Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

dragula vs. thunderheader

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2011 | 12:03 PM
streetg131
Tourer

Frank, Is this power guarantee for both hp and tq? I'm runnin R+R's 131, do you know if your pipes would fit over their cam cover? I originally wanted the Thunderheader X series but it wouldn't fit, wound up with a Bassani Road Rage. If your pipes fit and improve hp and tq, I might give em a try next year.

Old 12-10-2011 | 02:46 PM
johnd5412
Cruiser

See attached for my dyno 123 tq/108 hp:
Thunderheader
106 CI
FM level b heads
TW 555 cam

The thunderheader is a great performance pipe.

Attached Thumbnails dragula vs. thunderheader-untitled-1.jpg  
Old 12-10-2011 | 03:33 PM
DRAGO'S BIKE WORKS
Former Sponsor

Here is pic a 120r stock with procharger and Dragula with 3.05 baffle and dyno sheet with less than 6.5 boost

Here is a dyno sheet with Dragula and Dragos 131 with blower 222 hp and 194 tq

Here is a dyno with Dragula on our Dragos threshold stage 3 107 126hp and 125 tq look at tq straight across............ No drop off....

And yes it is bigger than Thunder x or bass, Our 2 inch runners are over 13 inch long.... not like others when is 4" Again we put are money where are month is.....

And if you need bigger we offer the Dragula Fang with a 3.00 inch collecor for bike that can make 180 to 350hp.
Guys remember we build from 75 hp to 600 hp bikes we are not your everyday indy with basic bolt on kits. Do we have basic motor kits yes. We are custom engine builders and one of the largest if not largest v-twin blower motor builders in the world

I am not sure. about the 131 R&R If it will fit over the cam cover. If you like we can try it. Let us know I will ship one to you. Just give me a call.
It is no probs with a Jims 131 or Dragos 131 or 120R or a zippers 124. As long as it is stock size it will fit no prob......Here is a picture of one on a 120r with blower.

Originally Posted by streetg131
Frank, Is this power guarantee for both hp and tq? I'm runnin R+R's 131, do you know if your pipes would fit over their cam cover? I originally wanted the Thunderheader X series but it wouldn't fit, wound up with a Bassani Road Rage. If your pipes fit and improve hp and tq, I might give em a try next year.

Attached Thumbnails dragula vs. thunderheader-2011-11-12_11-38-40_267-2-.jpg   dragula vs. thunderheader-120r_procharger_dragula_exhaust_315181414_large.jpg   dragula vs. thunderheader-221hp.jpg   dragula vs. thunderheader-dragost3.jpg  

Last edited by DRAGO'S BIKE WORKS; 12-10-2011 at 03:50 PM.
Old 12-28-2011 | 12:47 AM
North Star
Road Captain

Frank, you seem to have a great product and great service. I'm considering the Dragula for my 2009 SERG.

Thing is, your shop seems to specialize in big motors and blowers. Because of that, every time you mention dyno sheets, it seems to always be of a bike with a blown motor. The sound clips on your site are also mainly of big inch blown bikes.

Lets face it- 95% of the people here don't have engines bigger than 110's, and very few have superchargers or turbos. I for one am not 100% sure how your exhaust would perform and sound on my stock 110, because all I the information I ever see and hear is how they do on the hi-po motors.

It would be nice to see and hear some HD quality videos of stock bikes with your exhaust pipes- just like Fuel Motos website- they have great quality videos of their pipes on idling bikes, revving, and drive bys. It gives a real good idea of the sound of their exhausts.

Don't mean to sound like I'm criticizing you, because I don't mean to- I'm just giving my opinion on how you could better advertise and educate average consumers about your pipes.

However, I realize you have great word of mouth advertising on here and the other forums, so I am confident that the Dragula is a well made and good performing pipe- I just don't know how much better it may perform and sound, as compared to the D&D, Bassani, Thunderheader, etc, on plain ol' 96 or 110.

Old 12-28-2011 | 06:27 AM
DRAGO'S BIKE WORKS
Former Sponsor

No prob. But we do show dyno sheets on 107 and stock motors.
and there are video clips of stock bikes running the dragula. Please give us a call I can you send any dyno sheet you would like to see on my 2:1
815-765-1790
dragosbikeworks@yahoo.com email.
Later today I will post some pictures here.

Originally Posted by North Star
Frank, you seem to have a great product and great service. I'm considering the Dragula for my 2009 SERG.

Thing is, your shop seems to specialize in big motors and blowers. Because of that, every time you mention dyno sheets, it seems to always be of a bike with a blown motor. The sound clips on your site are also mainly of big inch blown bikes.

Lets face it- 95% of the people here don't have engines bigger than 110's, and very few have superchargers or turbos. I for one am not 100% sure how your exhaust would perform and sound on my stock 110, because all I the information I ever see and hear is how they do on the hi-po motors.

It would be nice to see and hear some HD quality videos of stock bikes with your exhaust pipes- just like Fuel Motos website- they have great quality videos of their pipes on idling bikes, revving, and drive bys. It gives a real good idea of the sound of their exhausts.

Don't mean to sound like I'm criticizing you, because I don't mean to- I'm just giving my opinion on how you could better advertise and educate average consumers about your pipes.

However, I realize you have great word of mouth advertising on here and the other forums, so I am confident that the Dragula is a well made and good performing pipe- I just don't know how much better it may perform and sound, as compared to the D&D, Bassani, Thunderheader, etc, on plain ol' 96 or 110.

Old 12-28-2011 | 06:39 AM
DRAGO'S BIKE WORKS
Former Sponsor

One more thing. Which exhaust manufacturer will give you 100% perfromance guarantee against any 2;1 in its class. If my pipe fails I will give you your money back. Send the pipe back to me.
Of corse very simple rules
1. Same dyno
2. Same bike.
3. 10 days after receiving to prove.
have not lost yet.
thanks.

Originally Posted by DRAGO'S BIKE WORKS
No prob. But we do show dyno sheets on 107 and stock motors.
and there are video clips of stock bikes running the dragula. Please give us a call I can you send any dyno sheet you would like to see on my 2:1
815-765-1790
dragosbikeworks@yahoo.com email.
Later today I will post some pictures here.

Old 12-28-2011 | 07:16 AM
DRAGO'S BIKE WORKS
Former Sponsor

Here you go more pics of stock bikes and custom bikes with Dragula 2:1.
Thanks you.

The blue bike is a stock 2011
Black one is a customer who is trcking out his bike and is using a Dragula custom mods by him.

Black muffler is are ghost pipe. Dragula

Grey bike is a 2010 St Glide bone stock with Dragos SCS 2:1

Let see how long this will stay up before they move this under vendor listing.

Attached Thumbnails dragula vs. thunderheader-dragula-road-glide-chrome-stock-103.jpg   dragula vs. thunderheader-custom-dragula-chainsaw.jpg   dragula vs. thunderheader-dragulaghostpipeblackchrome.jpg   dragula vs. thunderheader-2011-06-03_11-20-28_511.jpg  

Last edited by DRAGO'S BIKE WORKS; 12-28-2011 at 07:22 AM.
Old 12-28-2011 | 07:22 AM
Varooom
Road Captain

Thanks for the input Frank.
I am ready to order one for my FM 107 build on a 08 roadglide.
I see on your website that there is a 2:1, and a 2:1 S/C/S4, and a 2:1 S/C/S but the website does not explain the difference or maby I am just not finding it. What is the difference with these 3 pipes.

Thanks for your time and what looks like a great product.

Doug

PS: I am running a Bassani Roadrage now but have had it for over 4 years. It sounds great and performes well but it is time for a new pipe.

Old 12-28-2011 | 07:56 AM
DRAGO'S BIKE WORKS
Former Sponsor

One thing I have to explain Our blower motors start out as a N/A motor before we put the blowers on them. Just thing what we can do with N/A motors and the beating they can take........... food for thought....

This is the one that we ran in our Threshold 107 stage 3 kit that made........ 126 hp 125 tq and the tq starts at 2200 rpm at 123tq and stays straight across until 6000prm flat line. Dyno sheet is on our website. under Dragula exhaust. It is posted here also further up
For your bike The Dragula 3 step header with 2.55 collector with the 2.55 baffle is what I would install.
Power range support is 75hp to 145 hp.

Where can you get a$ 650 dollar ceramic coat inside out, 2 year warranty, 02 bung,s 3 step header with heat shields for$ 650.00 buck with a 100% perfomance guar. against any 2:1 in its class.
And offers ghost pipe.
Just give us a call when you are ready,
Happy New Year.

The SCS-4 is a 1.75 equal length header to a 2.50 collector to a 4 inch muffler baffle choice 2.55 or 3.05.

Originally Posted by Varooom
I see on your website that there is a 2:1, and a 2:1 S/C/S4, and a 2:1 S/C/S but the website does not explain the difference or maby I am just not finding it. What is the difference with these 3 pipes.

Doug

PS: I am running a Bassani Roadrage now but have had it for over 4 years. It sounds great and performes well but it is time for a new pipe.

Last edited by DRAGO'S BIKE WORKS; 12-28-2011 at 08:00 AM.
Old 12-28-2011 | 10:23 AM
qtrracer
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Varooom

Doug

I have the same question, what are the differences between the 3 exhausts listed? And what do the S/C/S and the S/C/S4 designations mean?

Quick Reply: dragula vs. thunderheader