Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Built the best engine cooling system...again

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2012, 06:39 PM
Sam2010
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 217 Likes on 158 Posts

I re submitted registration.

Old 06-21-2012, 06:57 PM
WARDSPARTSWERKS
Banned
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Sam2010
I re submitted registration.
Excellent, thanks, the registry form works like a charm.

Old 06-21-2012, 07:10 PM
brandss
Road Captain
Received 21 Likes on 4 Posts

Jason,
I've been following this thread but impossible to keep up with all of the responses. First of all, congrats on your "new" business. You have a great product and have a great reputation in a short amount of time. I know you won't have time for this for quite a while but keep those of us in mind with Trumpet Horns or specialty horns. I wan't your product but want my Trumpet horn. Keep up the great work. Will continue to follow your success.

Old 06-21-2012, 07:19 PM
WARDSPARTSWERKS
Banned
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by brandss
Jason,
I've been following this thread but impossible to keep up with all of the responses. First of all, congrats on your "new" business. You have a great product and have a great reputation in a short amount of time. I know you won't have time for this for quite a while but keep those of us in mind with Trumpet Horns or specialty horns. I wan't your product but want my Trumpet horn. Keep up the great work. Will continue to follow your success.
A couple members have already found solutions to their specailty horns, I know its a pain but the posts are there if you look for them in this thread.

Old 06-21-2012, 09:14 PM
Chris in Utah
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just put about 350 miles on today. No issues with my Rivco horns and the fans worked great. Rode mostly on back highways, over mountain passes, some city/town driving...all seems well.

I just need to figure out how to connect the fans to my RKC accessory circuit!

Old 06-21-2012, 09:36 PM
Tx_Rider
Tourer
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Got mine in the mail today and couldnt resist installing it.

No issues, it was more work hooking up the leads to the battery than installing the fans.

Hooked up my laptop to the power commander, turned on the fans and fired it up. Took 15 mins or so to hit 224 Engine Temp, shut of fans, climbed to 285 and the EITMS kicked in, then at 295 I turned the fans back on and the temps started dropping, at 255 I shut it off.

I'm a believer.

Cant wait to ride tomorrow, temps should be in the high 90's.

Jason, great product and great service.

Geoff

Name:  IMG_1421.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  157.6 KB

Old 06-22-2012, 06:08 AM
Rickr01
Club Member
Received 89 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by WARDSPARTSWERKS
My registration page is now active. If you already submitted the online form, it did not populate in my email, and I apologize for the inconvenience, but you will need to resubmit it. I tested the form and it and it is fully functional now. Thanks to the generous effort of our Electrical Engineer member TXSailor, I will be expanding my warranty to 2 years for the original owner. He has conducted an “unofficial” assessment of the life expectancy of the electrical components in the system. The average life of the fans should be around 10,000 hours with some early failures at around 3000 hours. The Layman's translation is; 4 hours of fan runtime per day, every day, for 6.8 years on average, and 4 hours runtime per day for 2 years for the early failures. Of course there is always a possibility of a failure at any time, but this should give you a better idea about the life expectancy of your system. As mentioned before I am pursuing a custom fan configuration to include a higher thermal class rating, which would push the life expectancy well beyond what we have now. This project just keeps getting better, hell I’m even a little excited!
Is the registration page to register for warranty or to register to be on a purchase list? Thanks Jason

Old 06-22-2012, 06:19 AM
HDV-GLIDE
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

Probably not, but has anyone installed the fans on a bike that has the head bridge covers installed?

Old 06-22-2012, 06:34 AM
fabrik8r
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Rickr01
Is the registration page to register for warranty or to register to be on a purchase list? Thanks Jason
Ther online form is the warranty registration. The waiting list sign up is done via PM or email.
Jason

Old 06-22-2012, 06:57 AM
Rickr01
Club Member
Received 89 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by fabrik8r
Ther online form is the warranty registration. The waiting list sign up is done via PM or email.
Jason
Thanks, I guess I need to get on that! Although the way this thing is made, I'm not worried!

Quick Reply: Built the best engine cooling system...again