Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Solo with rack

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2011, 12:29 PM
one-up
Road Warrior
Received 28 Likes on 11 Posts

The Motherwell racks look cool. Had one on my '06 Road King. I put an H-D solo rack on my '10 Road King.

Attached Thumbnails Solo with rack-06-road-king.jpg   Solo with rack-sam_0110.jpg  
Old 12-14-2011, 01:45 PM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 309 Likes on 200 Posts

Originally Posted by drnk_n_publick
Thanks, how is it on longer rides?
Don't know, just put it on, only have a whopping 175 miles on the new bike, crappy weather, plus everyone Christmas. Shopping and not paying attention out there is scary....
Come on spring!

Old 12-14-2011, 01:47 PM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by dansflhti
Is your seat a Speed cradle or a Big seat?I have the Speed Cradle on my 09 and am looking for a rack that will work.
I think it's the big seat....for my big butt,
Anyway, I think that's what the seller called it...never had a DG seat before...

Old 12-14-2011, 01:48 PM
Nirvana
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Casper, how does that sit compared to your stock seat?

Old 12-14-2011, 01:52 PM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Nirvana
Casper, how does that sit compared to your stock seat?
For the very short time I have rode the bike with it, it feels like it sits lower, maybe narrower at the nose, comfort about the same as stock...but I only have 175 miles on the bike, so my opinion may not carry much weight....
So far I like it, I do have an Alaska Leather pad and a gel Pro Pad if I need it for longer trips, headed for Sturgis with my oldest son next year, I'll need them then.....

Old 12-14-2011, 01:53 PM
Nirvana
Road Captain

Do you feel you sit farther back or closer to the handlebars?

I'm sure sitting lower helps provide some space for the Alaskan pad.

Old 12-14-2011, 02:03 PM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member

Do you feel you sit farther back or closer to the handlebars?

I'm sure sitting lower helps provide some space for the Alaskan pad.
About the same really, I didn't measure or anything, seat of the pants feel like it's the same anyway...reach to the bars is about the same. Had a C&C solo before that moved me back, didn't like that, liked the seat, but not moving back, my sleeve length is 32"....going with WO 575 bars this winter and should be right for me.....

I also have some moose hide I bought from a forum member, need to find someone to recover the solo seat with it, just for something different, maybe some stitched flames or something on the seat.....might even through in a gel pad under the cover....price will dictate this....

Old 12-14-2011, 02:13 PM
Nirvana
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Casper
About the same really, I didn't measure or anything, seat of the pants feel like it's the same anyway...reach to the bars is about the same. Had a C&C solo before that moved me back, didn't like that, liked the seat, but not moving back, my sleeve length is 32"....going with WO 575 bars this winter and should be right for me.....

I also have some moose hide I bought from a forum member, need to find someone to recover the solo seat with it, just for something different, maybe some stitched flames or something on the seat.....might even through in a gel pad under the cover....price will dictate this....
Thanks for your impressions. I've been looking for a solo seat that sits just like stock, not farther back and not closer to the tank.

The moose hide sounds interesting. How is it tanned? Does your Danny Gray seat have the center ridge?

Old 12-14-2011, 02:22 PM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member

Thanks for your impressions. I've been looking for a solo seat that sits just like stock, not farther back and not closer to the tank.

The moose hide sounds interesting. How is it tanned? Does your Danny Gray seat have the center ridge?
C&C will male a seat to sit you in the same position as stock, or further forward, just tell them when you order...
It does have a small ridge in the center, not as pronounced as the Butt Crack one...if I recover, I'll have that smoother down.

As for the Moose hide, I have no idea how it was tanned. Feels butter soft and looks good, black already...thick too.