Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Built the best engine cooling system...again

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2012, 06:43 AM
Sandcrab
Stellar HDF Member
Received 392 Likes on 232 Posts
Default Snake bit

If it was a snake it would have bit you. Remove the seat, look just in front of battery, just to the rear of the tank. It's right on top but it will have a cap/plug in it so it looks like it is being used. It has three wires to the connector, pull some wires up that are tucked just aft of the tank and you will see it.

Old 06-01-2012, 10:00 AM
Rickr01
Club Member
Received 89 Likes on 73 Posts

Hi Jason,

I wanted to make sure that you received my payment? I inadvertantly forgot to put in any comments indicating that I was a forum member as you had requested. Payment was sent this morning.

Thanks,
Rick

Old 06-01-2012, 01:25 PM
Rickr01
Club Member
Received 89 Likes on 73 Posts
Default Tank Removal or not?

Did you folks who have already installed your fan have to remove the tank to run the wiring? I have not received mine yet so I don't know whats included to install it or even how long the wires are etc. I thought I'd prep up since they are calling for heavy rain for the next 5 or more days straight! I purchased the 4 ping Deutch pin componants to tie it into my accessory switch this morning. Just Wondering how you all ran your wiring? I'm assuming the tank needs to be removed? Thanks

Old 06-01-2012, 01:39 PM
WARDSPARTSWERKS
Banned
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Rickr01
Hi Jason,

I wanted to make sure that you received my payment? I inadvertantly forgot to put in any comments indicating that I was a forum member as you had requested. Payment was sent this morning.

Thanks,
Rick
I got you, I'm headed to the post office in a few minutes. You don't need to remove the tank unless you want to run the wires in the OEM conduit channel along the chasis backbone.
Jason

Old 06-01-2012, 01:57 PM
In2It
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello everyone,after a week of running my 08 Ultra with Jasons F.C.S and Marvs fan assisted Jagg oil cooler,I've got to say thanks guy's.First off my bike is a 08 Ultra pretty much stock as far as performance mods.I have a stock exhaust with RUSH mufflers and K&N filter element,no tune since one wasn't recommended for my set up.
When I bought my bike new friends would ask how I dealt with the heat of the motor,what heat I thought it was january here in El Paso,Texas if anything it was comfortable.As the weather warmed up around here I knew what they were talking about wow my left thigh was frying,but I figured gotta be normal after all its an air cooled Harley.I've been riding Harley's for 30 years and never experiance this kind of heat.So I went online and found this forum and started researching all the threads on the heat that people where experiencing.What an eye opener.Thats when I started reading Fabrik8r's posting on the subject and contacted him for his advice on what to do,or a direction to go.He turned me on to Jagg and suggested a parade fan.Did'nt know at the time he was working on a prototype at the time.So I went out and purchased a lenale parade fan and was still experiencing extreme heat 260+ in 80 degree weather around town riding.So then I purchased the fan assited Jagg oil cooler and Jason turned me on to his themostat that activates sooner than the Jagg.
My temps came down but not as much as I would like.So I added a Night rider Xieds to richen the fuel mixture up and see what that would do thanksto this forum.
When I took it for a test ride my temps where higher than ever according to my HD digital dip stick temp gauge and Jason had me check some stuff and suggested an in dash temp gauge.So I purchased a Marlin to match the stock gauges and a CHT sensor with toggle switch so I could see what the engine oil and rear CHT was doing.
Just after I installed that I recieved Jasons fan,perfect timing.Installed it wired it into the aux switch to make easier to turn off and on.Easy install.I finally got a chance yesterday to get out and see what it would do.92 degress out so lets see how this works around town.After about a half hour my oil temp read 180 and cht 190 pretty good I thought after an hour 200 oil temp and 215 cht and when I turned on the fan temps would actually come down wow the holy grail.Its suppose to be 100 degrees plus this weekend here and I'm confident the bike will run cool. I know this has been long winded but I had to tell everyone about my experience here on this forum.
Thanks all, Jason at WARDS PARTS WERKS and Marv at Jagg.

Old 06-01-2012, 02:37 PM
Sam2010
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 217 Likes on 158 Posts

10 street glide. I took tank off and ran wire in wire tray. The wire exits on the right side of the bike I followed the horn wires and hide my fan wire connections behind horn cover. I found the wire harness to be short but I am well stocked and have easy access to wiring supplies. I made up a new wire harness but used supplied fuse and connectors. I plugged into acc. Switch Useing the 2 wire plug found in kit part # 918843-97 I found plug under seat by tank towards right side of bike. Your mileage may vary.

Old 06-01-2012, 02:53 PM
Sam2010
Outstanding HDF Member

I was trying to quote Rickr01 post but my smart phone has a mind of its own. Ha ha.

Originally Posted by Sam2010
10 street glide. I took tank off and ran wire in wire tray. The wire exits on the right side of the bike I followed the horn wires and hide my fan wire connections behind horn cover. I found the wire harness to be short but I am well stocked and have easy access to wiring supplies. I made up a new wire harness but used supplied fuse and connectors. I plugged into acc. Switch Useing the 2 wire plug found in kit part # 918843-97 I found plug under seat by tank towards right side of bike. Your mileage may vary.

Old 06-01-2012, 04:00 PM
WARDSPARTSWERKS
Banned
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

In2It, Thanks for sharing your success story, glad I could be a part of it, and I'm glad the systems are working to your satisfaction.
Jason

Old 06-01-2012, 10:52 PM
rideon
Road Warrior
Received 111 Likes on 74 Posts

I got my fans and installed them tonite. I just snipped the orange wire off the acc plug that's infront of the battery (thanks to whoever it was that pointed me in the right direction) and soldered it on the power wire from the fans. I bolted the supplied ground to the ground stud on the frame by the battery and presto fans on with acc switch!

Anyone on the fence on these you will not be dissapointed, these are a real quality product. When I switched them on for the first time I could not believe how much air they move for such a small fan! Although I have not ridden the bike yet with them I have no doubt that they will help alot with cooling,

Thanks again Jason, you have come up with a brilliant design and a real quality product, much success to you!

Old 06-04-2012, 12:23 AM
Sam2010
Outstanding HDF Member

Definitely interested in the automation of the fans.

Run bike in traffic with ambient temps 61-68 air felt muggy and warm in traffic but felt really cool at speed 70ish. In traffic I played with the fan I turn it on one time at 255 and by the next stop light bike was at 230. I ran a long stretch at 40 mph around 2500 rpm bike was at 248 I turn fans on and it quickly went to 232. The fans definitely work while moving in the 40ish mph I did not use fans above 50 mph but did not test at 50mph I turn the fans on as I made turn into my neighborhood temp was 240 I go about 3-4 blocks to my house I pull up to garage let bike idle jump off open door pull bike in and bike is at 226. I did notice one guy do a double look at the fans while I was riding I bet he would of loved to ask questions.

Quick Reply: Built the best engine cooling system...again