Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

any other tools i need?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2011, 01:14 PM
thenewrage
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PistonPuller
You will need an impact gun. I cant rememebr the size wrench for the top, I used the box wrench in the tool bag that came with the bike. I think its 36mm? Make sure you take the lowers off with the forks still in place. It will be much easier. All the ideas you got so far work well. Now is the time for a flush mount axle as well. Good luck

Are you running the flush mount axle? If so where did you get it from? Ultrakla$$ic had a thread diy chrome lowers. In that thread I think ultraklassic said he had problems with the flush mount axle and that his was going back to oem with caps.May have been someone else saying that but they said they had a hard time getting it out.

Old 12-05-2011, 01:20 PM
PistonPuller
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by thenewrage
Are you running the flush mount axle? If so where did you get it from? Ultrakla$$ic had a thread diy chrome lowers. In that thread I think ultraklassic said he had problems with the flush mount axle and that his was going back to oem with caps.May have been someone else saying that but they said they had a hard time getting it out.
I have the fatbagger axle that I picked up from eastern performance. I have had the axle out a couple times and it is no different than the stock one. I think his deal was trying to get the threaded cap out. That looks like it could be a little difficult, but once it's in, there isn't a need to remove it unless you plan on going back to stock. If that were the case then the cap could be drilled out

Old 12-05-2011, 01:36 PM
thenewrage
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PistonPuller
I have the fatbagger axle that I picked up from eastern performance. I have had the axle out a couple times and it is no different than the stock one. I think his deal was trying to get the threaded cap out. That looks like it could be a little difficult, but once it's in, there isn't a need to remove it unless you plan on going back to stock. If that were the case then the cap could be drilled out

Thanks for spending my money. That looks sweet! and thanks for any advice you have given as well as everyone commenting on this thread.