Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Built the best engine cooling system...again

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2013, 06:56 AM
FLHTK_2013
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cooling Fans

Jason I have been using the fans on my Limited in 100 plus temps, city and highway, and they are really doing well. I have the thermostatic control installed and I have power to the fans at all times, plus VIED. The fans cycle on and off a few times at stops and after usually 2 or 3 times after turning the motor off.

I even had to verify that I had the engine temp management turned on - I have yet to go into thumper mode on my motor which I really appreciate, even at a long light, having experienced that with a rental. And after a long run, then stopping for a bite to eat, the motor seems to crank back up again real easy without that sluggish hot-start sensation.

With the fans and VIEDs installed I never get the feeling of extreme heat that I used to get and that is with the motor and exhaust otherwise stock. Maybe not scientific but seat of the pants it seems right on. So I am very very pleased overall. Super product!

Old 07-06-2013, 07:02 AM
HDV-GLIDE
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by wachuko
I am still extremely happy with mine.

Is your fuel tank raised??

Old 07-06-2013, 10:53 AM
WARDSPARTSWERKS
Banned
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Latest batch is complete, almost done shipping existing orders and there are only a few black systems left. Figured I would let the forum know before I publish the update on my website. Again not a pressurized sales pitch just an honest picture of supply and demand for this product. If you want one, don't hesitate, I could easily be sold out again within a day or so. Thanks all.

Old 07-06-2013, 11:24 AM
fjoh
Tourer
Received 72 Likes on 25 Posts

Hello,
I've read about your system n because I live in AZ and
Ride in the VERY hot weather, I'm interested in your BLACK one. Do you still have one available??
How do I order/ pay??
Looking forward to hearing from you
Thanks.

Hideo Yamamoto (fjoh, my screen ne here)

Originally Posted by WARDSPARTSWERKS
Latest batch is complete, almost done shipping existing orders and there are only a few black systems left. Figured I would let the forum know before I publish the update on my website. Again not a pressurized sales pitch just an honest picture of supply and demand for this product. If you want one, don't hesitate, I could easily be sold out again within a day or so. Thanks all.

Old 07-06-2013, 11:47 AM
Eric03Cobra
Intermediate

Jason,
I just placed an order this morning for a black on black.
Going to see what we can do to make them fit on the Breakout.
Looking forward to getting them!

BTW ... just completed reading all 142 pages of this thread. Really enjoyed reading the idea turning into a great business opportunity for you!

Old 07-06-2013, 11:55 AM
12hdrk
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by WARDSPARTSWERKS
...Hope everyone had a great 4th, don't forget why we celebrate, independence and freedom, as much as the rest of the world hates us, they still envy us. We are the shiznit.
Amen to that brother! Also, thanks again for a great product at a reasonable price. These fans are amazing! Riding today hot and humid. Long lights and never dumped into thumper mode.

Old 07-06-2013, 05:22 PM
2TallGlider
Intermediate

Recently installed the FCS with the thermal switch on an '09 Ultra with VIEDs and Reinhart slip-ons. Rode for a few hours in mid-ninety temps and the bike ran great...EITMS never kicked in, it didn't feel like it was loosing power due to the heat and the throttle response never lagged or felt slugish. Excellent craftmanship, service, and performance.... what more could you ask for? This is how Harley should have built these bikes. I'm one happy customer. Well done Jason!

Old 07-06-2013, 06:20 PM
Crusty369
Advanced
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Fans on Grasser build....

Just dropped my 06 WG oFf with Wolfgang Grasser in Baytown, Tx. Going 117, 11:1 comp, or thereabouts. 2 58mm throttle bodies, Woods 9b gear drive cams, S&S jugs, 4 3/8 S&S crank. Expecting 150 tq, 140+ Hp. Running your fans, oil cooler with 2 fans, and might add another oil cooler. Will keep u posted...Should be done mid August.

Old 07-06-2013, 07:07 PM
jfarrar30
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just put the fans on my 117 today. Temps pretty steady near 230 head temps. Impressive! I was pushing between 255-270 in the same conditions. Money well spent

Old 07-06-2013, 07:25 PM
WARDSPARTSWERKS
Banned
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by fjoh
Hello,
I've read about your system n because I live in AZ and
Ride in the VERY hot weather, I'm interested in your BLACK one. Do you still have one available??
How do I order/ pay??
Looking forward to hearing from you
Thanks.

Hideo Yamamoto (fjoh, my screen ne here)
Ride down to Peoria and pick up a set

Quick Reply: Built the best engine cooling system...again