Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SE 103 Stage II kit

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2011, 01:02 PM
kojak
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,805 Likes on 1,361 Posts

I've done Stage 2 kits on my Ultra and my RK. You'll get to 95% of the performance you would get with head work, aftermarket tuners, dyno time etc. With a stage 2 download, its a really good value and big improvement over stock. I've gone both ways and this is it for me.

Old 01-17-2012, 09:59 PM
mikebaby
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well after backordered parts, closed service dept the last week of 2011, and a painfully long wait, my bike is done. 85HP 105TQ. I'll post a dyno sheet once I have it in hand. I can't wait to wind it out!

mikebaby

Old 01-18-2012, 11:01 AM
stogieluvr60
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm stoked for ya bro! Those numbers look dead on for what you did. You are not going to believe how hard that thing pulls off idle! Super strong out passed 4500 rpm. I'm sure you will not regret it all. Congrats!

Old 01-24-2012, 02:41 PM
mikebaby
Road Master

mikebaby

Old 01-24-2012, 02:48 PM
bgdv1
Road Master
Received 223 Likes on 70 Posts

droppin my bike off tomorrow for its SE 103 w/255 cams upgrade.plus i went with the SE race tuner also. its goin to be all SE parts from ventilator AC to the SE 4" touring pipes and decatted head pipes.

Old 01-25-2012, 07:25 AM
stogieluvr60
Cruiser

Originally Posted by mikebaby

mikebaby
I was looking at your dyno run and I would like to suggest that if it ever develops a slight stumble off idle or any low speed surging, perhaps they have your AFR a bit lean in the lowest of rpm's (i.e from idle to about 1800rpm) . In those rpm's you should see the AFR be a bit rich and then lean out as the rpm's climb. Just something to look for in the future and a possible solution should those conditions arise.

Old 01-25-2012, 07:31 AM
stogieluvr60
Cruiser

Originally Posted by bgdv1
droppin my bike off tomorrow for its SE 103 w/255 cams upgrade.plus i went with the SE race tuner also. its goin to be all SE parts from ventilator AC to the SE 4" touring pipes and decatted head pipes.
Does yours come with the ACR's? I believe it does which would be a very good thing. I really like my Stage 2 and have no regrets except my mechanic said compression releases aren't needed and I beg to differ, they are. Maybe not an absolute necessity but for no more than what they cost, they are cheap insurance for your starter, ring gear and comp sprocket. Get that baby tuned well and ride! Congrats!

Last edited by stogieluvr60; 01-26-2012 at 06:59 AM.
Old 01-25-2012, 03:56 PM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by stogieluvr60
I was looking at your dyno run and I would like to suggest that if it ever develops a slight stumble off idle or any low speed surging, perhaps they have your AFR a bit lean in the lowest of rpm's (i.e from idle to about 1800rpm) . In those rpm's you should see the AFR be a bit rich and then lean out as the rpm's climb. Just something to look for in the future and a possible solution should those conditions arise.
his dyno sheet doesn't show anything about what his bike might do right of idle, except at wide open throttle.

I've PM'd and e-mailed back and forth with Mike on this and i've given him my thoughts/ concerns on his dyno sheet. I might as well share them here publicly as well. I know the dealer's work that did his build, i've had some of the bikes they've tuned come up to our shop for a re-tune (we are about an hour North of Mansfield).

The sheet shows lean right at real low RPM's and a tad lean in the mid range. Not that big a deal (although it could use some work) since it only represents wide open and wide open is not where people ride. Then there is the typical smoothing factor being printed in STD instead of SAE to show higher numbers. This topic has been beat to death on the forums so no sence re-hashing it now. My main concern about his "tune" is that it apperars that they didn't fully tune it. It looks like they dropped a MAP in it and tuned the wide open throttle position and called it good. Not tuning the other throttle positions from idle to WOT where we do most of our riding. The reason I suspect this is because at the bottom of his sheet you will see it says runfile_011. That tells us that the run they printed was the 11th run that they made. The WinPep software defaults the run numbers in sequence unless the user changes the runfile name. If the bike was fully tuned and the user didn't change the runfile name the number should be at least 60 - 80 AT LEAST.

Old 01-25-2012, 09:57 PM
mikebaby
Road Master

I did ask if they did any tuning other than at WOT, and they said that they did, but don't print that out unless specificly asked for. If it's true or not, I really don't know. The limited riding I was able to do yesterday put a smile on my face. At the end of the day, that is the most important. Now if my fuel economy goes down the ******* once the newness wears off, then that smile will fade, and I'll be headed to Roeder Racing.

mikebaby

Old 01-26-2012, 06:19 AM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by mikebaby
I did ask if they did any tuning other than at WOT, and they said that they did, but don't print that out unless specificly asked for. If it's true or not, I really don't know. The limited riding I was able to do yesterday put a smile on my face. At the end of the day, that is the most important. Now if my fuel economy goes down the ******* once the newness wears off, then that smile will fade, and I'll be headed to Roeder Racing.

mikebaby
The only reason I question the full tune is the runfile number. When I tune a bike I will name a file Front 1 (that's a wide open throttle pass on the front cyliner), then I will name one "80", then one "60", 40, 30, 25, 20, 15, 10, 7, 5, 2. (these names change depending on year. These would be for like an '07 to '09) But the point is, each one is a run that I record at that throttle position. If I didn't name each run seperately it would default to the runfile_0xx (number adding up each run). The reason I change the runfile name is so I know what column to make my corrections later. Let's use a bike with the TP's like I just posted. To record each these TP's that would be 12 runs itself. (actually 14 because I make 3 wide open passes then 1 each for the others). And I go through each cylinder minimum of 2 times. So 14 times 2 is 28 for the front cylinder, another 28 for the rear gives us 56. This is a bare minimum amount of runs it takes to tune a bike. And this would only be tuning the VE tables, not even touching the ignition timing.

Hopefully this will help you understand why I question a full tune when I see runefile_011 on your sheet. I'm not saying all this because I want you to come up and spend more money at our shop. I'm telling you this because I don't want you to get screwed. I sincerely hope your bike runs gret nd you re extremely happy with it. I still want you to ride up to our shop this summer and hang out a bit. We have quit a few parties throughout the summer. we always have cold beer in the fridge.

Quick Reply: SE 103 Stage II kit