Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Built the best engine cooling system...again

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2013, 07:16 PM
djkolp
Road Captain
Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by fabrik8r
All powder finished are available as of yesterday, just haven't updated the website yet, chrome should be ready NLT 10 Oct, but I already have deposits for about half of this batch of chrome.
Thank you sir. I just received your invoice, and it's complete. I'm now looking forward to idling on both cylinders.

Regards,

DJK

Old 09-13-2013, 07:23 PM
djkolp
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Sam2010
My owners manual sais the acc. switch controls plug on left side of bike. I am now thinking on my 14 street glide one pre wired acc. switch blank is for plug on left and the other pre weird acc. blank is for extra lights on the front or fog lights etc. ????
Like you, I'm still waiting on my service manual, so I don't screw something up. My 2010 Ultra had the Acc plug under the seat, and was operated by a switch in the fairing. I looked quite extensively today for any capped plugs that might be operated by an accessory switch, and I couldn't find anything. Maybe someone with a 2014 touring manual will chime in.

DJK

Old 09-13-2013, 07:44 PM
fabrik8r
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by djkolp
Thank you sir. I just received your invoice, and it's complete. I'm now looking forward to idling on both cylinders.

Regards,

DJK
Good timing, I was on my way out the door, but I was able to get yours packaged and to the post office this evening, should be there Monday. Thanks.
You don't need a power source with a switch, the system has a manual switch built in, its pretty easy to acquire without looking, like finding a fuel petcock. Anyway, you just need a hot and a ground.

Old 09-13-2013, 08:23 PM
EC145Pilot
Cruiser
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Accessory Plug

Thanks EC145pilot. I will take your suggestion and use the battery tender plug for the fans. The top plug on the bottom of the left side cover is the Data Link Connector. The manual says the plug below that is the ABS diode pack? The siren plug is on top, and the other one is for the battery tender. Are you on the Embraer 145? I've been on the Airbus for the last 8 years.

Cheers,
DJK
Sorry about the mis-direction on the accessory plug. Wasn't thinking there would be a big difference in the Trike and the other touring models. Just traded for a 2014 Tri-Glide and it does not have ABS, but the new linked system.
Pictures are from the Tri-Glide owners manual, on location of accessory plug.
Guess I need to update my profile pics.
Not the Embraer (i wish), Eurocopter EC145.

Attached Thumbnails Built the best engine cooling system...again-accessory-switch-1.jpg   Built the best engine cooling system...again-accessory-switch-2.jpg  
Old 09-13-2013, 10:02 PM
FLHTK_2013
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jason,

Is there anything different on the 2014 Ultra Classic that would pose a problem installing your fans? Perhaps electrical plugs or other fitment issues? My '14' rear cylinder is shutting down at every stop. Thanks.

DJK
I am interested to hear that the Twin Cooled engines are still going into thumper mode at lights and therefore still benefit from the fan kit. Guess that is good news for Jason though . . .

Old 09-13-2013, 10:33 PM
fabrik8r
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by FLHTK_2013
I am interested to hear that the Twin Cooled engines are still going into thumper mode at lights and therefore still benefit from the fan kit. Guess that is good news for Jason though . . .
I cant verify that yet. It will be a while before my local dealership has any 14s in the rental fleet. I'm going to get one for a week and hopefully answer some of these questions .

Old 09-13-2013, 10:41 PM
Fathertime500
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just installed and tested fans on my 12' FLHTK in 100.0 degree heat. Very impressed with quality and ease of installation. Fans worked flawlessly and temp never went above 250. Nice to see head temps decrease the longer I waited at red lights (where is that mile long train now!). Bonus = The wife indicated her right leg is nice and cool now when fans are running. Headed to Bikes Blues and BBQ rally this weekend and planning on riding the parade, heat not on my mind anymore...Thank you, Thank you, Thank you Jason. FT

Old 09-14-2013, 02:11 AM
Sam2010
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 217 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by fabrik8r
Good timing, I was on my way out the door, but I was able to get yours packaged and to the post office this evening, should be there Monday. Thanks.
You don't need a power source with a switch, the system has a manual switch built in, its pretty easy to acquire without looking, like finding a fuel petcock. Anyway, you just need a hot and a ground.

True but I am thinking accessory plug because then I don't need to get all the way to battery and that's the way I was before. LoL

Old 09-14-2013, 02:13 AM
Sam2010
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 217 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by EC145Pilot
Sorry about the mis-direction on the accessory plug. Wasn't thinking there would be a big difference in the Trike and the other touring models. Just traded for a 2014 Tri-Glide and it does not have ABS, but the new linked system.

I have abs and linked brake and that's the same book I have. 14 street glide.

Old 09-14-2013, 05:14 AM
djkolp
Road Captain

Originally Posted by EC145Pilot
No misdirection on your part. You are correct, I was wrong. On the 2014's it is an accessory plug, on the 2012's it's a Data Link. I'm just hoping that this plug runs up to one of the blank switch slots in the fairing. Thanks for posting those pics!

DJK

Attached Thumbnails Built the best engine cooling system...again-photo.jpg  

Quick Reply: Built the best engine cooling system...again