Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley Moves Wheels Move to CHINA

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2011, 07:51 PM
knewt5
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I see a future (not long from now) when we will moddify our bikes so we can swap out the foreign made parts with US made parts. It is a global economy and frankly I'd rather see Austrailian made parts than Chineese made parts. China is not known for quality made goods and America has made them too powerfull an economic force by gobbling up these inferior goods. We don't hold them to the same taxation standards that we hold other "trade partners" to and they're steam rolling the marketplace.

We need cooperation from our unions and acoroprqate taxation structure that rewards companies who have shipped jobs abroad when they bring those jobs back here

just my $.02

Old 12-11-2011, 07:57 PM
speedwaysteve
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im in the car repair biz.got a factory volvo part,made in china...sux that there getting all the work

Old 12-11-2011, 07:58 PM
JayStronghawk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 280 Likes on 215 Posts

Agree would rather see the Aussies making the wheels .. At least they have a Harley Following over there ...

Old 12-11-2011, 08:09 PM
Michael HD Rider
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JayStronghawk
Agree would rather see the Aussies making the wheels .. At least they have a Harley Following over there ...
It's a pain to have a bike in China, but they are working on it.

About 100 cities in China, including Beijing and Shanghai, have restrictions that include banning two-wheel vehicles from elevated highways and major thoroughfares to curb noise and thefts, according to the state-affiliated Society of Automotive Engineers of China. That has stymied Harley’s growth in the world’s most populous nation.
If you had to stay off the highways, would you still own a bike? And we complain about our government!!!

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-0...le-market.html

Old 12-11-2011, 08:25 PM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 72,282 Likes on 21,834 Posts

I'd rather see the Mexicans making the wheels.
At least the wheels woukd still be made on this continent and helping their (Mexico)economy which in turn would keep some of the Mexicans in their own country and trying to compete with USA workers for jobs. HD should be ashamed.
I guess that I'll keep my 18 inch American made front wheel that I have for sale..
Maybe it'll be worth more now...

Last edited by lionsm13; 12-11-2011 at 08:28 PM.
Old 12-11-2011, 08:30 PM
2WHEELFEVER
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

reasons why i wont buy a new harley!!

Old 12-11-2011, 08:44 PM
SICKBAGGER
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Phil at HogPro makes, sells many brands of very nice wheels right here thats what I am wearing!

Sure would be nice to see HD just commit to making the everything right here in the USA. Right now they could probably really negotiate some great labor deals, find distressed properties for factories, and really change their dwindling reputation. With all the proud Americans they would probably sell for even a little more than they are getting and again become even more valuable to the foreign market as the great American bike again.

Old 12-11-2011, 09:01 PM
Harleyboyddk
Road Master

Delete

Last edited by Harleyboyddk; 12-11-2011 at 09:08 PM.
Old 12-11-2011, 09:06 PM
Harleyboyddk
Road Master

United States sends US Marines to Australia and Harley-Davidson leaves for China? HD needs an attitude adjustment. Who's side are they on. Do they really want to support Chinas economy over Australia. Didn't see any Chinese participation in the middle east. Australia was there. Help your friends, bury your enemies. HD has become the Hanoi Jane of the corporate world. Australia is an ally, China is not.

Last edited by Harleyboyddk; 12-11-2011 at 09:44 PM.
Old 12-11-2011, 09:13 PM
TO34
Road Warrior
Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm always curious when I see posts like this, just how much would a HD bike built with all US made parts cost?

Quick Reply: Harley Moves Wheels Move to CHINA