Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TL Headlight, HD Passing Lights?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2011, 07:23 PM
tx-skydiver
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default TL Headlight, HD Passing Lights?

Anyone mixing the two types of LED lights? What are your thoughts?

Old 12-16-2011, 07:28 PM
davidw221
Supporter

Yep, I did, found the TL had a better headlight, and Harley had a better driving light, look, there's a thread on LED's and the guy who did the testing, was very good.

Old 12-16-2011, 07:29 PM
davidw221
Supporter

I also purchased the Custom Dynamics LED driving lights their very good too!

Old 12-16-2011, 08:21 PM
tx-skydiver
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by davidw221
Yep, I did, found the TL had a better headlight, and Harley had a better driving light, look, there's a thread on LED's and the guy who did the testing, was very good.
Yep. I recall that thread and that study. It was awesome, but I think it only concentrated on the TL headlight and not the passing lamps.

Because of that study, the other threads on HDF and the price, I am going with th eTL for headlight. I was thinking about going with the HD passing lamps though and wondered if the TL passing lamps were better as is the headlight?

Old 12-17-2011, 06:02 AM
2002EGlide
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just installed the TL headlight and am waiting for the TL spotlights to arrive. The headlight is awesome. It puts out a crisp white light. I hope the spots do the same.

Old 12-17-2011, 06:20 AM
djaudette
Road Master

Anyone have a link to these lights??

Old 12-17-2011, 07:17 AM
Bodean46
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I have both headlight and passing lights from TL and my buddy on his '12 SE Streetglide had the HD's installed. For the money i think the TL's passing light up the sides of the road a little better than HD's, and thats where i'm trying to spot the 4 legged critters coming from. Seems like the HD's are more forward focused. Just my $.02.

Old 12-17-2011, 07:32 AM
Tx_Rider
Tourer
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

All three are TL lights. I wanted more visibility in daylight that why I went with the TL's. Every group ride I am in I get comments about how bright they are. Well worth the $.

Old 12-17-2011, 08:07 AM
davidw221
Supporter

Originally Posted by tx-skydiver
Yep. I recall that thread and that study. It was awesome, but I think it only concentrated on the TL headlight and not the passing lamps.

Because of that study, the other threads on HDF and the price, I am going with th eTL for headlight. I was thinking about going with the HD passing lamps though and wondered if the TL passing lamps were better as is the headlight?
The study did have the TL's and the HD driving light comparisons, That's why I chose the HD driving lights.
The added bonus of the Custom dynamics LED crash bar light makes it even more bright. I live in a near a park where there are more deer than people, they are a real concern, safety is more important than being cool, Just my opinion.

Old 12-17-2011, 09:35 AM
SeeJeepCrawl
Road Master
Received 91 Likes on 85 Posts

I purchased both headlight and spot lights from HD. It was my very first option purchased. I then got the BAL (BrightAssLight) for the rear. I absolutely love being seen from both ends. My wife is just glad that I am not spending money on guns or ammo, so she is pretty much letting me get what I want for the Bike, as she LOVES to ride.

Quick Reply: TL Headlight, HD Passing Lights?