Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gutting Cats - the real facts

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2011, 08:13 PM
Ronp42
Account Retired
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Sorry, I didn't copy the entire document. His name is Steve Mullen. If you want to see some of his credentials look in an earlier thread. I called him and asked if he would like to read this thread and give his opinion. He sent me this response and said I could pass it along to forum member's. I only did so for people like myself who don't want to modify our bikes beyond stage 1 or people that don't want to change a thing, but add a little more fuel to the closed loop to cool it some. For someone to come on and say Xied's don't do a thing is BS. IMO

Old 12-13-2011, 08:35 PM
'05Train
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 883 Likes on 439 Posts

Steve Mullen has postings all over Nightrider's website, he's an employee. He's shown up on other websites shilling their products as well.

Thanks for playing though, we have some lovely parting gifts for you.

Old 12-13-2011, 08:36 PM
KCFLHRC
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,301 Likes on 781 Posts

Originally Posted by Keithhu
Its winter up here in Michigan, so I'd say you are spot on.
Winter here too, well kinda. 60 tomorrow with rain in Kansas, kinda of a weird winter so far. Cold, then warm, then cold again. Cant make up it's mind.

Old 12-13-2011, 09:33 PM
Ronp42
Account Retired
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by '05Train
Steve Mullen has postings all over Nightrider's website, he's an employee. He's shown up on other websites shilling their products as well.

Thanks for playing though, we have some lovely parting gifts for you.
Are you saying Steve Mullen is giving fraudulent information about other people's product's? obviously you don't know the man. I know you don't know a fn thing about his product's. AND, You know what you can do with your parting gift's!!!!!

Old 12-13-2011, 09:45 PM
KCFLHRC
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,301 Likes on 781 Posts

Wow, winter crankyness is setting in already. Get a hobby instead if the internet

Old 12-13-2011, 09:53 PM
mtclassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

read my post 96 LOL. Steven Mullen is not an employee he owns the company that sells xieds.

Old 12-13-2011, 11:11 PM
dan conner
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

after talking to steve mullen, i feel that his product will be helpful in cooling down the engine a few degrees. i am also removing the cats to get some heat off the rider and passengers' legs. going to add a lanale fan next spring. not expecting any performance increase---just trying to make the heat in south texas a little more bearable and maybe increase engine life.

Old 12-14-2011, 05:33 AM
ACLazer
Road Warrior
Received 77 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by dan conner
after talking to steve mullen, i feel that his product will be helpful in cooling down the engine a few degrees. i am also removing the cats to get some heat off the rider and passengers' legs. going to add a lanale fan next spring. not expecting any performance increase---just trying to make the heat in south texas a little more bearable and maybe increase engine life.
Before you add a Fan, ride the bike for a while with just the Cat removed.

You may find you won't need the Fan too !!

Old 12-14-2011, 05:42 AM
'05Train
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 883 Likes on 439 Posts

Originally Posted by Ronp42
Are you saying Steve Mullen is giving fraudulent information about other people's product's? obviously you don't know the man. I know you don't know a fn thing about his product's. AND, You know what you can do with your parting gift's!!!!!
I'm saying that Steve Mullen has a vested interest in selling his products. I'm saying that there are several inaccuracies that you're attributing to him in your cut & paste. I know quite a bit about his products, specifically what they can do and what they can't.

If you sleep better at night with XIEDs on your bike, good for you. But don't lecture people who actually understand how Harley's fuel injection works.

Here you go, you can prove how much better they make your bike run with this.

Old 12-14-2011, 07:17 AM
blusmbl
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

That initial post copied from Steve Mullen has a ton of inaccuracies. He is smart enough but doesn't have the whole picture, he is missing some fairly critical points on multiple subjects. Some people are better at reverse engineering than others...

Quick Reply: Gutting Cats - the real facts