Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Built the best engine cooling system...again

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2012, 06:38 AM
dbell66253
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Post deleted by dbell66253.

Last edited by dbell66253; 08-06-2012 at 01:00 PM. Reason: deleted
Old 08-06-2012, 06:54 AM
boston rg
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Jason-Any updates on the cast alum housings back from the painter?

Nevermind- I just saw that I got an invoice.Thanks

Last edited by boston rg; 08-06-2012 at 08:03 AM.
Old 08-06-2012, 08:54 AM
WARDSPARTSWERKS
Banned
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by boston rg
Hey Jason-Any updates on the cast alum housings back from the painter?

Nevermind- I just saw that I got an invoice.Thanks
Yep, will be shipping probably tomorrow. The silver cast matched up great IMO. I had to reject the powder I selected to match the CVO granite, but I have already ordered a replacement powder and it should be in by thursday. The CVO match ended up too dark for my liking, it wasn't completely out of place but it could be closer. See below

Attached Thumbnails Built the best engine cooling system...again-100_1463.jpg   Built the best engine cooling system...again-100_1464.jpg   Built the best engine cooling system...again-100_1465.jpg  
Old 08-06-2012, 11:15 AM
boston rg
Intermediate

Originally Posted by WARDSPARTSWERKS
Yep, will be shipping probably tomorrow. The silver cast matched up great IMO. I had to reject the powder I selected to match the CVO granite, but I have already ordered a replacement powder and it should be in by thursday. The CVO match ended up too dark for my liking, it wasn't completely out of place but it could be closer. See below
They all look good in the picture!
Hard to tell about the match with them not being next to a motor. I assume you will be putting some pics on your web site of all the different color combo's?I was really up in the air(no pun intended) on the ss screens or the cast alum screens-It would have been nice to see pictures of both but we are splitting hairs at this point.
Thanks cant wait to get it and run it.

Old 08-06-2012, 11:40 AM
WARDSPARTSWERKS
Banned

Originally Posted by boston rg
They all look good in the picture!
Hard to tell about the match with them not being next to a motor. I assume you will be putting some pics on your web site of all the different color combo's?I was really up in the air(no pun intended) on the ss screens or the cast alum screens-It would have been nice to see pictures of both but we are splitting hairs at this point.
Thanks cant wait to get it and run it.
I'll post all the color combinations soon as I can, here is a preview of the silver cast housings with , silver, black, and stainless screens. You do have to see it in person in natural light, to get a true representation. Also there are slight differences in lots, batches, and discoloration due to age and maintenance, so I will never get a "perfect" match, its virtually impossible, but this matched well a number of old and new bikes at my local dealer, to include, touring,softails,dynas, and sportsters, with a "silve/cast" engine finish. I recommend staying with the OEM color scheme, if you have polished highlited fin edges, I would go with the SS screens.

Attached Thumbnails Built the best engine cooling system...again-100_1482.jpg   Built the best engine cooling system...again-100_1483.jpg  
Old 08-06-2012, 11:50 AM
boston rg
Intermediate

Originally Posted by WARDSPARTSWERKS
I'll post all the color combinations soon as I can, here is a preview of the silver cast housings with , silver, black, and stainless screens. You do have to see it in person in natural light, to get a true representation. Also there are slight differences in lots, batches, and discoloration due to age and maintenance, so I will never get a "perfect" match, its virtually impossible, but this matched well a number of old and new bikes at my local dealer, to include, touring,softails,dynas, and sportsters, with a "silve/cast" engine finish. I recommend staying with the OEM color scheme, if you have polished highlited fin edges, I would go with the SS screens.
Thanks for posting the pics-
Yes I think your recomendation is a good one-I am not looking for a perfect match just want it to blend in and have it look like it belongs- I think the black housing would have really stuck out against my cast jugs so I am pretty happy about being able to get them in cast.

Old 08-06-2012, 07:25 PM
mrfikser
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

a week or so ago I posted here about the fans and how they cool (from other folks information) ...I want everyone to know that in no way am I not happy with the fans and they appear to be working great, from what I said it could have been misconstrued to mean that I had issues with them...I do not have any issues with them...as a matter of interest I am presently on a 2500+ mile trip from the Md-D.C. area to Colorado and back and the fans have been working great in the 100 degree temps that I have been exposed to almost daily...

Old 08-07-2012, 08:10 PM
wachuko
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 72 Likes on 58 Posts
Cool

I finally got around to connecting mine...

Those fans move a lot of air!

Man do I love how this bike looks!!!!

Old 08-07-2012, 08:20 PM
dbell66253
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

A little off subject, wachuko, what horn do you have, and where is it located?

Old 08-07-2012, 08:40 PM
WARDSPARTSWERKS
Banned
Default No Chrome Yet

Sorry guys, I'm starting over with another chrome shop. I'm not going to accept substandard work. Anybody got a known high quality chrome shop on the east coast, I'd definately consider it. Please send recommendations via PM.

Quick Reply: Built the best engine cooling system...again