Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Built the best engine cooling system...again

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2015, 01:07 PM
Texasblues
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Texasblues
I installed Wards Parts Werks cooling fans and low temperature thermostat (WPW160) this past Thursday on my 2011 RKC and then rode for about 300 miles. I gotta tell you that I'm extremely pleased with the products and the cooling effect this combination has on my bike. The fit/finish and attention to detail of the fans is exceptional. I think everybody should add these to their bike. It has been a pleasure dealing with Jason and I appreciate his patience in answering some of my simple questions. BTW, I recommend carrying several of Jason's business cards with you when riding. I pulled in Fort Worth Harley Davidson last Saturday morning and it took 30 minutes for me to get inside the store. The first 30 minutes were spent handing out business cards to six other riders and telling them about the fans... good stuff!
So I liked the fans so much that I installed on my RKC that I ordered some for my girlfriends 2010 Softail Deluxe and installed them yesterday. I noticed it takes her bike much longer to cool down than mine. I'm assuming this has to do with the difference in the way the two engines are designed... the air flow is much better in and around the heads on my bike than on her bike. Thanks again Jason for a great product!

Attached Thumbnails Built the best engine cooling system...again-20150823_154926_resized.jpg  
Old 08-25-2015, 10:18 PM
skypilot_one
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How long did it take you to get them?

Old 08-26-2015, 11:50 AM
Texasblues
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by skypilot_one
How long did it take you to get them?

Jason mails your order quickly. I received both my orders within 3-4 days of submitting the PayPal payment.

Old 08-26-2015, 11:57 AM
Udawg
HDF Community Team
Received 151 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by Texasblues
Jason mails your order quickly. I received both my orders within 3-4 days of submitting the PayPal payment.
But according to the web site, they are all on backorder right now.

Old 08-26-2015, 12:16 PM
Prime Rib
Elite HDF Member
Received 202 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by Udawg
I put my deposit down on my Wards Fans on Aug 11th. They are coming in the mail today, Aug 26th.

Old 08-26-2015, 07:08 PM
WARDSPARTSWERKS
Banned
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Udawg
The website also provides additional details regarding "backorder", currently published is 2-4 weeks delay from the time the deposit is made; I just updated the notice to todays date and changed the wording a little, but it still basically says the same thing as last month. Actually its closer to 2 weeks or less, but that's the best estimate I can give you. The last batch was finished early, and I believe the current batch is on track to be finished early. Unfortunately I can't guarantee a more specific date because it depends on several external factors that I can not influence. I appreciate your patience while I work through this shortage situation.
Jason

Old 08-26-2015, 07:52 PM
Udawg
HDF Community Team
Received 151 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by WARDSPARTSWERKS
The website also provides additional details regarding "backorder", currently published is 2-4 weeks delay from the time the deposit is made; I just updated the notice to todays date and changed the wording a little, but it still basically says the same thing as last month. Actually its closer to 2 weeks or less, but that's the best estimate I can give you. The last batch was finished early, and I believe the current batch is on track to be finished early. Unfortunately I can't guarantee a more specific date because it depends on several external factors that I can not influence. I appreciate your patience while I work through this shortage situation.
Jason
Thanks Jason, I guess I saw the Backordered and didn't read much further. I'm going to try to hold out for Chrome like my old ones. Should have never let them go with the bike.

Old 08-27-2015, 07:40 AM
skypilot_one
Road Captain

Ordered mine a couple days ago. Looking forward to running cooler! Tired of getting hard boiled eggs sitting in traffic.

Old 08-29-2015, 09:41 AM
skypilot_one
Road Captain

Got stuck in stop and go construction traffic last night and was wishing I had these fans!!!

Old 08-29-2015, 01:37 PM
wscott
Road Warrior
Received 137 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by skypilot_one
Got stuck in stop and go construction traffic last night and was wishing I had these fans!!!
====================

Just an FYI,the Jagg/wards type cooling fans do a good job of addressing heat from heads and upper cyls do a good job in that area.

But to properly / fully address the heat issues HD have you must also at the same time install an oil cooler with dual elec cooling fans like an Ultracool oil cooler along with the wards cooling which i did on my bike which reduces oil temp 50+ deg.

The wards fans alone cant reduce temp 50+ deg ,its both those cooling systems working collectively together at the same that reduced oil temp 50+ deg on my bike which the wards cooling fans cant do by themselves .

So dont expect more then the wards or for that matter jag type design cooling fan deisngs can deliver.

I say that because without also installing an oil cooler with elec cooling fans to address oil overheating (oil is also a significant part of cooling an HD motor!) in stopped traffic or in slow traffic your leaving a lot of additional cooling and comfort on the table to address the excessive heat generated sitting still in traffic or at slow speeds on a hot day.

Collectively working together as team those 2 cooling systems literally kick butt reducing oil temp 50+ deg on my 09 flhtcu which resulted in multiple positive improvements in engine perf & riding comfort right off the bat i already posted earlier in this thread.

Its a shame many people think the additional cooling isnt needed on the HD's when in reality it is and they are missing many yrs & miles of more comfortable riding and happier running motor too.

Scott

Scott

Quick Reply: Built the best engine cooling system...again