Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RED SLED Parts Reviews

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2011 | 06:51 PM
stupid_rope
|
Elite HDF Member
Default RED SLED Parts Reviews

For anyone with questions, here's what I got and what I/the painter think of them.

Yaffe: racing levers - these things are freakin sweet. love the short, light feel and the point with no ball on the ends
Chupa rear fender and Wedgy lights - fender is 1/2" thick at the top. strong, looks great. stretched deep, looks awesome with the bags. Painter had some issues with it, but it wasnt as bad as the tank
stretched tank - beautiful lines, LOVE the steel dash (instead of ABS). but the finishing was a nightmare. the curved edge (rear, where seat slide under) was so bad from Yaffe, it took a full day - grinding, skim coat, sanding, repeat.
12" Monkey bars - 2nd most comfy bars i've ever had (Best - Carlini)
Yafterburner latches and ignition cover - heavy, solid, good quality
Thicky front fender - good, solid thick steel. finished like any other bare metal product
Wedgy lights - very bright, i like them. really look awesome sweeping up from the pipes

Attached Thumbnails RED SLED Parts Reviews-img_20111203_140100.jpg  

Last edited by stupid_rope; 12-05-2011 at 07:16 PM.
Old 12-05-2011 | 06:56 PM
Sledge Hammer
Cruiser

Very Nice.

Old 12-05-2011 | 06:59 PM
stupid_rope
|
Elite HDF Member
Default More...

PM Stealth brake/shift levers - finish is great, like all PM parts. love how they work with the Contour floorboards

Top Shop GenII bags - look awesome, especially painted. the line in the bags flows perfectly with the line in the side covers

Cycle Sounds Lids - look good. fit isnt' as firm as stock. lids are able to be pulled open with moderate force. we'll see how they are if they leak

Medallion Instruments Bagger Gauges - love these things. work well, like the gear display, the color matches my paint. oil temp gauge is great. the menu has a ton of items including a simple code reader. mostly plug and play.

Old 12-05-2011 | 07:02 PM
davidw221
Supporter

where did you purchase the gauge inserts? and how much, they would look good on my red scooter

Old 12-05-2011 | 07:09 PM
stupid_rope
|
Elite HDF Member
Default Sound System, grips, pipes, seat

Rockford Fosgate amp and Punch speakers (6.5 & 6x9) - this system sounds AMAZING. i'm also realistic about motorcycle audio. i can hear it loud and clear at 80, and it shakes the ground sitting still

Alpine iDA-305S - head unit kicks ***, especially for $350. Tons of features, plays my flash drive (which is mounted under my seat for easy access)
Mine is red buttons and display

4" Rineharts - coupled with my V&H Power Duals, these pipes are by far my favorite of all time. deep, loud on the throttle, not bad on the hwy

LePera Silhouette - seat is firm but comfy. Very well built, beautiful seat pan. Sits me down and back 1-1.5"

Roland Sands Design Tracker grips - best grips ive ever had, hands down. short, comfy, super grippy

Old 12-05-2011 | 07:14 PM
stupid_rope
|
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by davidw221
where did you purchase the gauge inserts? and how much, they would look good on my red scooter
Unfortunately, they're not inserts, they're a full gauge set. If that's what you mean, talk to Dr Vtwin. They're $749.99 on JP Cycles.

The Doc might be able to beat it

Old 12-05-2011 | 07:17 PM
10Seconds
Cruiser

Thanks for posting, its very helpful.

And I totally agree on Yaffe's stretched tank. I got in my Yaffe tank and was like WTF, this is really how rough this comes? Its a very nice piece in style, just wish they would have done a bit of work finishing it so I don't have to for the money we spend on this stuff.

Old 12-05-2011 | 07:28 PM
StreetKing
Tourer

Wow very nice lookin scoot, I don't think you missed a thing.

Old 12-05-2011 | 07:37 PM
Kesean
Stellar HDF Member

Looking good!

Old 12-05-2011 | 08:14 PM
thenewrage
Road Captain

Yea its sweet man. I too have the rsd grips. I wouldn't settle for anything else. Im thinking on the alloy art product, will see what drvtwin cams do for a price. What did u pay for it ? Did you get ur bike running right yet ?

Quick Reply: RED SLED Parts Reviews