Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Built the best engine cooling system...again

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2012, 10:09 AM
bluethunder110
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Depdog. Guess it would help if I read more than a few select posts. I kinda jumped around there and haven't been keeping up with the thread. But now that you mention it wasn't there an upgraded fan option somewhere along the line. If the internet wasn't such a slug over here I'd go back and reread the last half of the thread to catch up. We'll see what this week brings.

Old 07-29-2012, 10:28 AM
WARDSPARTSWERKS
Banned
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by IRONBOURBON
CVO guy here, lol.

Without reading every post to see if you already said. Just curious as to why there is such a long lead time for you to receive the fans?
They are not stocked by the MFR or distributors, once they are ordered, they must be scheduled, and then manufactured. Scheduling wait time, actual manufacture time, packaging, shipping and customs, all contribute to the lead time. I've been trying to expedite a partial order, working through the distributor, but no luck communicating with the MFR yet.

Old 07-29-2012, 01:05 PM
WARDSPARTSWERKS
Banned
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Update

I just sent out notices via PM requesting the finish configuration sheet. I only sent them to folks who haven't submitted one yet. I'm trying to make sure everyone has a fair oportunity to take advantage of the new finish options. If you got a notice and already submitted one, please disregard. I'm trying to clean up all back orders in the next couple weeks. I will be shipping this week probably every day. I will send out invoices for the balance on all orders, no more "button" payment. While sending out PMs I found a lot of people can not recieve PMs, because they have elected not to. Not sure why anyone would belong to a forum and elect to disable communication with other members, but thats none of my business. I will contact them via email if I have one for them. Once I am done with this "push" I'm not going back to "the list" to try to track down the folks who didn't respond. So fair warning, please don't expect to contact me in six weeks, talkin' about I was number so an so on the list, when can I get my system? The answer will be Oct/Nov. I will simply continue filling deposit reservations until the fans run out. There will almost certainly be a few unfilled reservations that will shift to some of the folks expecting to wait until Oct/Nov for the fan shipment.
Thanks Again All
Jason

Old 07-29-2012, 01:11 PM
hog95023
Elite HDF Member
Received 161 Likes on 106 Posts

Thanks. Sent the form in.

Old 07-29-2012, 02:11 PM
MichaelCummings
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thermo switch...

Jason,

I know you stated you had ordered. When they come in are you going to crimp the quick disconnects on the leads or just send them out? Reason I ask is I want to make sure I can put the switch in the ground side as opposed to the B+ side in case there is some issue somewhere with wires melting on fins or such.

Thanks,

Thinking about it further I don't guess it matters if you crimp the connectors on as you could always flip the direction of current thru the switch depending if you chose to place the switch in the B+ or ground line.... DOH...

Last edited by MichaelCummings; 07-29-2012 at 02:17 PM. Reason: Further Thought....
Old 07-29-2012, 02:26 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by mike5511
OOPS! I didn't check this thread for awhile and apparently missed that......my bad! (it's hot up here, don't come now! LOL)
Yeah, don't think about coming down here either, although it isn't as hot as we've had in the past few summers. It's much wetter, though, raining almost every day. I wish I could send of the rain to those areas that really need it. Anyway, I wouldn't even think about making a trip anywhere in the summer and must live with short local rides that end by around noon. Maybe this fall I can find a group to ride back up to AR for a few days. It's by far the best riding area within a day's ride of here, and the route up isn't bad either.

My fans are still in the box! Hope to change that this week, but will probably be working 7 days a week for the next month so won't get a chance to check them out after getting them installed.
That sounds like employer abuse to me. I hope you're at least getting decent overtime pay.

Probably be to hot to ride much anyway........one more year to retirement and hopefully much more riding!!! ( I did sneak it out late one day last week for about a 40 mile little jaunt in the cool of the evening......man I've got a nice bike!!!!!)
In an ideal world I would channel the overtime to summer and winter period when it's too hot or cold to ride, then get some quality time off in fall and spring when you can really enjoy that beautiful country you live in. I doubt if reality is an "ideal world," however, with the luxury of tailoring the overtime as you would like it. Anyway, retirement isn't far off for you, so hang in there.

Last edited by iclick; 07-29-2012 at 02:52 PM.
Old 07-29-2012, 02:45 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by mrfikser
I am not saying that it allows the engine temps to rise to a dangerous level, as we all know that is not happening...But if there was a way for the engine to actually read the oil temps. as opposed to reading the head (metal) temps that it would be preferable...all in all I am very happy with your product and I believe the fans are removing a tremendous amount from the engine not only when sitting still but up to at least 40 mph...And on a side note I wonder if the fans were to be lowered so they blow (more) over the cylinders instead of the heads would they allow the EITMS to still enable while cooling the engine oil as it flows back down through the cylinders to the pan..
I'm not sure if the mission of EITMS is to reduce radiated heat on the rider and passenger's right leg or to actually reduce engine temps. I haven't had EITMS enabled long enough to decide, although the one time it did kick in this summer (pre-FCS) when I forced it to happen, ET seemed to climb more slowly when the rear cylinder was disabled.

I mentioned earlier that on my bike the FCS doesn't keep OT under the tight control as it does with CHT, I think largely because the head is just one section of the engine that the oil passes through. I have not seen 230° OT, generally the highest OT I experience, since installing FCS--but it will climb above the normal 200-205° in summer traffic and has gotten up to 225° or so a few times. What I've noticed is that once it gets up that high and I start moving again it recovers to normal much more quickly, apparently because reducing CHT by 30° or more provides a more friendly environment for recovery.

Old 07-29-2012, 06:32 PM
dbell66253
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

#122 here, and I can recieve PMs, but I will be watching my e-mail and even checking the Spam to make sure I don't miss out. I submitted my form, I want the plane Jane regular nothing fancy ones.

Old 07-29-2012, 09:48 PM
icufltrn
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I read all 85 pages and placed my order. I am one of those CVO guys so opted for the granite finish with stainless steel inserts. Looking forward to having the fan even though I realize it will be oct before I get it. I will order the the switch once those are available and The thermostat soon. Thanks for a solution to the high temps ( I drive in Boston rush hour and it will be nice not to have the eitms kicking in all the time).

Old 07-29-2012, 10:24 PM
hog95023
Elite HDF Member
Received 161 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by icufltrn
I read all 85 pages and placed my order. I am one of those CVO guys so opted for the granite finish with stainless steel inserts. Looking forward to having the fan even though I realize it will be oct before I get it. I will order the the switch once those are available and The thermostat soon. Thanks for a solution to the high temps ( I drive in Boston rush hour and it will be nice not to have the eitms kicking in all the time).
What switch are u referencing?

Quick Reply: Built the best engine cooling system...again