Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Arnott air Ride or Not

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2011, 06:54 AM
l17ajp
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Arnott air Ride or Not

I have a 2005 Ultra and would like comments on the Arnott air ride system? I have back problems and was wondering if this system would help? Comments please good or bad. Am I wasting $1000.00. Thanks to all in advance.

Old 12-07-2011, 07:07 AM
lukemc7
Cruiser

I have the Arnott billstein set up on my 09 Road King and I absolutely love it. it is very comfortable and an improvement over stock. A friend has the Arnott Aldan set up on his V-Rod and He loves that set up as well.

Old 12-07-2011, 07:27 AM
131tman
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by l17ajp
I'd like comments on the Arnott air ride system. I have back problems & was wondering if this system would help? Am I wasting $1000?
Failure prone overpriced gimmick!
Shocks replaced due to leaking seals, control switch disintegrated, compressor mounting bracket broke, control valve failed

Last edited by 131tman; 02-04-2012 at 08:02 AM.
Old 12-07-2011, 07:47 AM
JJHOG
Road Captain

You might want to check out Ohlins. Howard is a sponsor to this Forum and you get a pretty good discount from him. He can custome tune your shocks to your weight, riding style and more importantly he works with you from installation to tuning the preload.

Here's the link to his website. http://motorcyclemetal.com/

I'm not trying to talk you out of the Arnott's, just giving you another alternative to using air as a spring.

Old 12-07-2011, 09:02 AM
Sgt Fury
Stage I

The stock air ride on my '98 FLHR was trashing my back. I put a Progressive heavy duty set of shocks on and what a difference they made!

Old 12-08-2011, 04:29 PM
Gijoey8
3rd Gear

I am looking at doing the same air ride on my 03 Road King . Hope to hear a little more about them before I decide between lowering shocks and air ride

Old 02-03-2012, 09:58 PM
Ed Gonzalez
Stage III
Default a

[quote=l17ajp;9117586]I have a 2005 Ultra and would like comments on the Arnott air ride system? I have back problems and was wondering if this system would help? Comments please good or bad. Am I wasting $1000.00. Thanks to all in advance.[/quote Make sure what you need its what you get ,and explain what kind bike you have , they sure know what you need for your ultra , we have cvo road glide ultra 2011 and we buy a arnott air ride suspension for are bike from a harley shop they order what we need and arnott send us for a street glide ,the shocks we get is 12 inches and what we suppost to get is 13 inches , we try very hard to contact with this people (arnott company ) and they keep and say the send us the right parts when they are wrong , the swimng arm hit so bad the frame and we explain to them about ,they never respond are cuestion, so if you want tyo spend 1000.00 make sure they send to you the right parts, because it will take so long to get back with them.

Old 02-03-2012, 10:09 PM
Ed Gonzalez
Stage III

my wife and I we have put on are bikes arnott air ride ,cvo screaming eagle V-rod 2006 and flhx street glide 2008 and we are very happy about use this shocks , last year we buy another bike cvo road glide ultra and we order from a Harley shop a set of air ride suspension and they send us a wrong part that was for street glide , we don't know a mechanic,work but we keep saying to the shop the swimng arm hit the frame and they dont even know about whats the problem , we went there last week to and find out on there book there have 12inch shocks and 13 inch shock , stock street glide uses 12 inch shocks and road glide uses13 shock we dont know since we read the arnott book we keep ask why that hit the frame,now we stock on a pair air ride can't work on a our bike ,the sales man wont respond are Emails and no one help us about this big problem we have , hope this company take care are problem>

Old 02-04-2012, 07:03 AM
Heathen
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had Arnotts on my 04, it was a good system and customer service was top notch. I then tried the home made system found on this forum and found the ride even better.

Old 02-04-2012, 07:43 AM
BadX
Elite HDF Member
Received 91 Likes on 50 Posts

I had Arnott air ride on my 06 Street Glide and solo the ride was a bit stiff and you had to find the sweet spot for the air pressure. Two up it was awesome

Quick Reply: Arnott air Ride or Not