Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gerbings Heated Gear Adaptor

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2011, 10:11 AM
FBFletch
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Krow
Why complicate it with adapters? I left my tender pigtail where it was and ran my Gerbing one separately direct from the battery. Simple.
Another +1.

I have both also. Battery tender pigtail comes out from under one side of the seat. Gerbing harness is run underneath the tank and come out up near the handlebars where I mount my controller.

The advantage to having both is that you can charge other accessories with the battery tender pigtail while still riding with your heated gear. And, you don't have to pay for another adapter.

BTW, for anyone who thinks Gerbing has it all figured out, you apparently haven't followed the thread about hot spots in their heated gear caused by problems with their connectors.

Last edited by FBFletch; 12-07-2011 at 10:13 AM.
Old 12-08-2011, 06:56 AM
Sandcrab
Stellar HDF Member
Received 389 Likes on 230 Posts

Originally Posted by FBFletch
.....BTW, for anyone who thinks Gerbing has it all figured out, you apparently haven't followed the thread about hot spots in their heated gear caused by problems with their connectors.
I guess I missed that one, can you enlighten us?

Old 12-08-2011, 09:04 AM
FBFletch
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Sandcrab
I guess I missed that one, can you enlighten us?
Yep. This is the thread:

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/gener...ngs-liner.html

You have to read down through a lot of the thread to get the actual fix but the problem is with the center pin. The gist of it is that the connectors use a split pin and the two halves can get pushed together where the center pin isn't making good contact with the other half of the connector resulting in hot spots. At first I thought that might be the problem I was experiencing with a hot spot in my glove liners but apparently it's something else.

Old 12-12-2011, 04:12 PM
cchawg
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jim in Renton, WA, is right on target! Why would anyone create one more hazard on their bike to avoid buying a $20 wire? There IS a reason Gerbing says don't do it!