Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RED SLED Parts Reviews

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2011 | 08:30 PM
stupid_rope
|
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by 10Seconds
Thanks for posting, its very helpful.

And I totally agree on Yaffe's stretched tank. I got in my Yaffe tank and was like WTF, this is really how rough this comes? Its a very nice piece in style, just wish they would have done a bit of work finishing it so I don't have to for the money we spend on this stuff.
Yep, $750 for a tank that needs 5 hours of body work is bullshit.

Originally Posted by thenewrage
Yea its sweet man. I too have the rsd grips. I wouldn't settle for anything else. Im thinking on the alloy art product, will see what drvtwin cams do for a price. What did u pay for it ? Did you get ur bike running right yet ?
The turn sigs are sick, paid like 180 i think. I drilled a small hole behind the light unit and ran the wire so its invisible. (Stock photo from AA)

In the photo of my bike below, you'll see that the shop ran the wires around the outside because they suck and don't have an eye for custom work.

Attached Thumbnails RED SLED Parts Reviews-img_20111203_133150.jpg  

Last edited by stupid_rope; 12-05-2011 at 08:32 PM.
Old 12-05-2011 | 09:33 PM
thenewrage
Road Captain

The turn sigs are sick, paid like 180 i think. I drilled a small hole behind the light unit and ran the wire so its invisible. (Stock photo from AA)

In the photo of my bike below, you'll see that the shop ran the wires around the outside because they suck and don't have an eye for custom work.[/QUOTE]

They must really be idiots. Thanks for the heads up on drilling the hole. I'll be ordering them. Thanks

Old 12-06-2011 | 06:09 AM
stupid_rope
|
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by thenewrage
They must really be idiots. Thanks for the heads up on drilling the hole. I'll be ordering them. Thanks
No problem brother, good luck. Let me know if you have install questions.

Old 12-06-2011 | 08:57 PM
stupid_rope
|
Elite HDF Member
Default Shocks

Ok, so J&P sells some shocks that are made by Progressive and look exactly like the 412s.

So, for $180 I figured i'd give them a shot. So far so good. I'm playing with the preload setting, but they are firm. 11.5" chrome shock. No nasty rebound, firm but controlled response to bumps.

Give them a shot. For the money, they can't be beat.

Check them out here

Old 12-06-2011 | 09:25 PM
JIMSFBL
Outstanding HDF Member

Very well done! Bike is very well thought out, I think you nailed it bro!

Old 12-07-2011 | 08:53 AM
Badbag166
6th Gear

With the alpine head unit. How will it hold up with the Weather? Like water,rain, and wind. Is it waterproof? And can u still retain stock audio controls on handlebars? Also what issuses did you have with the rear fender? Fitment? Was looking at getting similar setup. Awesome Bike.

Old 12-07-2011 | 10:18 AM
slothy
Road Warrior

ya the yaffe tank body work needed was a a bit more then i would expect for a 650.00 tank. my buddy just got one, and his looks even worst than mine was.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited by slothy; 12-07-2011 at 10:21 AM.
Old 12-07-2011 | 04:21 PM
pit1600
Outstanding HDF Member

thanks for sharing, nice parts and good taste

Old 12-07-2011 | 04:50 PM
stupid_rope
|
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by JIMSFBL
Very well done! Bike is very well thought out, I think you nailed it bro!
Thank you

Originally Posted by Badbag166
With the alpine head unit. How will it hold up with the Weather? Like water,rain, and wind. Is it waterproof? And can u still retain stock audio controls on handlebars? Also what issuses did you have with the rear fender? Fitment? Was looking at getting similar setup. Awesome Bike.
It will not hold up to any weather, but Biketronics sells a splash guard, which is on order. With Biketronics retro kit, you can retain your handlebar controls. Just pick a head unit that says it accepts steering wheel controls.

Rear fender is a challenge. You have to have some experience with a wrench. For example, you have to mock everything up, mark your holes, and drill them.

Old 12-07-2011 | 05:33 PM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member

You should be proud.........very nice.

Quick Reply: RED SLED Parts Reviews