Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why can't i be happy with what i got!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2011 | 10:43 PM
tkunk
Tourer

It's half the fun of the Harley. No other bike makes you want to throw money at it like a Harley does. Embrace it. They say money can't buy happiness. But it can when it's spent on your bike

Old 12-15-2011 | 11:43 PM
vizcarmb
Stellar HDF Member

Well, you must have a lot of time and money to blow around. You need to send both over my way asap!!!

Cant do any mods other than cheap mods because I feel obligated not to spend over the amount my monthly payment is. I figure if I can spend 2k on an exhaust, air cleaner, and auto tuner, I can gladly use that 2k on paying down the bike.

Old 12-15-2011 | 11:53 PM
piesik650
Road Warrior

I figure I can't take the money with me.

Old 12-16-2011 | 12:04 AM
thenewrage
Road Captain

enough is never enough. Im trying not to keep track of what ive spent on this thing

Old 12-16-2011 | 06:18 AM
blusmbl
Road Warrior

Honestly, I think the type of people attracted to Harleys like to tinker with things anyway, regardless of what it is. Lots of you guys are older, lived through the musclecar era, etc, and modding things with wheels and an engine is just a way of life.

I thought I'd leave my bike stock too, but that changed in about a month. It's too easy to customize them to your liking. Last winter was seat/apes. Next year is going to be cams/duals, and I'm sure the year after that it'll either be a 124" or an additional shovelhead project bike so I don't ruin my RKC.

Old 12-16-2011 | 06:25 AM
lkr0
Elite HDF Member

I told myself "I said self I aint spending no money on bikes this month" that was five years ago -- it hasn't happened yet.

Old 12-16-2011 | 06:25 AM
09 YELLOWBIRD
Grand HDF Member

Unless you live under a rock and don't see other bikes on the road, don't look at biker mags, not on this forum reading about all these threads, etc, etc.

It's very hard NOT to add something to your scoot! Your sled looks great!

Ride Safe,

YELLOWBIRD

Old 12-16-2011 | 06:37 AM
amabeetle
Cruiser

You are identifying a syndrome for sure. I am a licensed counselor with a masters degree in counseling. I see people all of the time who aren't happy and need to make changes in their lives. This is somewhat different because some of the satisfaction is researching, planning, hunting parts, pieces, tools, reviews and finally doing the mods. The whole process is the experience and then there's taking pictures of the bike and maiden voyage after the mod. I am identifying a common syndrome but not necessarily a disorder. If you like it and live within your means you are ok. Same goes with other hobbies. Let's not talk about guitars or amps, another obsession of mine. You have a hobby, if you can include others in your life in the hobby even better because it is a social event. Just don't let it become a "mine is bigger than yours race" because you can't win, make it personal and live to your fullest.
Enjoy the obsession, I do. I bought a police bike 4 years ago and have thrown $4k in mods at it. I like it now way better than stock but it was somewhat unique needing civilianization mods. No worries, eh?
Best wishes,

Old 12-16-2011 | 07:16 AM
FL-kruzen
Road Master
Cool

I think life is all about anticapation. Something to look forward to. Just think if there was nothing to look forward to, what would life be like? You ever want something so freaken bad, then when you get it, it's oh hum? What's next right? It's all about anticapation.

It's like seeing the most hottes chick you ever seen walking down the street and your heart races, your mouth goes dry, you feel a tighten in your jeans, well just think of this, there's some guy out there tired of doing her! It's all about anticapation.

Last edited by FL-kruzen; 12-16-2011 at 07:19 AM.
Old 12-16-2011 | 07:30 AM
Lowcountry Joe
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by amabeetle
.... satisfaction is researching, planning, hunting parts, pieces, tools, reviews and finally doing the mods. The whole process is the experience ....
For sure.

Quick Reply: Why can't i be happy with what i got!!!!!