Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rokker system ordered!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2011, 09:33 PM
TIF2
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All I will say is that my bro told me ...

No matter how much money you are making as a business owner ... cry poor (as the owner of said business) and people "will pay like a slot machine".

Do NOT feel bad about calling a dealer out on price.

Old 12-23-2011, 04:54 PM
Wanna Ride
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 18 Posts

I wasn't calling anyone out, I was just merely questioning. As a consumer, isn't that part of what we're supposed to do? Sure, I'll do my part for the economy, but I'm asking questions first.

Old 12-23-2011, 05:11 PM
djack
Road Master

Originally Posted by groovna
Today I ordered a J&M Rokker 250W amp and a pair of 7.25 Rokker speakers for my streetglide. Merry Christmas to me!!
lol i just ordered the same thing for mine yesterday from Dr. V-Twin. who did you order yours through?

Old 12-23-2011, 05:18 PM
djack
Road Master

Originally Posted by JMJOHN
well let's see ,,,,,

most of you are in business right ? ,,, and we DO appreciate all of our good customers ,,,,

back to the foam ,,, we have to buy and entire BIG BRICK of that fire-resistant charcoal gray foam each time ,,, I think it is around $2,500 per brick/bun ,,,,

then the guy down the street has to cut it in layers with a special knife, then run it thru the die-cut machine for each piece, then apply the cool pre-gummed foam backing ((or is it the other way around?)) ,,,,,

then take the install instructions we give him, and bag each set up properly and not mix any up ,,,,,

then it is delivered to J&M ,,, I have to pay someone to stock it in our warehouse and then bring it over here to be combined with the speaker kits, or sold separately by itself ,,,,

THEN if I want distributors like Drag Specialties to stock and distribute it, and dealers like your local Harley dealer to buy it and sell it to YOU, I have to give them each their required profit margin ,,,,

and HOPEFULLY J&M can take home 2-6$ profit from each kit when all is said & done, to help pay for the lights, the dirt we sit on, and some advertising occasionally, no less the approximate $1,000.00 per month it costs to be a sponsor on this web forum alone ,,,,

all I can say is that we do the very best that we can ,,,,,
right on John, so you pay to be hassled om here? lol, I just ordered your 250 watt amp and some rokkers from Dr. V-Twin. should have em in a week or so

Old 12-23-2011, 07:48 PM
VA2Cali
Intermediate

I too ordered amp and speakers, got them in today and bout to start the install in just a min...wish me luck

Old 12-23-2011, 08:24 PM
djack
Road Master

Originally Posted by VA2Cali
I too ordered amp and speakers, got them in today and bout to start the install in just a min...wish me luck
good luck, but it looks pretty straightforward

Old 12-24-2011, 12:17 AM
VA2Cali
Intermediate

yea, that wasnt tough at all...except for the bonehead that had my scoot previously went in and f'd with the internal wiring so i had to make new connectors and what not.... hardest part was the damn harness bolts just cause of the location... J&M sure did make it dummy proof....sh*t it's even MARINE proof. sounds good in the garage at low speeds (like not moving, lol) cant wait to take it out for a ride and check it on the highway. later all