Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gutting Cats - the real facts

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 02:25 PM
Sporty 66
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by '05Train
If you say so. Clearly you don't understand how fuel injection works, or you'd understand that XIEDs do nothing for your bike other than fooling your ECM to inconsistently lower the AFR across part of the map. Companies like NightRider make a ton of money feeding off of low-hanging fruit like yourself.

Like I said, I don't have any skin in this game at all. I make no money on any tuning device you may or may not buy, nor do I care whether or not you believe me. You can take the time to educate
yourself (try HTT), or you can follow the herd and throw your money away on snake oil. Your choice, doesn't effect me.
Your a legend in your own mind. What a tool. There are hundreds of testimonials on this forum from members that say the Xied's work. I understand that. Why do you have to be so critical, just say you would rather do something else. Are you jealous of Mr Mullen.

Old 04-02-2012, 03:54 PM
SOSG
Novice

Originally Posted by Sporty 66
Your a legend in your own mind. What a tool. There are hundreds of testimonials on this forum from members that say the Xied's work. I understand that. Why do you have to be so critical, just say you would rather do something else. Are you jealous of Mr Mullen.
No dog in the fight but, if you could plug your ECM into a computer and read what the Xied's are doing, you'll see his point. Do they work? In a short answer, yes. Can you kill an ant with a sledgehammer? Yes, but there are much more intelligent and better ways to do so which save you the time and effort...

Old 04-02-2012, 04:29 PM
Ronp42
Account Retired
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by SOSG
No dog in the fight but, if you could plug your ECM into a computer and read what the Xied's are doing, you'll see his point. Do they work? In a short answer, yes. Can you kill an ant with a sledgehammer? Yes, but there are much more intelligent and better ways to do so which save you the time and effort...
Yes, there are better way's to do it but it cost a lot more. Nobody has said that Xied's are a Tuner. I've been running them on Three different touring bikes since 09. I've got 25K miles on the 2010 RK in my sig pic with not one problem running Steve Mullen's FL-XIED-10's. My wife ran them for 22K on her 2010 SG Trike, and now has 8K on her 2012 Triglide. All bikes Stage 1 A/C and slipon's. Bike's run great! No codes! No Pinging! No decel popping, just flat out run good. I did a lot of research before buying them the first time. I saw the test Niterider did and talked to some People who had already bought and run the Xied's. I'm satisfied with them. So are a lot of other forum member's. In fact, this forum only makes up a small number of Steve's rather large number of satisfied customer's.

Old 04-02-2012, 04:38 PM
SOSG
Novice

Originally Posted by Ronp42
Yes, there are better way's to do it but it cost a lot more. Nobody has said that Xied's are a Tuner. I've been running them on Three different touring bikes since 09. I've got 25K miles on the 2010 RK in my sig pic with not one problem running Steve Mullen's FL-XIED-10's. My wife ran them for 22K on her 2010 SG Trike, and now has 8K on her 2012 Triglide. All bikes Stage 1 A/C and slipon's. Bike's run great! No codes! No Pinging! No decel popping, just flat out run good. I did a lot of research before buying them the first time. I saw the test Niterider did and talked to some People who had already bought and run the Xied's. I'm satisfied with them. So are a lot of other forum member's. In fact, this forum only makes up a small number of Steve's rather large number of satisfied customer's.
No knocking the product at all. I actually agree with you. I'm sure it works in getting the bike to run without serious issues.

The difference is in the details. "Rider Joe" wants a bike that runs smooth with zero codes after a stage 1 upgrade, Xieds could be the perfect solution. "Rider Jeff" wants his bike at its peak performance after an identical upgrade, the Xieds are not the perfect solution. Apples to apples? Not quite.

Old 04-02-2012, 04:47 PM
Ronp42
Account Retired

Originally Posted by '05Train
15 years of tuning fuel injected Fords, 5 years of tuning fuel injected Harleys, and a basic understanding of how fuel injection works. He shills a product, I have nothing to lose or gain based on what tuning device anyone uses.

If you believe that a $3 worth of wires and resistors packaged and sold for $100 will make your bike run as well as an actual tuner, then by all means use it.
What's the deal here mr ego? If you have nothing to gain or lose, why are you still here trying to discredit this guy's product. He's not shilling this product, he himself engineered,tested, built and marketed this item. They are not tuner's!!! They are designed to enrich the lean closed loop. They were tested and retested to make sure they would not hurt the Catalytic convertor's in headpipe's. They cost more than a few dollars to build, plus he has all the testing cost as well.

Here you are calling People that buy them low hanging fruit? Your a real piece of work!!! Give it up!!

Old 04-02-2012, 04:58 PM
Ronp42
Account Retired

Originally Posted by SOSG
No knocking the product at all. I actually agree with you. I'm sure it works in getting the bike to run without serious issues.

The difference is in the details. "Rider Joe" wants a bike that runs smooth with zero codes after a stage 1 upgrade, Xieds could be the perfect solution. "Rider Jeff" wants his bike at its peak performance after an identical upgrade, the Xieds are not the perfect solution. Apples to apples? Not quite.
Thanks, you have explained it very accurate.

Old 04-02-2012, 06:20 PM
Sporty 66
Cruiser

Not everyone wants to spend 300- 800 dollars on a tuner and then same amount trying to get it dialed in.

Old 04-02-2012, 06:52 PM
Ronp42
Account Retired

Originally Posted by Sporty 66
Not everyone wants to spend 300- 800 dollars on a tuner and then same amount trying to get it dialed in.
Absolutely, read all the post about all the money spent and some still having problems getting the Tuner's right. I'm not putting tuner's down or anybody using them. If I were to do a big bore with cams, I would invest in a TTS or a Thundermax Tuner.

Old 04-02-2012, 08:11 PM
Sporty 66
Cruiser

Old 04-02-2012, 08:15 PM
Sporty 66
Cruiser

Duplicate

Quick Reply: Gutting Cats - the real facts