Been trying since 6:30 so thats 3 damn hours at it. Im at my witts end and said F it and came in to get a beer. Please help
i did see a couple articles where the person installing pushrods
took a paper clip and hooked it on the tube and a rubberband to attatch to the rockerbox bolts .to hold them up out of your way while you do the adjustment .
maybe that will help you .think i saw it on you tube s&s cam installation.

happy holidays

Old 12-19-2011, 02:19 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,166 Likes on 1,358 Posts

Here is a quick 2 minute video we just put together that shows how to install the Fuel Moto pushrod tube holder tool which allows you to easily adjust the pushrods. This is very easy and if anyone has any questions just let us know

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nctMR...HZeo9RgTpMzUFG

Old 12-19-2011, 03:10 PM
Glyder
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks easy !!!

Quick Reply: Fuel moto quickie pushrods kicking my ass