Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Built the best engine cooling system...again

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2012, 11:26 AM
HD Jim
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You best take plenty of time for your family !! We ain't going nowhere

Old 05-02-2012, 01:23 AM
nowski91381
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

That prototype looks perfect! I messaged you on here(sorry about that, didn't mean to clog the inbox), glad to be on the list though! Keep up the good work and def spend plenty of QT with the family! You've got a good following going and like HD Jim said, we aren't going anywhere!!!

Vet to Vet...thank you for your service!!!

Old 05-02-2012, 03:22 AM
mike5511
Elite HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Needle750
Aloha Jason,

Please add me to the list of "I want one!" It's not that hot here, the Trades are very nice cooling feature. BUT, the traffic really sucks and I have had to risk a ticket a time or two and do the Cali lane splitting move. I figure a ticket is cheaper than an engine anyway.

Mahalo,

Michael
Aloha! Just got home from a 10 day visit! First time in the 50th state. Stayed at the Hale Koa with daughter and almost Maj. son-in-law. I'd almost move.....retirement is less than 2 years away! Would like to check out the other islands before I planned a move though. Probably just a dream.........

frabrik8r...I think I'm already on the list....if not add me please, thanks...Mike

Old 05-02-2012, 05:22 AM
RBWIDE
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by fabrik8r
......Wife and baby girl just got home late last night after three weeks away, so I want to spend some time with them right now. Thanks again for your patience and support.
NOOOO!! We come first! Our bikes are dying a slow, heat related death out here!!! Just kidding, man. You obviously know what's most important! Also, as someone else said, vet to vet, thanks for your service. Former 2nd Bn, 3rd Inf. Division.

Old 05-02-2012, 07:15 AM
fabrik8r
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by mike5511
Aloha! Just got home from a 10 day visit! First time in the 50th state. Stayed at the Hale Koa with daughter and almost Maj. son-in-law. I'd almost move.....retirement is less than 2 years away! Would like to check out the other islands before I planned a move though. Probably just a dream.........

frabrik8r...I think I'm already on the list....if not add me please, thanks...Mike
Yeah Mike you got a low number, should be coming up soon, I'm still waiting on the powder coater for the first batch, gonna ride out and see him at lunch. Hale Koa is sweet, yeah. One of the nicest resorts on the Island, hard to believe it's military, I've had quite a few Sunday morning bloody mary's at the barefoot bar there.

Old 05-02-2012, 07:22 AM
dgdamore
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by rooti
why not richen the mixture, that will cool it down an easy 25 degrees?
Wow. Way to completely miss the point.

Old 05-02-2012, 08:14 AM
Malum
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Put me on the list please!

Old 05-03-2012, 07:50 PM
fabrik8r
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Well, still waiting on the powder coater, puttin' me behind the power curve. While I'm waiting I wanted some feedback about the wiring harness. I was thinking about adding disconnects close to the housing like on my prototype, just in case it needs to be removed for any reason, you won't have to wrestle the harness all the way back to the battery, just unplug it close to the housing. Kinda like the pic but it will be a lot neater, short pigtail, maybe 6", with fully insulated connectors. Would you prefer the harness unfinshed for the option to wire it your own way, or should I finish the harness from the battery to the fan pigtail, w/ fuse holder, ring terminals, insulated connectors at the fan side, all in a protective sheath?

I got a couple housings back from my friend who will probably be doing the powder coating from now on, took him 3 days to turn them around, and he only does it part time. Anyway I tried a set of slightly more powerful fans. They push the same CFM but they generate a little more pressure @ 2.19" the others are @ 1.44". I haven't been able to adequately assess them yet. So far, they spin faster at 13000 RPMs but they "spool" up rather slow compared to the others which are almost instant on, and they are quite a bit louder. Just put them on this morning and I havent been able to ride enough to see if they cool any better. I still think the mid power model is a better choice for less noise and power draw. Just wanted you to know what I was doing, not trying to set anybody up to upsell a more powerfull fan. I already bought the other fans in bulk, just trying this to see what these will do differently. So far not really digging them.

I got an extra day off this weekend so I'll either be assembling the first 25 or starting on the next 25 or 50. Sorry for the delay guys.

Attached Thumbnails Built the best engine cooling system...again-100_1308.jpg  
Old 05-03-2012, 08:11 PM
wachuko
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 72 Likes on 58 Posts

Needs to be long enough to allow to hide the connectors from sight, but not so long like, as you said, we have to undo wiring all the way to the battery...

Originally Posted by fabrik8r
Well, still waiting on the powder coater, puttin' me behind the power curve. While I'm waiting I wanted some feedback about the wiring harness. I was thinking about adding disconnects close to the housing like on my prototype, just in case it needs to be removed for any reason, you won't have to wrestle the harness all the way back to the battery, just unplug it close to the housing. Kinda like the pic but it will be a lot neater, short pigtail, maybe 6", with fully insulated connectors. Would you prefer the harness unfinshed for the option to wire it your own way, or should I finish the harness from the battery to the fan pigtail, w/ fuse holder, ring terminals, insulated connectors at the fan side, all in a protective sheath?

I got a couple housings back from my friend who will probably be doing the powder coating from now on, took him 3 days to turn them around, and he only does it part time. Anyway I tried a set of slightly more powerful fans. They push the same CFM but they generate a little more pressure @ 2.19" the others are @ 1.44". I haven't been able to adequately assess them yet. So far, they spin faster at 13000 RPMs but they "spool" up rather slow compared to the others which are almost instant on, and they are quite a bit louder. Just put them on this morning and I havent been able to ride enough to see if they cool any better. I still think the mid power model is a better choice for less noise and power draw. Just wanted you to know what I was doing, not trying to set anybody up to upsell a more powerfull fan. I already bought the other fans in bulk, just trying this to see what these will do differently. So far not really digging them.

I got an extra day off this weekend so I'll either be assembling the first 25 or starting on the next 25 or 50. Sorry for the delay guys.

Old 05-03-2012, 09:03 PM
dbell66253
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I agree with wachuko, also is it going to come with a fuse, or will it have a terminal to allow you to plug it into the fused ancillary output?

Quick Reply: Built the best engine cooling system...again