Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Built the best engine cooling system...again

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2012, 08:24 PM
HDV-GLIDE
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

This has never been discussed but will the fan housing fit with aftermarket horns like the Mini Beast? I'm talking about the mounting location on the bike. How thick is the section of billet that will attach the fan housings to the horn bolt? I'm covering all my bases.....

Old 04-24-2012, 01:35 AM
fabrik8r
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by HDV-GLIDE
This has never been discussed but will the fan housing fit with aftermarket horns like the Mini Beast? I'm talking about the mounting location on the bike. How thick is the section of billet that will attach the fan housings to the horn bolt? I'm covering all my bases.....
Don't know about all the possible aftermarket horn intereference issues. It's not a simple compatible bolt on with the kidney shaped mini beast, got one sitting on my shelf, and it won't work with Rivco/Howards air horns. I'm personally waiting for the stebel to mount behind the stock cover and remote mount the compressor. Can't have everything, where would you put it all.

Old 04-24-2012, 08:14 AM
Eric in chicago
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a Battistinis round horn cover with the stebel horn inside it, installed the compressor in front of the battery. Tight fit but it works. If anyone can fab something up, you can buddy!!! I think I am in the 1st batch, will have to send you pics of the horn mount to confirm your unit will fit with the horn.

Old 04-24-2012, 09:17 PM
indigofarm
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fabrik8r
Dropped off the first 25 yesterday, gonna be about 10 days at paint shop, still shooting to get them pushed out by 1st week of May. In the mean time I will be prepping all assembly components, and start machine work on the next 25. I just ordered parts from the CNC shop, about 2 weeks for the first run, but future assemble will be greatly accelerated. TedMan brought it to my attention that I need to incorporate a fuse, so I ordered the fuseholders last weekend also. Reservations are well into the third batch now, Thanks to all, soon as I get some money back from this first run, then I can really start to get things rolling.
Cool look forward to it

Old 04-24-2012, 10:36 PM
SEEGER
Advanced

Been following your progress, add me to the list, thanks

Old 04-24-2012, 11:42 PM
JohnCA58
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Put me down on that list also for my 120r.

Old 04-25-2012, 10:39 AM
shrice51
Novice

I'm new here.........what are the rules about contacting you other than this public forum? I can't PM or email you as it is now.

Steve-

Old 04-25-2012, 11:29 AM
Depdog
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Please add my to your list. I know it will fit cause I got a 2012 Street Glide the same color as yours.

Glenn

Old 04-25-2012, 11:31 AM
Depdog
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just a quick added thought, if I missed it please forgive me. Have you thought up a name for it yet? It's gotta have a name.

Glenn

Old 04-25-2012, 02:19 PM
fabrik8r
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Depdog
Just a quick added thought, if I missed it please forgive me. Have you thought up a name for it yet? It's gotta have a name.

Glenn
Excellent point, I've always been pretty good at comming up with names for my stuff, but this one alludes me, I'm kicking around a couple simple ideas, and I was going to open it up as sort of a contest to come up with the best name, but currently my standard member inbox won't handle the kind if traffic I would get from that, so please guys don't PM me with name suggestions just yet. We'll engage that shortly. BTW my brother wants to call them AIR JAX, but it just didn't really make my ears stand up, maybe I'm wrong.

Quick Reply: Built the best engine cooling system...again