Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Check Engine Light Ultra Classic

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2005, 12:06 AM
UltraRider
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Check Engine Light Ultra Classic

I've had the bike for about 2 weeks now. I bought it with about 6400 miles on it. It's a 2004 Ultra. My buddy told me to flip the kill switch to run and wait for the engine light to go out before starting. I do this and shortly after it is started, the light comes back on for a few seconds and goes back out. Is this normal? Since the light goes out, will it throw a code? I can't find anything about it in the owners manual. Thanks,

Old 07-21-2005, 01:25 AM
HDF Tech
Banned
Received 152 Likes on 43 Posts
Default RE: Check Engine Light Ultra Classic

If the light comes on after you start again, you have a code stored, here's the proceedure for checking it, it could have something as simple as a bad start and should go out after 50 start run cycles of at least 30 seconds each if the trouble is not present yet

https://www.hdforums.com/m_43975/tm.htm

Old 07-22-2005, 02:51 AM
UltraRider
4th Gear

TCSTD, you're the man. Followed the link, printed it off and did what it said. It gave me a couple of codes. One was "P1353 Front Cylinder No Combustion EFI" and the other was "P1356 Rear Cylinder No Combustion EFI". I cleared the codes as outlined and started the old girl up and no check engine light. Haven't had time to actually ride it but I have a feeling I know why I got they codes. I, uh, ran out of gas. I guess I've got it. When the light comes on, I'd better find a gas station. Thanks again. You also saved me the money from buying a code reader. Harley is so cool. Don't think any riceburner companies would put the diag. on thier bikes. Well, maybe on a Goldwing.

Old 07-22-2005, 08:50 AM
HDF Tech
Banned
Received 152 Likes on 43 Posts

Glad it worked for you, remember that that no combustion code can be set also by a problem that the baggers have in the wiring harness from the rocking of the engine and the tie wraps being too tight that support them, the wires at the injectors breaks inside the sheathing causing a miss and the no combustion code to set. That info is in the DIY section also.

https://www.hdforums.com/m_66257/tm.htm

Old 09-19-2013, 10:03 AM
weidnerr
Stage IV
Question 05 Ultra Classic DTC

I haven't been able to access the DTC screen on my 05 Ultra. It has a power commander on it. Would that hinder access DTC mode. Lights come on but no speedometer movement or flashing code lights. How long should it take to start display? Procedure Used: Ignition switch off, turn HB switch to Run, hold in speedometer button (how long), switch ignition on (how long), and release odometer reset...How long do you hold speedometer reset in after turning key to ignition. Battery was low when I cranked it so I think all I have is low voltage error. Want to retrieve code and then clear it.