Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking hard about getting a 2012 CVO Road Glide...

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2011, 01:56 PM
gogogadgetbiker
Banned competing forum owner
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GLACIERPEARL
$40,000 > $ 3,000 !!!! ........

It's a lot closer to 30K than 40K, and I was saying I'll be doing 3K just in motor work + new tunes + cruise. I'll have another 4K in mine by the end of winter...

I know I know, 30K>4K... But I'm in love!!!

I think I can sell mine for 10K-12K, put 10K down, and still have a VERY modest payment. We will see in a few weeks....

Anyone have any comments on the 110" verses the 88"?

Old 11-28-2011, 02:22 PM
plasmadaddy
Road Warrior
Received 48 Likes on 40 Posts

Went from an 88 on my Softail to the 110 CVO Street Glide.

Honest opinion, yes it pulls better, overtakes better, and rides that bit faster but don't expect a blow your socks off experience!!!

Old 11-28-2011, 02:22 PM
XARAN
Stellar HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

If you can afford one and can get you hands on one buy it . I would!

The CVO RG is really a nice bike this year and at least in california hard to get, already a waiting list at the 3 dealers near me.

Some will flame you for buying a CVO but IMO its money well spent if you were going to mod your bike. On a stock HD anything you put into it usually wont get you anything back , with a CVO more $ up front but more resale value and you wont put as much into it along the way. So I believe its a better investment when you trade or sell.

Old 11-28-2011, 02:26 PM
Cowboy Rob
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 2,574 Likes on 1,498 Posts

I would love to have a CVO one day.

Old 11-28-2011, 03:15 PM
equandt
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

This year's CVO RG's are sweet. If you can swing it, I'd say go for it.

Post up a pic or two after you bring your new bike home.

Old 11-28-2011, 03:43 PM
mike1158
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i rode that EXACT bike at the Demo day at my dealer... it was SWEET... it may seem like something minor but that windsplitter windsheild made a BIG difference... i rode a stock RGC 'bout a year ago and hated the experience cuz that 4" piece of trim that they call a windshield is useless.... i'm short at 5'6" and the wind was punching me in the face..i can't imagine what a taller guy mus go through...
i couldn't help wondering what that 100 would sound like with a better exhaust (LOSE THE CAT! )and a cam...
the gloss black engine components had me scratching my head too they looked a little grey..couldn't tell if it was a heat effect of just that the bike was dusty/dirty...those demo bike aren't treated too kindly

if you can afford it i say GO!..... but don't think that buying a CVO means you're "Done"...... the mod gods will always get ya

Old 11-28-2011, 03:49 PM
Redbeard719
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 1,226 Likes on 550 Posts

I've got a 2003 Heritage Springer Softail, and the 2010 FLHXSE in my signature.

Understand the different frame styles, and motor mounting styles, but the 110" in a powerful motor. Performance-wise, I only added dresser duals and new mufflers, as well as a dyno tune with a SERT.

It really cooled the engine down, and unlocked a lot of potential. I may consider cams one day, but for now, she pulls like a freight train.

The 03 Sprinper, well, it rides like you would expect. Fun as hell, but doesn't pull near as hard. Not even close. But that's a solo rider. My FLHXSE is for the long days and riding 2 up...

Old 11-28-2011, 03:54 PM
Ozoneman
Road Warrior

The Skunk is a cool looking bike, but I like the maple colored one the best.

I have the Road Glide Ultra and wish I'd bought the CVO RGU last year when it was available.

Going from a '06 to a '12 will be such a big difference. So many changes...

Old 11-28-2011, 04:06 PM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Just do it.

Old 11-28-2011, 04:57 PM
Intensefab
Cruiser

Got the 11 CVO Road Glide Ultra in June and have never looked back. I worked at the Harley dealership selling bikes and this bike hit the floor and I had to look at her every day for two weeks trying to find her a new home. Finally decided that she needed to come home with me.

The bike comes with everything you could ever get from the parts catalog. It has the 110 motor, which is strong...but won't blow your socks off. You can put some pipes and a set of cams in the motor and then she will really wake up!!

My selling tool for the CVO's was, get a stock Road Glide put all the bells and whistles and chrome on it and your working your way to the price of the CVO!

Pull the trigger!

Quick Reply: Thinking hard about getting a 2012 CVO Road Glide...