Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Built the best engine cooling system...again

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2012, 09:51 PM
WARDSPARTSWERKS
Banned
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DHubbs
Looks pretty straight forward to me. The only thing I can think of right now without seeing the system is, are the blades where the wiring connects to the FCS two different sizes? If not & they were hooked up backwards would the fans not turn backwards?
Male and female terminals are flip flopped on the POS/NEG, can't hook it up wrong. The fans have built in reverse polarity protection, they wont run at all hooked up backwards.

Old 05-22-2012, 10:43 PM
b17467
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by WARDSPARTSWERKS
I just put these install instructions together, I can refine them later based on the first users input but I wanted to have something availableto work from http://www.wardspartswerks.com/fcs-install.html, let me know if they need anything.
Looks good Jason, but usally you need to put things in the instructions about not sticking the wrench in your eye because that would be bad for you or not putting the hot wires in your mouth.
You need to protect your self

Old 05-23-2012, 06:34 AM
WARDSPARTSWERKS
Banned
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by b17467
Looks good Jason, but usally you need to put things in the instructions about not sticking the wrench in your eye because that would be bad for you or not putting the hot wires in your mouth.
You need to protect your self
Right on, I'll get my team of legal advisors and writing staff together for a group hug, lol.

Old 05-23-2012, 12:51 PM
DHubbs
Road Warrior
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Mail just came! Got the FCS! Holy Cow Jason! I cant say enough about the craftsmanship of these things! They look like they came from the MOCO! Will be installing them in a lil while & report back later. THANK YOU!

Old 05-23-2012, 01:29 PM
drewski1325
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad to hear the fellas are liking the product. Imma on the fence. I really liked the smaller prototype, not sure about the larger production model. Wonder if some of the guys would mind posting a couple of pic of what their bikes look like with them mounted. I know Jason has posted close up pics but I would like to see what they look like where the whole bike can be seen with the fans mounted. Thanks in advance.

Old 05-23-2012, 01:49 PM
Sam2010
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 217 Likes on 158 Posts

Wow fans just got here to be honest I thought people were posting a little premature not Not having put them on the bike yet. I see now why the early posts. I am Very Impressed with the Appearance of Quality. I may not get them on today I want to plug into The accessory switch And need to go get the plug The rest of the weekend I work But I decided to jump in on the early posts because they are impressive IMO.

Old 05-23-2012, 02:57 PM
In2It
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I started a new thread shoulda put it here.Well I recieved my FCS,cooling fans this morning.All I can say is this is truely a quailty product.Love them.I put them on easy install,had the lenale fan.Removed it and installed my stock horn back on since it has a 105 anniversary emblem on it to match the anniversary Ultra its on.Wired it into my acc dash switch to make it easier to get at to turn on.Wanted to take for a spin but the wind is gusting to 40mph here in EL Paso,Tx.It's 100 degrees out,wanted to put the fan through it paces.Soon enough long weekend ahead with more of this HEAT.
Take care all.Thanks Jason

Old 05-23-2012, 06:30 PM
DHubbs
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by drewski1325
Glad to hear the fellas are liking the product. Imma on the fence. I really liked the smaller prototype, not sure about the larger production model. Wonder if some of the guys would mind posting a couple of pic of what their bikes look like with them mounted. I know Jason has posted close up pics but I would like to see what they look like where the whole bike can be seen with the fans mounted. Thanks in advance.
Built the best engine cooling system...again-100_0539.jpg
There ya go

Old 05-23-2012, 06:58 PM
DHubbs
Road Warrior

Wanted to report on the install & how the FCS works. The install is very simple and easy. I went to a little more trouble than necessary mainly because I tend to be **** about wiring things on the bike. I removed the fuel tank & followed the OEM wiring to the injectors under the tank. Using ty-raps to keep everything together and neat I followed the OEM wiring harness to a plastic tray under the tank where all the original wiring runs through to the ECM. I noticed on the right side of the tray there is a trough & several fingers put there for some kind of wiring harness that my bike did not come with. I used this to hold the wiring for the FCS. It is wired directly to the battery for now. I will be changing that when I get the connector to move the wires to the accessory plug under the seat. The fans look sweet on there IMO. They are very subtle and clean looking. IMO if they had been chrome they would not look as good on there, strange for me to be saying that because I love chrome. I went for a short test ride this afternoon, about 60 miles. I have the Ultra Cool fan assist oil cooler on my bike. The temp. here today is in the mid 80,s. On this particular route I know my oil temp always reaches 225 to 230 degree. 230 is as high as it ever gets with the addition of the oil cooler. Today as I pulled back into the driveway my oil temp was below the 210 mark, aprox. 207 degree. That is very cool for my bike. I say the FCS works as advertised! I don't have a way of seeing CHT's or I would post them but I am confident they are quite a bit lower than without the fans or the oil temp would have been much higher. Great job Jason! Very nice product! Looks good, works great!

Old 05-23-2012, 07:52 PM
Eric in chicago
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just finished the install. If I had a stock horn it would have taken me 15mins to install. as you can see from the pics, I dont have a standard horn but a quick trip to ACE hardware and 6.00 later I had the parts I needed. Longer bolts and a couple of brass selves to push the horn out a bit from the mounting bracket. I hooked the system to the aux plug as I am sure I will forget to turn it off when I park, this way bike off, fans off... As I expected from my chats with Jason, this is a top notch product. One that I am sure will keep my little 120r cool this summer. Will get to test it this weekend on a 500 mi trip with expected temps in the 90's (and thunderstorms as well so we will get a rain test too!)
It is great to see an idea go to concept/production in what, 4 months? Great work Jason, my hats off to you!!!

Attached Thumbnails Built the best engine cooling system...again-engine-fan-1.jpg   Built the best engine cooling system...again-engine-fan-2.jpg   Built the best engine cooling system...again-engine-fan-3.jpg  

Quick Reply: Built the best engine cooling system...again