Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Built the best engine cooling system...again

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2013, 05:29 AM
djkolp
Road Captain
Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by fabrik8r
Good timing, I was on my way out the door, but I was able to get yours packaged and to the post office this evening, should be there Monday. Thanks.
You don't need a power source with a switch, the system has a manual switch built in, its pretty easy to acquire without looking, like finding a fuel petcock. Anyway, you just need a hot and a ground.
Outstanding customer service! I've never ordered something online, and then be notified 45 minutes later that it's been shipped. The built-in toggle is all I need. I've had both the Lenale Fan, and the 'Love Juggs' on my RKC, so I'm anxious to put your FCS's on my Ultra. Thanks!

DJK

Old 09-18-2013, 02:06 PM
1sweetglide08
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Mini Breast and Cooling Fans Fitment?

There's a Mini Breast horn for sale here on the Forum...Just wondering if it will fit with my cooling fans. Has anyone installed this combination yet?

Old 09-18-2013, 02:44 PM
WARDSPARTSWERKS
Banned
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 1sweetglide08
There's a Mini Breast horn for sale here on the Forum...Just wondering if it will fit with my cooling fans. Has anyone installed this combination yet?
They can be mounted together, but the additional requirements depend on which model MB. Either way you will need an enhanced mount to support the weight of both systems, but the newer XR MBs require some modification to the MB horn bracket mount bolts (not the OEM HD bracket). I haven't done it or seen it in person, just going off remarks from existing customers.

Old 09-18-2013, 03:59 PM
1sweetglide08
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by WARDSPARTSWERKS
They can be mounted together, but the additional requirements depend on which model MB. Either way you will need an enhanced mount to support the weight of both systems, but the newer XR MBs require some modification to the MB horn bracket mount bolts (not the OEM HD bracket). I haven't done it or seen it in person, just going off remarks from existing customers.
How would I get the required mounts?

Old 09-18-2013, 04:05 PM
WARDSPARTSWERKS
Banned
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 1sweetglide08
How would I get the required mounts?
Add "message to merchant" in Paypal, or email me after you place deposit to let me know you need the enhanced mount, I will add it to the balance invoice.

Old 09-18-2013, 04:33 PM
hanny
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

pretty cool idea,,,,,,, a lot of idea's brewing after seeing this thread.

Old 09-19-2013, 04:22 AM
djkolp
Road Captain
Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by FLHTK_2013
I am interested to hear that the Twin Cooled engines are still going into thumper mode at lights and therefore still benefit from the fan kit. Guess that is good news for Jason though . . .
Originally Posted by fabrik8r
I cant verify that yet. It will be a while before my local dealership has any 14s in the rental fleet. I'm going to get one for a week and hopefully answer some of these questions .
The EITMS on my 2014 Ultra activates faster than any of my previous Harleys. Never heard it engage on the other bikes. I ordered the fans on Friday night, and they were on my bike Monday afternoon! The fans work as advertised. No more embarrassing 'thump' when idling. The clearance between the fans and the cylinder heads are a perfect fit, with no vibration issues whatsoever.

DJK

Attached Thumbnails Built the best engine cooling system...again-photo-2-2.jpg   Built the best engine cooling system...again-photo-1-1.jpg  
Old 09-19-2013, 04:47 AM
Sam2010
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 217 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by FLHTK_2013
I am interested to hear that the Twin Cooled engines are still going into thumper mode at lights and therefore still benefit from the fan kit. Guess that is good news for Jason though . . .

Yes but they lowered the temperature range that they will go into the so called thumper mode. Any good tuner can change that temperature range.
But in fact its sparked the idea of lowering that temp range on air cooled bikes I am seeing it discussed in the tuner forums.

I think the fans are going to continue to be a nice addition with this version of Harley cooling system.

Old 09-19-2013, 07:37 AM
dbell66253
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by WARDSPARTSWERKS
I have a mini beast mounted on my bike with the fans. Jason I don't know if you remember, but you sold the mount to me, I believe we figured the horn housing is 6" in diameter and the fans would still fit. I have a picture that I will try to load later, but it does work, (at least for the series of horn I have).

Old 09-21-2013, 08:16 AM
fathog
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dbell66253
I have a mini beast mounted on my bike with the fans. Jason I don't know if you remember, but you sold the mount to me, I believe we figured the horn housing is 6" in diameter and the fans would still fit. I have a picture that I will try to load later, but it does work, (at least for the series of horn I have).
This is how mine came out. I drilled new holes in the cover to move it away from the fans approx. 1/4". No problems with the leg clearing the horn. Thanks Jason, your mount does the job perfectly.

Attached Thumbnails Built the best engine cooling system...again-m.b-and-fcs-002.jpg   Built the best engine cooling system...again-m.b-and-fcs-007.jpg   Built the best engine cooling system...again-m.b-and-fcs-012.jpg  

Quick Reply: Built the best engine cooling system...again