Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Built the best engine cooling system...again

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2012, 08:28 AM
WARDSPARTSWERKS
Banned
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 1sweetglide08
I started installing my FCS fans last night and I have one question. When installing the horn and fan should I use a washer and or put a nut on the back of the acorn screw?
The OEM washer is thick, dont use that one. There is one thin stainless washer in the hardware kit that cam with the FCS, use it under the acorn nut. The thin washer recovers the thread engagement lost by the thickness of the FCS housing. There should not be enough stud sticking out to get a regular nut and the OEM acorn nut back on the rubber isolator stud.

Old 12-27-2012, 10:08 AM
1sweetglide08
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by WARDSPARTSWERKS
The OEM washer is thick, dont use that one. There is one thin stainless washer in the hardware kit that cam with the FCS, use it under the acorn nut. The thin washer recovers the thread engagement lost by the thickness of the FCS housing. There should not be enough stud sticking out to get a regular nut and the OEM acorn nut back on the rubber isolator stud.
Thanks for all of your help. The FCS fan is a easy install and is a great looking product. Can't wait to get home today and finish the install. I tested the system last night and all worked fine the first time...just have to tuck and conceal the wires today. I'm sure I will be passing out all of your business cards when others start asking about the fans.

Old 12-29-2012, 01:20 PM
MarcV125
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Jason just placed my deposit with you also..Cant wait to receive it and test it out this summer!!..I was skeptical at first but after reading everyone's rave reviews i couldn't pass it up... Especially FatHog .. He couldn't stop gloating about it ..!! But anyways thx for the product and hope to receive it soon!

Marc

Old 12-29-2012, 01:46 PM
fathog
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MarcV125
Hey Jason just placed my deposit with you also..Cant wait to receive it and test it out this summer!!..I was skeptical at first but after reading everyone's rave reviews i couldn't pass it up... Especially FatHog .. He couldn't stop gloating about it ..!! But anyways thx for the product and hope to receive it soon!

Marc
Good move Marc, and after conversing with you I ordered the Hayden tensioner. Gotta shout out, LOVE THIS FORUM.

Old 12-29-2012, 02:17 PM
fathog
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Gloating

Originally Posted by MarcV125

Marc
I wouldn't say gloating unless I created it. More like can't shut up about it. When something like the FCS comes along and it's not very often, I can't help wanting to share the news with other riders. You'll see, your mouth won't stop running once you experience the FCS.

Old 12-29-2012, 02:36 PM
MarcV125
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fathog
Good move Marc, and after conversing with you I ordered the Hayden tensioner. Gotta shout out, LOVE THIS FORUM.
Absolutely +1 on that..! And good for you..you'll definitely notice a difference, and you wont need to replace your darn IPB at 14k lol..

I wouldn't say gloating unless I created it. More like can't shut up about it. When something like the FCS comes along and it's not very often, I can't help wanting to share the news with other riders. You'll see, your mouth won't stop running once you experience the FCS.
I hear ya!.. ill probably be doing the same thing this year when i get out with it!.. It really looks like a beautiful piece and definitely worthy of my hard earned money.

Old 12-29-2012, 06:14 PM
WARDSPARTSWERKS
Banned
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Marc got the next to last chrome set for a while. I got a bad batch of parts from the machine shop that all have to be remade. Real bummer ‘cause I got everything else ready to finish welding up about 200 housings, and it would only take me a few days. That combined with the upcoming relocation is going to set me back a while, but nothing like the fan fiasco earlier this year. I do have several of all the powder coated options available right now ready to ship. I shouldn’t have a big interruption with the painted models, but the turnaround time for the chrome will probably push them out 6-8 weeks from now, maybe more depending on when I get the do-over parts. Overall I think this first year went pretty well considering all the things working against me. Production is much quicker now, I think I've worked the "bugs" out, and I will be able to work it full time so I hope to get way ahead of my orders and maybe even start to entertain all of the dealer inquiries I have had so far. I'm still seeking to improve the system, but I intend to stay the course with my original plan of providing a high quality functional product at a reasonable price. I know I sound like a broken record but I am very grateful to all of the members who have supported me and took the chance on my "unproven" product. I'm proud to be the guy who actually builds every system that goes out the door, I personally handle each one numerous time before it is ready to ship, so if ever there is a problem I will gladly accept responsibility for it and I will make it right. I'm in this for the long haul, in the future I hope to bring you many more innovative solutions to the common character flaws we encounter with our beloved HDs, and I hope to do it for a very long time. Again a big thanks to all, and I wish everyone the best in the upcoming New Year.
Holler
Jason

Old 12-31-2012, 07:11 PM
Twinrider
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Happy New Year's, Jason, and all the best for 2013. Thanks again for the great product and customer service.

Old 01-04-2013, 03:43 AM
BrownSanta
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I installed mine last month and it has been working flawlessly. Awesome product, Great communications. Keep up the great work!!!

And have a great New Year!!!

Old 01-04-2013, 08:40 AM
Boomer1143
Road Master
Received 185 Likes on 139 Posts

I ordered my fans on Christmas day and had delivery on the 28th. Installed them on the 29th. Now if the weather would improve here in the Rockies I would go riding. The quality of the product is outstanding and they look great on the bike. The ability to keep the engine cooler and out of EITMS is priceless.

Al

Quick Reply: Built the best engine cooling system...again