Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Built the best engine cooling system...again

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2012, 03:37 PM
WARDSPARTSWERKS
Banned
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mrfikser
I just installed the fans on my road king and they look great....surprisingly loud, but not in a bad way, they just move a LOT of air...install went quite easy....the only thing that would have made it easier, and would have been nicer, is having a 4-5 black wire ties included and also having a printed copy of the install instructions from the website...all in all a great product ....
That's the kind of stuff I want to know. What size zip ties do you recommend? Is the harness length ok? I'll work on printed install instructions, I barely got them packaged on the website, the evening before guys started recieving thier orders. Thanks for the feedback.

Old 05-26-2012, 06:47 PM
skydude426
Club Member
Received 389 Likes on 225 Posts

Please put me on the list. I want one! Very interesting. Nice work!

Last edited by skydude426; 05-27-2012 at 01:23 AM.
Old 05-26-2012, 07:31 PM
TXSailor
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Jason - I Ordered one of your "low Temp" Thermostats to go with an HD Oil Cooler that I got from another Forum member. If says it shipped but no "Carrier" indicated. Can you confirm those tiny things go out via USPS 1st Class?

Also (and more to the point on this thread) - how do you ship the coolers out? Can't wait till I get mine!!!!!!!!!!! (even if it is a few batches away........) Summer has hit already in South Texas....

Dwight

Old 05-26-2012, 07:54 PM
TXSailor
Road Captain

If I can get access to the data bus message structure for the Harley's , I'll look into a logic decoder that you could just plug into the Data port to "control" the fans.

You could set it up so that the Fans come on automatically when your speed dropped below XX mph and/or the CHT is at least YYY degrees. You could even have them cycle off when the CHT dropped to ZZZ degrees. The logic is simple enough just need the decode the right messages on the Data bus.

Optional Accessory of course.......

D

Old 05-27-2012, 01:39 AM
fabrik8r
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by TXSailor
If I can get access to the data bus message structure for the Harley's , I'll look into a logic decoder that you could just plug into the Data port to "control" the fans.

You could set it up so that the Fans come on automatically when your speed dropped below XX mph and/or the CHT is at least YYY degrees. You could even have them cycle off when the CHT dropped to ZZZ degrees. The logic is simple enough just need the decode the right messages on the Data bus.

Optional Accessory of course.......

D
Another member is real close to having a solution for the auto switch, speed, temp, and time delay. I ship all of the tstats via USPS first class, PM me with some more info, I shipped several to TX but no "Dwight", was it ordered under another name?

Old 05-27-2012, 01:44 AM
fabrik8r
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by skydude426
Please put me on the list. I want one! Very interesting. Nice work!
#100, last one in batch 4.

Old 05-27-2012, 06:28 AM
Sam2010
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 217 Likes on 158 Posts

Suggestions. Simple pictures wire diagram to hook to battery and simple pics hooking to acc plug I am getting wiring PMs LoL I did need longer wire harness the fuse ended up in tray under tank. I think its to hard to make one size fits all and perhaps would consider extra wire length and user crimps on power hook up end. I have that kind of wiring stuff so its a non issue for me.

Old 05-27-2012, 08:51 AM
mrfikser
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by WARDSPARTSWERKS
That's the kind of stuff I want to know. What size zip ties do you recommend? Is the harness length ok? I'll work on printed install instructions, I barely got them packaged on the website, the evening before guys started recieving thier orders. Thanks for the feedback.

For my bike (11 flhrc) I ran the wires through a hole in the frame and then along the bottom of the frame under the gas tank...looks real clean...I used 6 black tie wraps about 6 inches long...the length of the wires was just about perfect and the fuse is under the seat, which works out good....

Last edited by mrfikser; 05-27-2012 at 08:53 AM.
Old 05-27-2012, 02:01 PM
TXSailor
Road Captain

Jason - The Tstat order probably shows my first name "Harold" which I do not go by but the world is a First Name , Last name culture.....

I am in "contact" with the other forum member re "automation" and we'll see what we can collectively or independently put together.

Best Wishes for Continued SUCCESS.

BTW - Long hours are obvious from the time stamp on the posts...... Keep in mind that if you make a million $$$ (or several) , you have to be alive to spend it. Take care of your health needs too.

D

Old 05-27-2012, 02:03 PM
TXSailor
Road Captain

FYI - I have obtained the message structure on the bus used by Harley (J1850) and the information is available form another group working on tuning, etc.

D

Quick Reply: Built the best engine cooling system...again