Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 heads with compression release install on 96"

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2011, 08:58 PM
1fathog
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2011 heads with compression release install on 96"

Need advise. Just purchased 103" cylinders, pistons, heads w/ automatic compression releases off a 2011 to install on my 2010 ultra w/ 96", Woods 6-6 cams, 09 headpipe w/o cat, FM Stage one A/C, PC-V w/ FuelMoto map . Manual states that a Digital Tech must be used to upgrade the computer. Is this correct if I am running a pcv with a FuelMoto map? Can I wire the releases as per instruction without the DT or is the Digital Tech used to program the compression releases?

Old 11-28-2011, 09:45 PM
BadBagger08
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've been monkeying with this issue and will resolve this issue this winter. This is what you need to do it the MoCo way. wiring harness 60-80$ cant remember. then a download from the dealer to activate them in the ECM. most likely going to charge you the same price as a stage1 download 150.00
I also heard wiring the Harley harness into the ecm is a pain in the *** from Frank at DBW

I'm working on a harness, relay and a timer that will run off the starter relay opening and closing the ACR's. I belive I can build the harness for around 60.00 to 80.00 profitable

Wiring them directly into the starter relay the bike wont start 90% of the time. this is why I believe a timer is needed to close the valve after 1 revolution of the crank reliving the initial pressure and then closing allowing the bike to start. I believe this is what the download to the ecm also does.

If you can wait (I just got back to work) I will finish my project and can provide you with a identical unit when I finish mine.

The Se tuner I believe the option is available to turn them on and off. There is no option with the PCV to do this as it doesn't flash the ecm and is a piggy back unit.

Last edited by BadBagger08; 11-28-2011 at 09:55 PM.
Old 11-28-2011, 10:09 PM
1fathog
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks, let me know how it works out. I'm not in a hurry. PM me the details.

Old 11-28-2011, 10:26 PM
DeneFXDWG
Road Warrior
Received 56 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by BadBagger08
I've been monkeying with this issue and will resolve this issue this winter. This is what you need to do it the MoCo way. wiring harness 60-80$ cant remember. then a download from the dealer to activate them in the ECM. most likely going to charge you the same price as a stage1 download 150.00
I also heard wiring the Harley harness into the ecm is a pain in the *** from Frank at DBW

I'm working on a harness, relay and a timer that will run off the starter relay opening and closing the ACR's. I belive I can build the harness for around 60.00 to 80.00 profitable

Wiring them directly into the starter relay the bike wont start 90% of the time. this is why I believe a timer is needed to close the valve after 1 revolution of the crank reliving the initial pressure and then closing allowing the bike to start. I believe this is what the download to the ecm also does.

If you can wait (I just got back to work) I will finish my project and can provide you with a identical unit when I finish mine.

The Se tuner I believe the option is available to turn them on and off. There is no option with the PCV to do this as it doesn't flash the ecm and is a piggy back unit.
So I was led to believe that the releases was a simle plug and play into some harness in my 2011 that is already there. Now perhaps I would need a flash from the dealer after the install? I am going to be going with a TTS after these are installed, that wouldn't matter would it?

Old 11-28-2011, 10:44 PM
BadBagger08
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DeneFXDWG
So I was led to believe that the releases was a simle plug and play into some harness in my 2011 that is already there. Now perhaps I would need a flash from the dealer after the install? I am going to be going with a TTS after these are installed, that wouldn't matter would it?
Someone with a TTS will have to chime in, but I would bet it is most likely a available option as tuning the TTS is a flash to the TTS ECM (right?) And no it's not just plug the quick connects in and your done. Directions come with the harness but there is a couple more wires that need to be inserted in the main wiring harness to the ecm

The PCV (5) does not allow ACR's to be turned on and off and in my situation running nitrous it's the only tuner that makes sense for me with the 2 map option with a flip of the switch. To utilize the PCV and ACR's I would have to go to the dealer and have them enable this option and I don't just like handing my $$ over to the MoCo any more the milked me enough with the purchase of my bike.

Last edited by BadBagger08; 11-28-2011 at 10:49 PM.
Old 11-28-2011, 11:12 PM
Tinman265
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I cannot speak for the TTS but you can enable the ACR option using The Harley Screaming Eagle Pro Tuner.

Old 11-29-2011, 01:28 PM
DeneFXDWG
Road Warrior
Received 56 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by BadBagger08
Someone with a TTS will have to chime in, but I would bet it is most likely a available option as tuning the TTS is a flash to the TTS ECM (right?) And no it's not just plug the quick connects in and your done. Directions come with the harness but there is a couple more wires that need to be inserted in the main wiring harness to the ecm

The PCV (5) does not allow ACR's to be turned on and off and in my situation running nitrous it's the only tuner that makes sense for me with the 2 map option with a flip of the switch. To utilize the PCV and ACR's I would have to go to the dealer and have them enable this option and I don't just like handing my $$ over to the MoCo any more the milked me enough with the purchase of my bike.
I'm waiting for a call back from TTS to find out if their software allows the necessary flash. Have heard however, that you can wire the ACR's in a fashion that the ECM isn't needed, apparently S&S motors are done this way for years. Any input from others that know this stuff would help, thanks again.

Old 11-29-2011, 01:58 PM
Lonewolf176
Stellar HDF Member
Received 380 Likes on 239 Posts

The TTS will turn them on. I think it is only the 103, not the 96 heads that are machined for them. The part# for the harness should be 70623-06.

Old 05-29-2012, 06:03 PM
Cricket11
Road Master
Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts

I am building a custom bagger with a late model S.E. 110, and want to wire up the ACR's, but do not have the convenience of a computer for this. I am going to Carb it, and run a custom wiring harness, probably Thunderheart, or a good brand like that. I will want to use the ACR's, so would also like to know how I could wire the system up to work with the starter. I read the S&S info, and they wire up to close with the starter relay, so I assume the bike will start, just not run too well until they close. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Later. Cricket

Old 02-07-2013, 05:59 AM
kev's 2011 Ultra Classic
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice looking bike man

Quick Reply: 2011 heads with compression release install on 96"