Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SE 103 Stage II kit

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2012, 06:01 AM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by mgmmgm
makes me wonder about the tune my HD dealer did with my bike this Spring. They had it for the whole day, and mentioned doing a data collection and V-tune.
Hmmm- SE super tuner pro is what I have, the bike runs great. I did not get any dyno sheet though..... at the end of the day when I picked it up.
I will say it ran better than before.
?
V-Tune it whats used on the TTS Mastertune systems. the Super Tuner has a built in program called Smarttune, It's pretty much the same thing as V-tune. In a nutshell they can be set up to record data, then the user rides the bike around and the bike records info, then when done you can download the recording and make corrections to your MAP. After a few good sessions the bike should run half way decent. It's in no means a dyno tune but it is effective. I would have to guess that your dealer either doesn't have a dyno or they don't have anybody that can run it.

Old 01-28-2012, 07:23 AM
Rooster37
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

let us know what the numbers are when you are done....

Old 01-28-2012, 08:25 AM
PWFD
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A friend of mine had the SE 103 installed last year. When he let me ride it I couldn't believe I was driving a Harley. Bang for the buck, best money a guy could spend on upgrades. It's too bad the 103 that comes on the harley's is NOTHING like the SE 103 you are having installed. Our bikes are so underpowered compared to other manufactures bikes. BUT with your upgrade you will be smiles from ear to ear!

Enjoy,

T

Old 01-28-2012, 08:51 AM
stogieluvr60
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Smarttune

Originally Posted by harleytuner
V-Tune it whats used on the TTS Mastertune systems. the Super Tuner has a built in program called Smarttune, It's pretty much the same thing as V-tune. In a nutshell they can be set up to record data, then the user rides the bike around and the bike records info, then when done you can download the recording and make corrections to your MAP. After a few good sessions the bike should run half way decent. It's in no means a dyno tune but it is effective. I would have to guess that your dealer either doesn't have a dyno or they don't have anybody that can run it.
There is something about the Smarttune feature I'm curious about. If the stock narrow band O2 sensors can only read from 14.2 to 14.7, how can you tune to a lower AFR? I hope someday the MOCO quits jerking us around with this junk EPA driven system and gives us true wide band adjust-ability but I know I'm dreaming. (Sorry, jumped up on my soap box again!)
Also in your opinion, how well do the up-the-tailpipe AFR sniffers work as opposed to ones that are screwed in a bung just off the head like on the pre 2010 models. Thanks!

Old 01-28-2012, 10:08 AM
NDBadlands4-2
Extreme HDF Member
Received 67 Likes on 57 Posts

My dealer had a similar deal this winter and I went in for the Stage 1. I am interested to see what type of HP gains you get going from Stage 1 to Stage 2.

Old 01-28-2012, 10:15 AM
mikebaby
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Linville Lion
Mikebaby,

I see that you have SuperTrapp Slip-Ons....tell me what you think of them. I have a very similar set up but have not changed out the pipes. I would like a lower tone/growl but do not want additional bothersome noise. Have you done anything with the header pipes or the cat converter?
I like them. When you go WOT they get loud. Otherwise they are a good volume level. Not too loud and not too quiet. They are great for touring. If I had one complaint it would be that I wish they were deeper sounding. But I don't wish enough to swap them out.

mikebaby

Old 01-28-2012, 05:16 PM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by stogieluvr60
There is something about the Smarttune feature I'm curious about. If the stock narrow band O2 sensors can only read from 14.2 to 14.7, how can you tune to a lower AFR? I hope someday the MOCO quits jerking us around with this junk EPA driven system and gives us true wide band adjust-ability but I know I'm dreaming. (Sorry, jumped up on my soap box again!)
Also in your opinion, how well do the up-the-tailpipe AFR sniffers work as opposed to ones that are screwed in a bung just off the head like on the pre 2010 models. Thanks!
When you have your tuner set up to record (Smarttune) it changes the AFR table on the MAP to all 14.7:1 A/F across the whole range. So in essence, the bike is running in closed loop. When you are done Smarttuning your MAP is now calibrated to your build. I.E. it nows knows what A/F it is running in all the ranges. So the user can set his AFR table where he wants to and the ECM will be ables to make the adjustments to get it there. Just like a dyno, we set the whole MAP to 13.0:1 A/F then make all teh A/F (VE) adjustments to the ECM. Once the ECM is adjusted (clibrated) to 13.0:1 we can now set the AFR tables to where we actually want it to run in certin ranges.

The up the pipe sniffers work just fine, actually very accurate as long as you keep the filters in the sniffer clean. Some o2 sensors can be a real PITA to get to when the pipe is on the bike so the probe is the way to go.