Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lowering the Street Glide

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2011, 08:24 AM
shore
Stellar HDF Member
Received 96 Likes on 70 Posts
Default Lowering the Street Glide

I'm 5' 8" so flat footing on a stock street glide is not happening. I'd like to explore my options for getting that accomplished.

I did the shock brackets on my 07 and had the seat shaved locally. That was good but it put the bike low enough to drag on corners pretty easily.

What streetglide seat is the lowest for the driver? was it the 2011 that was dished out? Those are pretty cheap to come by used.

Old 12-03-2011, 08:45 AM
funnythebunny
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The '11 factory saddle is the lowest, aside from the Sundowner, which is the one I use. I also put a 1" lowering kit on my rear shock. At 5'7" with a 29" inseam, I can manage the bike in most terrain. I still have a problem backing her out against a hill, but I've been creative in my parking style.

Old 12-03-2011, 08:49 AM
shore
Stellar HDF Member

OK, so a 2011 seat is what I'm after?

Old 12-03-2011, 09:36 AM
blarg
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Send your seat to meancity. They will make it narrower and lower. Its probably the width that's causing problems not the height. Ive had bikes with higher seats before with no problems. The HD touring bike seats are just really wide and push your legs out.

Old 12-03-2011, 10:09 AM
shore
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by blarg
Send your seat to meancity. They will make it narrower and lower. Its probably the width that's causing problems not the height. Ive had bikes with higher seats before with no problems. The HD touring bike seats are just really wide and push your legs out.
Yes, that's a big issue also. I might just run it up to my local seat guy. he did my last one and it was about $80 or so.

Old 12-03-2011, 10:12 AM
PistonPuller
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I am 6' with a 30" inseam. My 2008 Road Glide seat makes me flat footed. Ironically enough when I put my apes on, it also sat me a little more straight up which made me a little more flat footed. Also look into a cvo seat, they are lower as well

Old 12-03-2011, 10:18 AM
TUCCI
Extreme HDF Member
Received 219 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by funnythebunny
The '11 factory saddle is the lowest, aside from the Sundowner, which is the one I use. I also put a 1" lowering kit on my rear shock. At 5'7" with a 29" inseam, I can manage the bike in most terrain. I still have a problem backing her out against a hill, but I've been creative in my parking style.
Whose lowering kit did you buy and how did that work on the overall fit of the bike, I'm interested and the OP can use it to factor into the equation?.

Old 12-03-2011, 10:19 AM
buggy
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm also 5'8" I put 1" kit on and wear logger boots .I ride 2 up slot and don't scrape unless I'm really into it hard.

Old 12-03-2011, 10:24 AM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Check with "burly"...do a google search. The offer high quality lowering stuff.

Not a fan of the stock seat. They have a cheap nylon seat pan.

Other option is a Le Pera King Cobra seat. Mine dropped me about 2 inches in the saddle, and pushed me back about 3 inches...and the seat pan is steel, top notch quality. Their base model is vinyl, and about 3 bills. Mine was more becasue I splurged and custom ordered it, but it's still the same saddle. Of course, the 2-up seating area isn't the greatest for girls who love their refrigerator.

~Joe

Old 12-03-2011, 10:47 AM
shore
Stellar HDF Member

Well I'm trying to make a choice of having my stock 09 shaved/narrowed or getting the 11 seat? is the 11 narrower also?

****, my buddy has an 11, I wish he was closer. I could give it a whirl.

Quick Reply: Lowering the Street Glide