Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

mustang seat for xmas present

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2011, 12:52 PM
lizdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts
Default mustang seat for xmas present

Guys I am planning on getting my hubby a mustang vintage wide touring seat with removeable backrest and the matching pillion seat (not that we ever use it since I ride now a deluxe) for xmas. But given money wise this isn't a cheap option for xmas I was looking to the touring riders to make sure I was making the right decision. Hubby has a RKC 02 with a stock seat. We ride a fair amount including long trips (we did a 4700 trip this last summer). Since we ride a lot he is more into comfort than looks so he wouldnt be happy if I got a fancy seat that wasnt comfortable. The more comfortable I make him the longer distances I can get him to go with me. I am a bit of a freak and will suggest riding when it is awful out.
Anyhow thoughts?

Thanks a bunch
Lizdc

Old 12-14-2011, 01:10 PM
Ronp42
Account Retired
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

He should be happy with it. I like my Super Solo w/removable backrest. Good quality!

Old 12-14-2011, 02:07 PM
shooter5074
Outstanding HDF Member
Location: Western Illinois, land of bad roads, and corrupt politicians
Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

If you want to save a few bucks, get a bib instead of the pillion.

Old 12-14-2011, 02:21 PM
KCFLHRC
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,301 Likes on 781 Posts

Mustang is a good choice in my opinion, I have had 2 and will buy another when the time comes.

Old 12-14-2011, 02:27 PM
TUCCI
Extreme HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 167 Posts

Yeah I went with the wide super solo, backrest and the bib and im all about comfort and staying in the saddle. They claim it lowers you some but found it opposite the fact, it **** me up some and Im 5' 8-9 so I cant really spare an inch, but its a great seat.

Old 12-14-2011, 03:28 PM
eathomps
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have the wide smooth solo with wide pillon on my '02 Road Glide. I like it; it's been on the bike almost 10 years now and I haven't even considered replacing it since I bought it.

Old 12-14-2011, 03:28 PM
lizdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by TUCCI
Yeah I went with the wide super solo, backrest and the bib and im all about comfort and staying in the saddle. They claim it lowers you some but found it opposite the fact, it **** me up some and Im 5' 8-9 so I cant really spare an inch, but its a great seat.
We like having a backseat for riding his son around plus sometimes if we are out like in sturgis we decide to take one bike from campground to an event ( I think he likes getting me on the back of his bike once in a blue moon personally)

My hubby is about 2 inches shorter than me so like 5'7 so an inch will matter with him. Hopefully it doesn't raise him up too much.

Thanks for the advise guys.
Also do you all like the backrest. It looks really nice but wanted to make sure. I just got once (after market) for the stock seat on my deluxe. I love it.

Old 12-14-2011, 03:38 PM
Allen Dye
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I purchases a Mustang heated one piece Super Touring seat for my Limited at Biketoberfest in October. So far the best money I've spent on it. It has turned my Ultra from a miserable 400 mile a day bike into a comfortable 600-700 mile a day bike. The Mustangs seats are firm, but my rear fells the same way at 200 miles as it did at 20 miles. And it's getting better.

Old 12-14-2011, 03:42 PM
one-up
Road Warrior
Received 28 Likes on 11 Posts

Mustang is a great seat. I had a Vintage Solo on my Road King. Very comfortable.

Old 12-14-2011, 03:56 PM
wurk_truk
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Mustang makes very good products. I run a solo with a backrest and a bib.

I love it.... way way more comfortable on long days for sure.

Myself, I won't ride without a backrest anymore. After like 400 miles, the difference in how my arms and shoulders feel is night and day. Hope This helps.

Quick Reply: mustang seat for xmas present