Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Max 2 Mufflers on Ebay

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2006, 11:33 AM
cjprm
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Max 2 Mufflers on Ebay

I just bought a left over 2006 Road King FLHRI and want to get some nice sounding mufflers. I’m thinking of going with the Max 2 mufflers that B&E (bobvic2 on Ebay) sells. I like to look of the stock muffler but just want better sound. bobvic2 states on his Ebay add that “With these two (Max 1 and Max 2) mufflers you won’t have to recalibrate fuel or air mixtures with carb or fuel injected models”. So I don’t plan on doing anything else to the bike. Are any of you guys running the Max 2 mufflers? Did you do anything else? Was there a need to get a PCIII or anything else to get your bike to run right with these mufflers? How’s the sound? Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks

Old 12-05-2006, 12:04 PM
CNC WHEEL GUY
Road Warrior
Default RE: Max 2 Mufflers on Ebay

I run the B&E superflows. I sold my V&H Ovals for them and am glad I did it. Sound much better IMO.

I would get the Superflows over the Max 1 or 2. The Superflows give an awesome deep rumble at idle and will bark loud if you rev the bike hard.

Do a search in the forum for Superflows and read others posting.

I would also recommend getting a PCIII with them. the stock '06's run lean as they are. I am running a map for Rush mufflers and it seems to be fine, until I get it dynoed.

Denis

Old 12-05-2006, 12:28 PM
gunrunner
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: denispetit

I run the B&E superflows. I sold my V&H Ovals for them and am glad I did it. Sound much better IMO.

I would get the Superflows over the Max 1 or 2. The Superflows give an awesome deep rumble at idle and will bark loud if you rev the bike hard.

Do a search in the forum for Superflows and read others posting.

I would also recommend getting a PCIII with them. the stock '06's run lean as they are. I am running a map for Rush mufflers and it seems to be fine, until I get it dynoed.

Denis
Those must be majic mufflers, cause after owning many sets of pipes, nothing beats vance and hines ovals. LOL

Old 12-05-2006, 12:34 PM
TRMRC
Cruiser

No, You do not have to change anything. As stated above the 06's run hot & anything extra you do will help, but bottom line you do NOT have to add anything, I am in the same boat, All I can afford at this time is the Superflows, I put them on & the bike runs strong & they sound great. Bobvic is a good guy to deal with too.

Old 12-05-2006, 01:01 PM
rdam
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 36 Likes on 23 Posts

Look at www.rollingthunderpipes.com

I have these for over 13,000 miles now. Budget priced, sound good and quality chrome.

I think you almost have to get a free breathing air cleaner, SE or equivilent. It's an easy install and helps the bike breath, run, sound better. I have a stage I download, but would recommend a V&H FuelPak or Power Commander III instead. My understanding is if you change mufflers, you change the backpressure, and therefore, you should change the fuel/air ratio for proper performance.

Don't all the 06's have catalytic converters? If so, there will be a BIG change when thats gone, and the re-tune is definitely needed.

Old 12-05-2006, 01:18 PM
Budz
Tourer

ORIGINAL: gunrunner

Those must be majic mufflers, cause after owning many sets of pipes, nothing beats vance and hines ovals. LOL
BUT, have you run the Superflows or Max 1/2 mufflers? LOL

Old 12-05-2006, 05:27 PM
VBRKCUSTOM
6th Gear

I have owned the supper flows for 1500 miles & own a 2006 RK Custom, the sound gets better after 500-800 miles.Had some backfire after install .Got the PCIII & it took care of BFire with too much fuel at lower RPM.Took off PCIII & installed new clamps on Supper Flows & no more Bfire.Clamps are one use only.Hooked up PCIII & installed a map for a 2006 with stock exhaust & ECM & stage I A/C,bike runs great.Sounds like it should.Get the slach cut for stock looks.Best $4$ I've spent.

Old 12-05-2006, 09:03 PM
WJL7110
Intermediate

I have them on my 05 Ultra. Did nothing else to the bike but the Max IIs. Sounds good and runs better than stock.

Old 12-05-2006, 09:06 PM
WJL7110
Intermediate

I have them on my 05 Ultra. Did nothing else to the bike but the Max IIs. Sounds good and runs better than stock.

Old 12-05-2006, 10:38 PM
rideon
Road Warrior
Received 111 Likes on 74 Posts

I had a set of the b&e superflows with 1.75 baffles and thought they were the worst tinniest sounding mufflers I had ever heard. If you don't want to spend much cash and have nice base sound wild pigs are tough to beat. V&H ovals are another good one that won't blue and won't deafen you either.

Quick Reply: Max 2 Mufflers on Ebay