Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley Moves Wheels Move to CHINA

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2012, 06:46 AM
tazaroo
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by lh4x4
The parts were already outsourced off shore and is going to another off shore location.

Question. What difference does that make?

Tell me that they were going to Ohio and I would get excited. Well maybe just a little excited. At 71 I can't take too much excitement.
The difference with China making parts is that their ultimate goal is for us to be their *****. Remember, it wasn't that long ago that we were mowing down ChiComs in Korea by the thousands in human wave attacks. The 11 and 12 year olds that were fighting us then now run the country. Couple that fact with their Chairman Mao brainwashing and you still ask "what difference does that make?" My new years resolution is to never purchase ANYTHING made in china and my new years motto is "F@%k China".

Old 01-04-2012, 06:51 AM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,548 Likes on 6,277 Posts

Originally Posted by tazaroo
The difference with China making parts is that their ultimate goal is for us to be their *****. Remember, it wasn't that long ago that we were mowing down ChiComs in Korea by the thousands in human wave attacks. The 11 and 12 year olds that were fighting us then now run the country. Couple that fact with their Chairman Mao brainwashing and you still ask "what difference does that make?" My new years resolution is to never purchase ANYTHING made in china and my new years motto is "F@%k China".
I like your thinking. We are giving our manufacturing capability away to a potential enemy, just to profit the upper class over our middle class. Recipe for decline.

Old 01-04-2012, 08:29 AM
sargek
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not to mention we keep borrowing money from them, how stupid is that?! I was impressed a few months ago by a special on TV about "Buying American" where the show producers tried to furnish a house with only American made goods. They were successful for the most part, except with appliances and electronics. I always try to buy American if I can, problem is many things just flat out aren't made here which is sad. We need to be a little more isolationist and start looking after ourselves instead of everyone else on the planet.

Old 01-04-2012, 08:43 AM
jimmything
Stellar HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

It all boils down to GREED, nothing else. These worthless f@cks are money junkies.

Old 01-04-2012, 09:04 AM
atrain68
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by jimmything
It all boils down to GREED, nothing else. These worthless f@cks are money junkies.
I have a different spin on this. If you run your own business will a sane owner pay $100 per unit for labor and material, or $50 for the same thing? No business owner can escape this reality.

As for quality, it will suffer being a Chinese product, but if buyers are still willing to pay $20 grand for a Chinese Harley, then the decision works. I recognize the consequences of the math are brutal. By the way, I am no fan of the Chicoms. Just trying to make a point.

Old 01-04-2012, 09:41 AM
jimmything
Stellar HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by atrain68
I have a different spin on this. If you run your own business will a sane owner pay $100 per unit for labor and material, or $50 for the same thing? No business owner can escape this reality.

As for quality, it will suffer being a Chinese product, but if buyers are still willing to pay $20 grand for a Chinese Harley, then the decision works. I recognize the consequences of the math are brutal. By the way, I am no fan of the Chicoms. Just trying to make a point.
Oh, I totally understand your point, but this ugly situation America is in all started from GREED, plain and simple.

Old 01-04-2012, 09:59 AM
Nirvana
Road Captain

Moco is a very large, publicly-traded company which is faced with a dimishing domestic market for its luxury product. In order to grow revenues and subsequently profits (which is demanded by the shareholders), Moco needs to reach an expanding market.

That expanding market is not going to be found in the US. China and India are experiencing and will continue to experience significant increases in their upper-middle class population. These are the people most likely to afford Moco's luxury products.

In order to make their product more accessible to as large of a market as possible in China and India, Moco would like to minimize or avoid import tariffs placed on their products in these countries. This can be accomplished by establishing a portion of manufacturing and production in China and India.

Moco already sells more than 30% of its products abroad. The next step in growth is to become a real multi-national corporation.

Is this difficult to understand?

Old 01-04-2012, 10:05 AM
beary
Grand HDF Member
Received 283 Likes on 188 Posts

Originally Posted by jimmything
I know what you mean, everyone else in the US is willing to work for no profit, why can't MOCO.

Beary

Old 01-04-2012, 10:18 AM
Ronp42
Account Retired
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Nirvana
Moco is a very large, publicly-traded company which is faced with a dimishing domestic market for its luxury product. In order to grow revenues and subsequently profits (which is demanded by the shareholders), Moco needs to reach an expanding market.

That expanding market is not going to be found in the US. China and India are experiencing and will continue to experience significant increases in their upper-middle class population. These are the people most likely to afford Moco's luxury products.

In order to make their product more accessible to as large of a market as possible in China and India, Moco would like to minimize or avoid import tariffs placed on their products in these countries. This can be accomplished by establishing a portion of manufacturing and production in China and India.

Moco already sells more than 30% of its products abroad. The next step in growth is to become a real multi-national corporation.

Is this difficult to understand?
I understand what you are saying, but what's going to happen when the people here in the USA finally wakeup and start firing these sob's in washington that's sold us out to foreign countries like china. I hope the hell they already have. Maybe we can start changing things in 2012????
As for me, I've always stood up for the MoCo in the past, but I'm becoming more and more dissatisfied with HD. I for one have bought my last Harley.

Old 01-04-2012, 10:23 AM
Nirvana
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Ronp42
I understand what you are saying, but what's going to happen when the people here in the USA finally wakeup and start firing these sob's in washington that's sold us out to foreign countries like china. I hope the hell they already have. Maybe we can start changing things in 2012????
As for me, I've always stood up for the MoCo in the past, but I'm becoming more and more dissatisfied with HD. I for one have bought my last Harley.
I was hoping to convey that this has everything to do with the natural growth opportunities of a major business. If Moco is responding to anything that is going on in this country, it's that not enough people can or will buy a $20K luxury item and they desperately need to find people who can.

Quick Reply: Harley Moves Wheels Move to CHINA