Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TL Headlight, HD Passing Lights?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2011, 10:15 AM
davidw221
Supporter
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My wife won't ride with me, period!
I have driven police cars and fire trucks for over 40 years, she thinks every time I get behind the wheel I'm going to a fire, or a holdup!
I've slowed down in my older age, she still won't ride!
Says I scare the hell out of her.
I had three accidents in my life.
One I was passing a mail truck on a county road, and she turned left into me running me into a phone pole.
Second one, I was on the interstate, guy next to me hits the brakes, when he figured out I was a cop, at 75mph, broad sided me and ran me into the bridge, it was icy.
I drove this one out of accident, spun it around and drove onto the shoulder of the road. Had to climb out the window, the B post was crushed.
I drove the totaled car back to the garage limping all the way.
Third accident was I was sitting at an intersection stopped at a light, the dumbask lady behind me thought the light had turned green and ran into the back of my bike, causing $8 worth of damage.
None of the accidents were my fault.
I have had driving training up the yaz-oo, ice training, pursuit training.
basic motorcycle, advanced motorcycle classes, still, this lady won't get on my bike.
My kids ride with me, had plenty of offers of ladies to ride, but I know that one would get expensive in the long run, if you know what I mean!

Old 12-17-2011, 10:22 AM
HFS
Club Member
Received 339 Likes on 205 Posts

Sorry to hijack,

Anyone compare the TL vs HD LED vs the HD HID?

I went HID prior to the LED release. I was curious how they compare to HID as opposed to OEM.

Thanks

Harry

Old 12-17-2011, 11:39 AM
jimclaypool
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default TL passing lamps only

I went with the TL passing lamps only and left my headlight stock. I do most of my riding during daylight so my intent was to be better seen in daylight. Also, I am just not sure of the reliability of the LED headlight (based on my experience with a few LED lights for home use!!). I do a lot of long distance trips and do not want to be stuck somewhere without a headlight and have to get a LED replacement from a Harley shop. I can always pick up a replacement headlight bulb from any nearby NAPA store. This to me was the best of both worlds as to front lighting and reliability peace of mind. I like the difference between the lighting from the headlight and passing lamps now too. I think that adds to me being seen from the front. I have attached a pic I took as I was installing the new LED passing lamp (if our can't tell, the one on the right of the pic is the new LED!!
I got the two passing lamps on sale from Eastern Performance.

Attached Thumbnails TL Headlight, HD Passing Lights?-img_1648.jpg  
Old 12-17-2011, 12:34 PM
Louisianarider
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just purchased the TL headlamp and TL passing lamps and here's a few pics. The first pic is with just one TL passing lamp installed like jimclaypool's pic. Can you guess which one is the TL?!?! I mean DAMN what a difference. The factory halogen's as noted in other threads are dim and yellow in comparison. The color of the LED's are a very bright white. The second pic is one passing lamp and the TL headlamp installed, low beam. The third pic is the TL headlamp on high-beam with all ten LED's lit. Very easy install and VERY BRIGHT!

Attached Thumbnails TL Headlight, HD Passing Lights?-1.jpg   TL Headlight, HD Passing Lights?-2.jpg   TL Headlight, HD Passing Lights?-3.jpg  
Old 12-17-2011, 05:11 PM
Nute
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Here's the link to the comparison. Both lights have their good points.

http://www.lrsanitary.com/0/leds_update.pdf

Old 12-21-2011, 07:44 PM
Louisianarider
Tourer

Finished installing the TL-Lites today and damn they're bright. Hopefully I'll be more visible with oncoming traffic. Here's a short video of the lites at night.

http://youtu.be/Fk_EJeQp-ic

Old 12-22-2011, 05:48 AM
timvan
Road Warrior

Does anyone have the model #'s of the TL headlamp and passing lamps?

Old 12-22-2011, 06:21 AM
2002EGlide
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by timvan
Does anyone have the model #'s of the TL headlamp and passing lamps?
The head light is 2261 and spot light are 2262 through Kuryakyn. You can pick them up on ebay from this seller for a lot cheaper They have the whole set for $415.00 and free shipping. I just did the whole upgrade and it is amazing.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HARLEY-KURYA...item2566a1efda

Old 12-22-2011, 06:35 AM
nickel dime
Cruiser

Driving my home from work the other day a guy passed me that was running the TL headlight and HD LED passing lights. I noticed that the passing lights didn't show up that great during the day. I could see the 3 LEDs in each light but they really didn't stand out. The TL headlight was fine and I could tell he was running low beam by the 6 LEDs that were lit. I think I'll go with the TL all around.

Old 12-22-2011, 08:47 AM
tx-skydiver
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the input, pics and videos. I spoke with my dealer and they will order all three for me...no problem. I am going to get my Chrome Cash coming and get all 3 TLs.