Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Paul Yaffe's BaggerNation Rockford Fosgate System Installed!

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2012, 03:30 PM
scumBAGGER
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by pauly3
Unfortunately this is NOT correct. When using the high-level inputs (speaker wires) as the audio source going to your amp there is no need to wire a remote wire. The amp will auto-sense audio feed coming through and power on the amp by those means.

You should only have 1 10 gauge power wire running to battery and 1 10 gauge run to a solid ground. I used the grounding post on the inner frame by the battery.

Please do NOT run any wire to your cigarette lighter or any other accessory power source as it is not needed and will only introduce EMI into your amp which will then be amplified and played through your speakers.
ok thanks.....

Old 06-16-2012, 04:22 PM
pauly3
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bmb
I have the PBR 300 4ch an I keep hearing about this noylt needing to use a remote wire of unare using the hi-level imputs and for some reason on my amp it does not work without a 12v source connected to remote. I have b+ ran to battery and good ground. When you hit switch nothing unless you also have a 12v source connected to remote. I even had RF Tech support on phone. We check everything he said and same. So we use'd the orange wire blue stripe of factory harness that is the remote wire for the deck pull'd 12v from it to amp. Has work'd great for 6mo. Anybody know why my amp is this way?
How did you wire in your high level (speaker wire) inputs? Did you connect them to the front or rear channel of the amp. In order for the amp to be powered on they must be wired to the front INPUT audio channel.

Old 07-16-2014, 07:00 AM
javagag
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Harness or Not Front issue 13 Electra Guide Ultra

Good Morning everyone,
I'e see a few posts on this topic but can't seem to find them this AM.
i recently have been battling a Rockford 300X install with polls. Wired the factory output wires from the harness into the amp as instructed and have come from the amp output to rears. After the first install everything worked great until the HK head suit completely die (two weeks.)
Head unit replaced under warranty and at it again. This time with Paul Yaffes wiring kit. Only prob is this time rears play and fronts don't regardless if input from harness for the rears is plugged into the front or rear amp input. I tried plugging the output from amp rears into fronts with no luck, pretty perplexing.

Looking for any advice you guys can offer. The only difference is that I had picked up the front ires at the speaker and spliced into the amp vs using the harnesses this time.

Thanks Brothers