Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

which layback license for detachable tourpak?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2011, 06:53 PM
HogglyWoggly
Tourer
Received 48 Likes on 28 Posts

I took a slightly different route and and bought the plate re-locator from Softbrake. Bought LED taillight (laydown smoke), LED signals (already had smoked signal lenses) and run/brake/turn module from Badlands. LED license plate cover from CustomDynamics. All total ~$250 but well pleased with the results.

Old 12-13-2011, 12:06 AM
webbug
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by acchd
Softbrake & JP Cycles make a license plate bracket they'll go directly under your stock turn signal bar and bolts to it. You'll need a new tail light lens with clear lens bottom if go that route. I got a new tail light with clear bottom for sale over in Touring classifieds. I ended up buying and installing a Street Glide turn signal bar with lighted license plate bracket.

Here's pic of my present setup.

I like your setup and the curved plate. I have already got the bullet Rear turn signal bar installed on the bike but doesnt have the bit that bolts the plate number with lighting.

The question is, can I use the same licesence plate that your using on my setup? which brand/model is it?

Old 12-13-2011, 07:51 AM
acchd
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by webbug
I like your setup and the curved plate. I have already got the bullet Rear turn signal bar installed on the bike but doesnt have the bit that bolts the plate number with lighting.

The question is, can I use the same licesence plate that your using on my setup? which brand/model is it?
Ok you have a Road Glide signal bar and that's what I use to have before I put a Street Glide signal bar on. My Street glide signal bar has a Kuryakyn curved plate license plate holder. There is no where to bolt a license plate to actual Road Glide signal bar. If you don't want to change your turn signal bar Softbrake makes a license plate holder for Road King Customs part# SB-SSLPR-RK they told me would work with your signal bar. I beleive it attaches to the bolts that hold signal bar on. It's not a curved plate. You'd need a new tail light lens with clear lens bottom to illuminate plate.

Old 12-14-2011, 05:35 AM
webbug
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks, things are much clearer now

Old 12-14-2011, 02:51 PM
htc
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here in Europe we have huge license plates and no hope to fit them between tourpak and tail light. I didn't find any mounts from Softbrake & JP Cycles to Road King Classic 2010. Softbrake's J&P Part: 340-730 goes for just about every year model except 2009 and 2010. Is there any solution, please?