Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who has lowered their bike???

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2011, 01:20 AM
Deuuuce
Elite HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

That's a nice bike except I've never seen an RG slammed that low. Looks odd to me. How tall are you? I've never seen standard sized mirrors mounted upside down, especially on bars that short.

Old 12-15-2011, 04:21 AM
xjayx
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Im only 5.5 and I lowered my 2012 street glide 1" up front and 1.5" in the rear. I used a progressive drop in up front witch rides good for me, I like a little stiffer front end. The rear has a drop block set to 1" and a 11.5 progressive 412, The rear rides a little harsh but I love the look and rarely ride 2 up anyway. Im going to a 21 front rim so ill be lowering the front down 1 more inch to take up the taller tire. The bike handles great as it is now too.

Jay

Old 12-15-2011, 04:25 AM
Brettcr
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Deuuuce
That's a nice bike except I've never seen an RG slammed that low. Looks odd to me. How tall are you? I've never seen standard sized mirrors mounted upside down, especially on bars that short.

5'8"

(Prior to the new rims and having a sh@#$% day)

Old 12-15-2011, 04:28 AM
DMC1
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did the same with my bike and have had no problems. I also wanted the raked look.

Originally Posted by Tripp_HPjunkie
Worth every penny IMO loctite everything and you should be good..........the kits come with every nut,bolt,washer you could need.....plus ive had good luck with that company in the past....

Attached Thumbnails Who has lowered their bike???-100_2143.jpg  
Old 12-15-2011, 06:08 AM
FBFletch
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bambamblazer
Im thinking about lowering my new bike. Im 6'2" so this would be strictly for looks. I am thinking 2" drop in kit in the front and 1-2" in the back. So those who have lowered yours, how low did you go and any problems???
Don't do it. When I bought my 2001 Fat Boy the original owner had lowered it to the point that bottom of the crash bars would almost touch the ground with the bike on the kickstand. I'm 5'8" and have already had it raised one time. It's still low enough that I have to roll the bike up on 2x6s to get a motorcycle jack underneath it. And, the footboards scrape with very little lean at all. Even as short as I am, I'm probably going to have it raised again. IMHO, too many reasons to not do it.

Old 12-15-2011, 07:25 AM
Hecklerboy
Road Warrior
Received 893 Likes on 387 Posts

I lowered my SG with the Road6Customs lowering kit.
Dropped it 1" in the rear and I've never had a problem with anything dragging and the ride doesn't feel any different to me.
Still rides smooth and handles great.

Old 12-15-2011, 07:32 AM
coolerman69
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jkrahn
How do you do that?
Monroe Corvette shocks and a Viair compressor.

Old 12-15-2011, 03:12 PM
opunui
Intermediate

Did the same for less than $160.00. love the ride. silver soldered all fittings.

Old 12-15-2011, 04:37 PM
DeneFXDWG
Road Warrior
Received 56 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Tripp_HPjunkie
Worth every penny IMO loctite everything and you should be good..........the kits come with every nut,bolt,washer you could need.....plus ive had good luck with that company in the past....
I was just on the Road 6 site and see that the whole block assembly isn't that much money. When the hard bags are back on the bike after the install, can you see the extra brackets and bolts etc., or do they mount on the bottom of the shock? In the 1" reduced position do they alter damping of the shock so the rids is much stiffer? Thanks

Old 12-15-2011, 04:59 PM
yardsaledave
Novice
Default Custom air ride

Originally Posted by coolerman69
Monroe Corvette shocks and a Viair compressor.
Nice ride coolerman69. I've been looking for shocks only since I have a spare compressor. Do the Monroes really collapse 5.5"? I wouldn't ride it that way. Just for show. The Arnott's only collapse to 9.5". Doesn't seem like enough for the "parked" look I'm going for. Any possibility you could provide the part number for the Monroes? Thanks

Quick Reply: Who has lowered their bike???