Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Built the best engine cooling system...again

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2013, 07:42 AM
mrfikser
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by wayco
Hi Sailrider,
I've cut & pasted directly from Jasons web page-thats why I asked.
"The above pic is refined production version of my Patent Pending High Efficiency Dual Miniature Forced Convection System. You can see the micro toggle switch built into the housing facing rearward for easy one finger activation. The production version also does not include the automatic switching components incorporated in my prototype, the automatic switch I used is cost prohibitive, but instead uses a simple fused 2 wire direct to the battery hook up. I am working with an electronics developer to bring you an inexpensive automatic switch that can be added on later in conjunction with the manual toggle. As a part time endeavor and a new small scale start up, my operation will be a little slow getting started. Initially I built 25 sets per production run, my last run was 50 and the next will be 250. They're going fast, obviously faster than I can produce!"
there is nothing wrong with asking...Jason has finished the temp. sensor and the fans, from what you read, I believe if you keep reading on the website it goes on to describe the different options etc. that are available up to this point....i am sure Jason would have normally responded to your inquiry himself (on this page)..but he is off the air for a few days because he is moving cross country as we speak....so, if you have more questions you should consider waiting a few days and he will respond directly....as far as the products he offers, I can only say they are top shelf only to be out done by his service and knowledge of the issues...

Old 02-09-2013, 07:45 AM
Sailrider 1
Road Warrior
Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by WARDSPARTSWERKS
The clock is ticking down, There will be a slight delay in sevices and communication for a few days while I'm moving. I just posted the following notice on the website

Services will be delayed or interruped for a few days starting today, we are packing up the house and shop and will be on the road for a couple days. I should be able to resume services as early a Friday but no later than Sunday the 10th. I will have no internet connectivity starting tomorrow morning so I will resume processing orders and deposits just as soon as I get settled. I do have a good stockage of systems to get me through this transition, so you can order with confidence knowing your system will only be delayed slightly. Thanks for your patience and understanding.

The good news is I have enough systems on hand to cover any orders while we are in transition, and I'm picking up another 110 housings from paint before we roll this week. I'm really working to prevent any delays like I had in the recent past.
Jason
Wayco,

This forum is more updated than the website. You must have missed the above post from Jason. he is moving so that is probably why he has not responded to you. If you read the several hundred posts to this thread you will see that the thermostat situation was worked out months ago, regardless of what the website says. Like most one-man operations and any small business, the website takes a backseat to delivering products and great customer service when the demand for a product is as high as this one. I'm just trying to reassure you that he does have the thermostats, it does work as advertised, so just place your order and stop wondering if he has it worked out.

Old 02-10-2013, 12:19 AM
WARDSPARTSWERKS
Banned
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by wayco
Hi Jason,
I went to u r website and cannot work out if you have the automatic temp switch on/off sorted yet?
I notice that the new Jims Fan has what looks like a sort of thermistor on the rocker cover-is yours similar?
I noticed in the post you were having trouble getting that feature sorted.
In Australia,an Electronics Mob-Jaycar have a kit for turning on fans etc -high temp-pt no - kc 5376 - http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=KC5376.
I think it works off a standard type thermocouple possibly under spark plug.
Hope this may help.
Cheers Wayco
The website is a bit stale, and I will work on correcting it. Your qoute was from my initail release of the system, before I had an automatic switching solution, but now I do. I have shelved the speed based switch concept because I have improved the system to provide cooling up to highway speed, there is no longer a need to turn it off at any speed. BTW I did purchase a JAYCAR frequency switch kit but never used it because I found one from another manufacturer already assembled. My thermal switch is mounted to the head in close proximity to the OEM ET sensor, to accurately operate at a specific CHT(190F), not the rocker box temp, big difference.

Old 02-10-2013, 09:29 PM
rpking
Road Captain
Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

A question for the folks that have this system....Can you feel the heat blowing on your right leg when the fans are operating, if your stopped in traffic? I just have been wondering about it, I think it would be a great addition to my bike, coupled with the oil cooler thermostat temps would be reduced a great deal. Thanks

Old 02-10-2013, 09:59 PM
WARDSPARTSWERKS
Banned
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

The first leg of the journey was a bit challengeing, but I'm set up now temporarily while visiting home, I'm back to 24-48 turn around time, except chrome, but I should have those in about two weeks.

Old 02-10-2013, 10:11 PM
In2It
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rpking
A question for the folks that have this system....Can you feel the heat blowing on your right leg when the fans are operating, if your stopped in traffic? I just have been wondering about it, I think it would be a great addition to my bike, coupled with the oil cooler thermostat temps would be reduced a great deal. Thanks
There is slight amount of heat felt but nothing like what you feel with out the FCS also with the cool temps it nice to have alittle heat circulation. You can't go wrong buying this setup.

Old 02-11-2013, 11:56 PM
rsmith722
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy Bought one

I bought the one tri speed had advertised on 2/7 with thermostat. How difficult is the install for a guy with two left hands and no thumbs? It should be arriving this week.

Old 02-12-2013, 02:35 AM
1sweetglide08
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rsmith722
I bought the one tri speed had advertised on 2/7 with thermostat. How difficult is the install for a guy with two left hands and no thumbs? It should be arriving this week.
Not hard at all. On a scale 1-10 and 10 being difficult. I would say it's a 2.

Old 02-15-2013, 06:28 PM
ol'yeller
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just ordered

Jason, Just left you a deposit. I just wanted to say thank you very much for all of the work you have done making this cooling system. I have been lurking on this forum for almost a year now and finally joined up because of this thread. I will be looking forward to installing this set up on my '13 limited. I know you are just getting settled in and it will take a while so no rush. Thanks again

Old 02-16-2013, 09:19 PM
GaCoyote
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm planning doing this mod in the very near future.....

Quick Reply: Built the best engine cooling system...again